• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Tirod

Sooooo I thought the Judy medal was supposed to be amazing.

I bought the avatar board and Judy is showing the same ability as Aerith. I thought she boosted your strength by 2 levels, not just 1.

sGdOHu4.jpg

Went ahead and posted Nick too while I had my phone connected to laptop.

Primus

Sooooo I thought the Judy medal was supposed to be amazing.

I bought the avatar board and Judy is showing the same ability as Aerith. I thought she boosted your strength by 2 levels, not just 1.

Uploading pic from phone now.

JP Judy Hopps is supposed to be a Atk+2 boost, so if the NA one isn't that's either a bug or a deliberate change.

CRS

Man 3k a piece for each board. Holy shit. Don't have enough so I can't share what the look like unfortunately. Might buy the Special Unlock though. We'll see.

Each Zootopia board is 2400 coins but there's also an additional board with The Duck Twins, Moogle, and 2 Cid medals for about 4k medals.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ouch they are 6* in the US version ? Thats really bad - makes them straight up inferior to Vivi/Diz and Aerith - 6* cost for a support unit is nuts.

Tirod

Assuming this is a deliberate change and not a bug, learn from me and don't plop down the jewels for these. They come as 6 Star and aren't better than DiZ/Aerith/Vivi.

So much regret.

I may have bought the $99.99 Jewel bundle to prep for limited medal pulls + outright buy these avatar boards.

Just to further the playerbase knowledge: the character medals, avatar costumes, cids, moogles, duck trio blips on the avatar board cost ZERO avatar coins to activate; so the 3000 jewel part is the most painful part of the equation.

CRS

Damn you spent 6k just like that.

D:

I'm sorry.

Are there other medals in the game that give +2 strength?

Primus

So in my mind, unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket, the 6k jewels to buy the two Zootopia boards is totally not worth it. I'm staying the hell away and focusing my efforts on grinding the Queen Bee event board and spawning Raids. Already pulled in over 1500 event coins that way.

Between 7pm and 9pm PST every night, the appearance rate for Queen Bees is doubled (and it's already pretty common right now), AP rate is halved (so 5, but this only matters if you can't self-kill QB and need to farm it out to your party), and Lux rewards are doubled, which is YUUUUUUGE if you luck out and spawn an Omega Queen Bee.

Tidd

Of course they nerfed them. The JP zootopia medals are too OP for the current progress of the American version. Not going to pay 3000 jewels for that.

RalchAC

It looks like this event is much less painful than the Mickey one. The stage is much shorter and the raid bosses give a lot of medals.

Right now,I would say it's the best place to farm experience, since a new raid boss has triggered after every run.

Edit: Or maybe not. The first 5 runs or so I always got 3 Eggcognitos, but I've got only 1 a few times now. Stage 57 is still king, probably.

Rootbeer

Banned
Of course they nerfed them. The JP zootopia medals are too OP for the current progress of the American version. Not going to pay 3000 jewels for that.

This sets really bad president though. They could be nerfing more upcoming medals. This really sucks.

I don't think this is a very encouraging way to be kicking things off now that the introductory period is over.

cw_sasuke

This sets really bad president though. They could be nerfing more upcoming medals. This really sucks.

I don't think this is a very encouraging way to be kicking things off now that the introductory period is over.

I think this one is a specific case because they wanted the event out on Global while the movie is still in theaters, without giving us access to so OP units.

I doubt the regular scheduled units will get nerfed down the line.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm actually dreading having to farm Guard Armor up to respectable Lux levels every time they reset raid bosses.

CRS

I'm actually dreading having to farm Guard Armor up to respectable Lux levels every time they reset raid bosses.
Eh. I'm just keeping track of my Heartless counter while I'm taking doing other quests. When I'm close, I just head to 57 and trigger the Guard spawn.

Edit:

Man, if Level 1 gave this much, I can only imagine how much the higher levels can give out.

8oR0DFr.jpg

RalchAC

8 runs in

1 egg per run
21 lux per run
2 normal Raids

This will take forever

Only 329 Runs and i Level up

So far, I would say the chance to have 3 Eggcognitos is around 40-50%. I may have been lucky though.

Keep in mind once most of your party buddies have the event boss at a respectable level (where they can't kill it themsleves) you are going to be able to get a lot of experience in a short time.

