• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm certain it last the whole turn so give it to the person in slot one.

Also I guess I'll level up Guard Armor all over again :(
Pretty sure, it only works for the unit with the skill once activated. You should use it in your heavy dmg dealers and not on support units ala Diz/Vivi...

Wouldn't it be a waste on a booster like DiZ anyways, or is it only Sleep that doesn't activate on Special Attacks?

Yes, I'm still salty that I didn't know that before putting it on Stitch after a week + of grinding it to 10/10 on Abu, >_<.

cw_sasuke

I'm downloading now on my iPad - is that the way to go or is it better suited to play on a phone?
Should be fine in both. If you link the game to your Facebook you can play it on both systems.

Dandte

Ok. I have

5* wakka 0 dots
4* wakka 1 dot
3* wakka 1 dot
3* wakka 0 dots

Evolve the 3* wakka 0 dots to 4* feed him to 4* wakka 1 dot, evolve this wakk to 5* wakka 2 dots and feed him to 5* wakka 0 dots. I now have a 5* wakka 3 dots. Evolve this one to a 6* wakka 3 dots.

Then evolve 3* wakka 1 dot to 4* wakka 1 dot and farm another wakka. Evolve this wakka to 4* and feed him to the new 4* wakka 1 dot.
Evolve the new 4* wakka 2 dots up to 6* wakka 2 dots.

Feed the 6* wakka 2 dots to the 6* wakka 3 dots and get a 6* wakka 5 dots + guilt.

Am i right or does my plan have an error?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
FYI - skills that boost attack are for that medal only. Attack Boost II doesn't increase your party damage by 1.4x, it only boosts that medal attack if it activates.

Ok. I have

5* wakka 0 dots
4* wakka 1 dot
3* wakka 1 dot
3* wakka 0 dots

Evolve the 3* wakka 0 dots to 4* feed him to 4* wakka 1 dot, evolve this wakk to 5* wakka 2 dots and feed him to 5* wakka 0 dots. I now have a 5* wakka 3 dots. Evolve this one to a 6* wakka 3 dots.

Then evolve 3* wakka 1 dot to 4* wakka 1 dot and farm another wakka. Evolve this wakka to 4* and feed him to the new 4* wakka 1 dot.

Feed the 6* wakka 2 dots to the 6* wakka 3 dots and get a 6* wakka 5 dots + guilt.

I'm pretty sure you should be good going that route and won't run into any issues

Pretty sure, it only works for the unit with the skill once activated. You should use it in your heavy dmg dealers and not on support units ala Diz/Vivi...

I'm pretty sure I've seen damage increase on my other medals on that turn so I'm gonna need definitive proof of what you're saying.

lyrick

Ok. I have

5* wakka 0 dots
4* wakka 1 dot
3* wakka 1 dot
3* wakka 0 dots

In General keep the combining as low as possible to minimize materials usage:

get another Wakka evolve it to 3*(0) [note level 47 works well for a 2*]
level the existing 3*(0) with the new 3*(0) for another 3*(1)

partial result => 3*(1), 3*(1), 4*(1), 5*(0)
---
evolve both 3*(1) to 4*(1)

partial result => 4*(1), 4*(1), 4*(1), 5*(0)
---
evolve all the 4*(1) to 5*(1)

partial result => 5*(1), 5*(1), 5*(1), 5*(0)
---
level up 5*(1) with the 5*(0) for a 5*(2)
level the 5*(1) with the other 5*(1) for a 5*(3)

partial result => 5*(3), 5*(2)
---

evolve both and combine

Dandte

I'm pretty sure you should be good going that route and won't run into any issues

In General keep the combining as low as possible to minimize materials usage:

get another Wakka evolve it to 3*(0) [note level 47 works well for a 2*]
level the existing 3*(0) with the new 3*(0) for another 3*(1)

partial result => 3*(1), 3*(1), 4*(1), 5*(0)
---
evolve both 3*(1) to 4*(1)

partial result => 4*(1), 4*(1), 4*(1), 5*(0)
---
evolve all the 4*(1) to 5*(1)

partial result => 5*(1), 5*(1), 5*(1), 5*(0)
---
level up 5*(1) with the 5*(0) for a 5*(2)
level the 5*(1) with the other 5*(1) for a 5*(3)

partial result => 5*(3), 5*(2)
---

evolve both and combine

Thx for the confirmation and minimize materials usage!

Now i have to wait till tuesday.

cw_sasuke

I'm pretty sure I've seen damage increase on my other medals on that turn so I'm gonna need definitive proof of what you're saying.
It's just as Nicoga said, medal skills only boost the units that have them equipped. You need Vivi/Diz actives to boost the whole group.
Y'all still have room? I think imma leave NeoGaf#1 since it's not very active anymore.
ID: 17622
Yeah drop your group and I'm gonna send you and invite.

It's just as Nicoga said, medal skills only boost the units that have them equipped. You need Vivi/Diz actives to boost the whole group.

Sorry not trying to be a jerk or anything but honestly I gotta see proof of this as like I said it appears as I seen a damage increase for everyone that turn when the skill activated.

Jarekx

Sorry not trying to be a jerk or anything but honestly I gotta see proof of this as like I said it appears as I seen a damage increase for everyone that turn when the skill activated.

It really doesn't. Vivi/Diz's ability boost everyone for the turn and stacks with attack boost but only the character using attack boost gets boosted. I've had two trigger on seperate medals during a turn and the second one didn't get any stronger than it normally does if only it's attack boost had occurred.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

My anecdotal evidence says it doesn't work like you think. You can choose to ignore that and use the attack boost medal on your DiZ/Vivi/Aerith, but I wouldn't. You should use a def boost, poison, paralysis, or sleep skill on those medals. But I have been messing with skill medals for 2 weeks, trying to make heads or tails of the damage increases/skill benefits to optimize my team order. I'm positive enough on my assessment to not waste those medals on anything other than my strongest hitters.

That said, the game does give you the information you need to work it out to a certain degree.

Use DiZ and you'll see the little increased attack bubble next to your character for the rest of the turn. That's how you know that ALL of your medals will be boosted. Use DiZ + Aerith and you'll see a +2 Attack boost bubble, indicating that all of your medals receive two boosts that turn.

Now, if you trigger "attack boost I", there is no bubble that shows an increase for the rest of your turn. That would suggest that no other medals receive the boost.

CRS

Maybe he has Attack Boost All 1 which boosts all the medals? I don't have the medal buy I've seen it as a Quest objective so I figured it was that

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, just ran a few tests.

Maybe he has Attack Boost All 1 which boosts all the medals? I don't have the medal buy I've seen it as a Quest objective so I figured it was that

Nope, works just like the regular skill medals. It just only will trigger when you do a mass attack (swipe attack). However, in all of the missions I've run, I have NEVER seen an increase in damage for medals attacking after my Yuffie or Beast (both have Attack Boost All).

As for RellyRell28:

Ran the same mission twice. Auron has Attack Boost II. The medal after him (Sora) has no boosts. This was against the same enemy.

Skill trigger on Auron, Sora deals 3318 damage.
Skill does NOT trigger on Auron, Sora deals 3297 damage.

So that should tell you that the skill triggering has no impact on subsequent attacks.

RalchAC

My anecdotal evidence says it doesn't work like you think. You can choose to ignore that and use the attack boost medal on your DiZ/Vivi/Aerith, but I wouldn't. You should use a def boost, poison, paralysis, or sleep skill on those medals. But I have been messing with skill medals for 2 weeks, trying to make heads or tails of the damage increases/skill benefits to optimize my team order. I'm positive enough on my assessment to not waste those medals on anything other than my strongest hitters.

That said, the game does give you the information you need to work it out to a certain degree.

Use DiZ and you'll see the little increased attack bubble next to your character for the rest of the turn. That's how you know that ALL of your medals will be boosted. Use DiZ + Aerith and you'll see a +2 Attack boost bubble, indicating that all of your medals receive two boosts that turn.

Now, if you trigger "attack boost I", there is no bubble that shows an increase for the rest of your turn. That would suggest that no other medals receive the boost.

Debuffs like Paralysis, Poison or Sleep don't trigger if you use Diz, Vivi or Aerith skills. I think the best possible choice for those characters is Defense Boost, since those are activated when the enemy attacks, not depending on your input.

Permanently A

no that one is a worse Attack Boost 1. It only triggers on swipes and only affects the swipe attack. Attack Boost 1 also triggers on swipes so it's strictly better.