Wow, disappointed in the Zootopia medals. Not a good way to grab the attention of spenders.

Yeah... I mean, you are spending 3000 medals to get an Aerith / Diz. I'd rather do a 10-pull.

Pretty disheartening stuff considering they were handling the game pretty well beforehand. I think as long as we voice our displeasure, we'll hopefully we get some answers so this kind of thing is at least communicated first in the future. RIP you beautiful Zootopia medals.

Though I'm not sure if keeping them like their JP counterparts AND charging 3k jewels a piece would be any better. Would not bode well for the future.

cw_sasuke

10x 3 pulls per day or Zootopia board with a 6* unit that is worse than Diz/Vivi/Aerith.

Tough call, tough call.

In their defense - the Global version is still new and they are right now figuring out how to handle Hackers dominating the rankings. This would have been even worse if we had to obtain the medals like in the japanese version - competing with Hackers for weekly exp ? Good luck.

Im not to bothered by it tbh - just with everything else, if its not worth the cost/effort i wont get. Looking forward to the next batch of medals.

also

Banned
The Zootopia medals are useless but the completist in me still wants them. The problem is that the only way to get both in time would be to spend real money and if I do it for this event, I will also do it for the next one and the next one and the next one...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'd buy the 3k sets if the medals gave 2x attack boost AND there were cost increases nodes to be had. As it stands, I have DiZ and Aerith, so I am good.

I was convinced that I'd buy the weekly unlock today. But I don't see a good reason to since the event is going to run my AP dry and I have 1mil money in reserve.

Skulldead

The Zootopia medals are useless but the completist in me still wants them. The problem is that the only way to get both in time would be to spend real money and if I do it for this event, I will also do it for the next one and the next one and the next one...

Same problem here, AND this is where i decide to quit the game... the 250 story quest were sooo bad in term of story development and 0 challenge. I think they really destroy the balance with bad release medal too. You can be OP as hell or average depend of the medal you go...

Dandte

Average strength of my keyblades

Starlight: 8,2
Treasure: 8,3
Three Wishes: 8.2

I could raise Starlight, But My Speed medals suck...My best is Peter pan....treasure Needs an Upgrade for simba, Rest ist good with bc rikku Leon b diz and Wakka.
Three wishes Needs an Upgrade for Leon, Rest is filled with vivi Donald b Mickey Mickey.

Sometimes i swap in minnie for Safety. No Need to pull.

also

Banned
Anyone know if timed avatar boards/events were repeated in the JP version?
Same problem here, AND this is where i decide to quit the game... the 250 story quest were sooo bad in term of story development and 0 challenge. I think they really destroy the balance with bad release medal too. You can be OP as hell or average depend of the medal you go...
I'm going to give it another week before I decide whether to pay or whether to drop the game completely. This event just sets a really bad precedent in terms of how much they expect you to spend...

cw_sasuke

I mean this a f2p Gacha game if you really expect to get your hands on every limited medals or extra that will be available you better drop the game now unless you are willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

You can clear all the avaible with the guilted farmable units and a couple useful Gacha units (Vivi/Diz/Tinkerbell/Minnie etc.) right now. If you are f2p you save up your rewards/stones and only pull if you need it to clear new content or the deal is ridiculous good.

Skulldead

I mean this a f2p Gacha game if you really expect to get your hands on every limited medals or extra that will be available you better drop the game now unless you are willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

You can clear all the avaible with the guilted farmable units and a couple useful Gacha units (Vivi/Diz/Tinkerbell/Minnie etc.) right now. If you are f2p you save up your rewards/stones and only pull if you need it to clear new content or the deal is ridiculous good.

But right now i don't see the point to buy/change my medal because i have 0 challenge (other then the level 140 proud mission). At 35-40k power with 3 key blade of each type i obliterated nearly every content. Event the challenge that i have to kill every enemies in one turn (friend medal help but i could do it without it). I know it will change later, but i find it mindless right now... (this is just a opinion)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Question about the JP version - how hard does it get? Like, are there quests that require more than just an attack boost skill and high damage output?

cw_sasuke

But right now i don't see the point to buy/change my medal because i have 0 challenge (other then the level 140 proud mission). At 35-40k power with 3 key blade of each type i obliterated nearly every content. Event the challenge that i have to kill every enemies in one turn (friend medal help but i could do it without it). I know it will change later, but i find it mindless right now... (this is just a opinion)

Well and there is nothing wrong with that - we get monthly new quests and event so if you are ahead of the curve right now enjoy it while it lasts. The game hasnt even been out for a month and from what Malayse postet the even the story mission will get quite difficult later on. Also no matter how good your team is the later Coliseum stages will always be difficult - once they figured out the hacker situation we will get interesting Tier 10 ranking rewards again.