CRS

Nope, works just like the regular skill medals. It just only will trigger when you do a mass attack (swipe attack). However, in all of the missions I've run, I have NEVER seen an increase in damage for medals attacking after my Yuffie or Beast (both have Attack Boost All).

As for RellyRell28:

Ran the same mission twice. Auron has Attack Boost II. The medal after him (Sora) has no boosts. This was against the same enemy.

So that should tell you that the skill triggering has no impact on subsequent attacks.

no that one is a worse Attack Boost 1. It only triggers on swipes and only affects the swipe attack. Attack Boost 1 also triggers on swipes so it's strictly better.

Ah thanks for the info.

SoulUnison

Banned
I actually don't miss the Half AP.
Something about being capable of playing near-infinitely was really overwhelming in this kind of game.

Now that it's easier to run out of AP and know that I can take a break it's somehow a more enjoyable experience.

cw_sasuke

Something about being capable of playing near-infinitely was really overwhelming in this kind of game.

Now that it's easier to run out of AP and know that I can take a break it's somehow a more enjoyable experience.

Completely agree.

Ilvocare

Two things:

1) Seeing missions ask for you to activate Defense Boost 1 while simultaneously 1-turning all enemies... that's impossible, right? I'm not crazy on that, are I? If Defense Boost only triggers when eating hits then you CAN'T 1-turn all the enemies. Seems like a kinda-scummy way to encourage you to run missions more than once...

2) I've been keeping tabs on this thread for a while. Are there ANY significant Leopardos parties anywhere? I'm starting to feel like I've outgrown my current party's capabilities... and if there is a party here running in this board, then should I jump ship before or after Monday? Or do I lose ranking either way?

Actually wait, no, Rankings are suspended starting tomorrow, so I'll happily join any more active party. ...That being said it does seem like my current party's snugly inside the 190s ranks, so there's that...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

It's nice to not feel like I have to play obsessively, I agree. But the initial boost was sort of awesome. I've got a good set of medals, done with the story, maxed 3 keyblades, and now I'm just finishing up little objectives and raising new pulls slowly. Good stuff.

Psxphile

Kinda feel bad about people just picking this up now that the half-AP is over, or for those starting over for whatever reason.

creid

Finished off the story quests earlier, finished May's colosseum, and come Tuesday I'll have my 3rd 6*. I may go semi-casual after that :eek:

Primus

Debating one more go-around with the weekly unlock. Even with the loss of half AP, it still seems advantageous to be able to hit the special boards whenever you want, plus it would be another 3000 Jewels. We'll see what happens at reset tonight.

inner-G

Banned
If anyone is really picky about graphics, you may want to play this on a phone instead of tablet.

For me at least, there is noticeable pixelization on iPad, I don't think the assets are 'retina' quality (Air 2)

*Gets Tier 9 reward in the Coliseum*

Great...now what?

Also evolved my Sora Master Form medal to level 6, making it my first level 6 speed medal.

As for RellyRell28:

Thanks
Two things:

1) Seeing missions ask for you to activate Defense Boost 1 while simultaneously 1-turning all enemies... that's impossible, right? I'm not crazy on that, are I? If Defense Boost only triggers when eating hits then you CAN'T 1-turn all the enemies. Seems like a kinda-scummy way to encourage you to run missions more than once...
Yeah some mission you have no choice but to run it twice.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
*Gets Tier 9 reward in the Coliseum*

Great...now what?

Also evolved my Sora Master Form medal to level 6, making it my first level 6 speed medal.

I am something like 15 or 20 missions into T10. It's become clear that I will not be finishing the T10 Event Board because it requires you to hit level 300 or something stupid.

OK, I've grinded to obtain enough Yen Sid/Mickey medals to get 5 Power medals to 6* (two are currently 5* max level, three are currently 4* various levels). So here are my remaining goals in order to beat the Proud Speed challenge:

-Beat quest 125 in order to obtain enough Orichalcum to upgrade the Power keyblade enough to unlock the 5th slot.
-Get a bunch of EXP medals Tuesday. Will need to be on the ball here in order to get enough to upgrade everyone.
-Get five more 4* Flora medals (have one right now) and ten 5* Flora medals.
-Take advantage of Munny quests when I can (can someone explain to me how they show up?). In addition to whatever I need to level the medals up, I need 520,000 Munny just for evolving.