As a f2p im happy the longer i can "survive" and play the game without having to worry about getting some super rare/expensive medals.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm going to give it another week before I decide whether to pay or whether to drop the game completely. This event just sets a really bad precedent in terms of how much they expect you to spend...

You're approaching a gacha game with the wrong mindset to begin with.

no snark, might be better to quit if it constantly bugs you

Faiz

As a f2p im happy the longer i can "survive" and play the game without having to worry about getting some super rare/expensive medals.

Yep. I've quit a lot of games for that reason. Monster Strike is still one of the most fun/challenging games I've played mobile, but I had to walk away after repeatedly bad gacha pulls and I just couldn't keep up. As long as I'm "surviving" I'll keep playing.

Rootbeer

Banned
vulpes retains the lead ... and their lead is getting bigger.

11.2B for Vulpes
6B for unicorns

Dang.

I ranked 1212. Considering how many times I could have been playing but wasn't, I'm not disappointed... I could easily be in the top 1000 with effort.

also

Banned
Well this is the first time I got serious about a gacha game so I don't really have a frame of reference. I guess I was naive in thinking that I could get everything through grinding :/

vulpes retains the lead ... and their lead is getting bigger.

11.2 million for Vulpes
6 million for unicorns

Dang.

I ranked 1212. Considering how many times I could have been playing but wasn't, I'm not disappointed... I could easily be in the top 1000 with effort.

Don't worry, I'm certain something nefarious is going on with those damn Vulpes -.-

Boogiepop

Umm... Is the "daily log-in bonus" (or whatever the one that keeps increasing, and not the one that resets every 5 days, is called) glitched for anyone else. For a while now, like at least since it started listing titles for most days, it seems like 70%+ of the time it's been showing the reward solely as text (without an image) and then giving me nothing. I haven't been too concerned as it was mostly titles I was "missing out on", but today was I believe the second time it read as jewels and I got nothing.

So I went to the "inquiries" page in game and it was like "do you want to open support?" and I said yes and... Got a blank page. Which also happened for the help page, btw.

Am I alone in this issue? And how the hell do I contact them about it to hopefully get it fixed?

Zebei

Umm... Is the "daily log-in bonus" (or whatever the one that keeps increasing, and not the one that resets every 5 days, is called) glitched for anyone else. For a while now, like at least since it started listing titles for most days, it seems like 70%+ of the time it's been showing the reward solely as text (without an image) and then giving me nothing. I haven't been too concerned as it was mostly titles I was "missing out on", but today was I believe the second time it read as jewels and I got nothing.

So I went to the "inquiries" page in game and it was like "do you want to open support?" and I said yes and... Got a blank page. Which also happened for the help page, btw.

Am I alone in this issue? And how the hell do I contact them about it to hopefully get it fixed?
If you look at it it says "Reward: Day 30" or something like that even though it is only day 27. It means you will only get a reward when you log in for the 30th day, so every other day you get a blank reward.

No idea about the inquiry being blank though.

Boogiepop

If you look at it it says "Reward: Day 30" or something like that even though it is only day 27. It means you will only get a reward when you log in for the 30th day, so every other day you get a blank reward.

No idea about the inquiry being blank though.
Ah, that makes some sense. Got it, thanks.

Missed that as I admittedly wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to it.

Ilvocare

Pay attention to the number of days that the reward is given to you on, compared to the amount of total days you've logged in. Once you pass around 15 to 20 days you stop getting daily supplements to add to the cycle of jewels.

EDIT: Beaten.

I thought it was broken too. For me at least, I realized that it no longer gave out things every day (at day 25 is when i got the "absurd" title and nothing will happen for another 5 days until day 30 when i get 100 jewels).

edit: Beaten

Top Bottom