Even then, I'm not sure if that'll be enough. I just died in one hit when I did a practice run earlier (currently sitting at ~3800 HP, attack did ~4100 damage), and my 4* medals were doing only 1 damage. Does leveling increase some internal stats that will help my offense and defense at all? Or is it basically just an AP refill with occasional Avatar Coins and board unlocks?

Dandte

OK, I've grinded to obtain enough Yen Sid/Mickey medals to get 5 Power medals to 6* (two are currently 5* max level, three are currently 4* various levels). So here are my remaining goals in order to beat the Proud Speed challenge:

-Beat quest 125 in order to obtain enough Orichalcum to upgrade the Power keyblade enough to unlock the 5th slot.
-Get a bunch of EXP medals Tuesday. Will need to be on the ball here in order to get enough to upgrade everyone.
-Get five more 4* Flora medals (have one right now) and ten 5* Flora medals.
-Take advantage of Munny quests when I can (can someone explain to me how they show up?). In addition to whatever I need to level the medals up, I need 520,000 Munny just for evolving.

Even then, I'm not sure if that'll be enough. I just died in one hit when I did a practice run earlier (currently sitting at ~3800 HP, attack did ~4100 damage), and my 4* medals were doing only 1 damage. Does leveling increase some internal stats that will help my offense and defense at all? Or is it basically just an AP refill with occasional Avatar Coins and board unlocks?

Bold1: Don't evolve all, except you have enough cost
Bold2: Defense and Offense is generated through your medals.
Level ups only Grant you Avatar Bords which provide you with ap hp and cost.

CRS

I did it y'all.

I fucking did it. With 5 minutes to spare.

;___________;

52FCIzK.jpg

Did almost all of the Female Board today, with 20 AP missions too. Actually had to refill once with Jewels but worth.

cw_sasuke

Zootopia boards are here :eek:

I did it y'all.

I fucking did it. With 5 minutes to spare.
Did almost all of the Female Board today, with 20 AP missions too. Actually had to refill once with Jewels but worth.
Hah thats awesome man - congrats.

CRS

Zootopia the new event board with a Raid Boss this time. Taking screenshots.

Event Period: May 2, 2016 12:00 a.m. to May 15, 2016 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time)

fJKM0yI.png

Zootopia has come to Kingdom Hearts Unchained &#967;! But some powerful Heartless have come along as well!

Defeat the Queen Bee Raid Bosses with your friends, earn Event Coints, and unlock exclusive (and cuddly) snugglies for your avatar!

Here’s the full list of the accessories you can get! (Accessories are unlocked for each Avatar gender separately.)
• Nick Wilde Snuggly
• Judy Hopps Snuggly
• Flash Snuggly
• Finnick Snuggly

NOTE: Event Coins are only dropped by the Queen Bee Raid Boss, and NOT by the Queen Bee &#937; Heartless that appear in the Event Quest.

&#9679; Raid Boss Bonus Time

Every day for the duration of the event, between 7:00 p.m. and 8:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) you'll be able to get the following bonuses to help you collect Event Coins!

• Appearance rate of Queen Bee and Queen Bee &#937; doubles!
• AP cost for Queen Bee and Queen Bee &#937; battles is halved!
• Lux rewards for defeating Queen Bee and Queen Bee &#937; doubles!

New Zootopia medals too.

bNqdI3g.jpg

Celebrate Zootopia's arrival with new avatar costumes, Medals, and more!
Campaign Period: May 2, 2016 12:00 a.m. to May 15, 2016 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time)

jahbKox.png

&#12539;We've prepared 2 avatar boards filled to the brim with goodies to welcome our new friends!
&#12539;Besides some gorgeous avatar sets, you'll get Medals of Judy and Nick in their corresponding boards!
&#12539;Each board can be unlocked for 3,000 Jewels.

NOTES:
&#12539;Select "Avatar Board" from the Menu to view these boards.
&#12539;Once purchased, these avatar boards will remain unlocked for you even after the campaign period ends. (If you have not unlocked these avatar boards before the campaign end time, they will no longer be available to you.)
&#12539;You will not need Avatar Coins to unlock nodes on these boards.

YgQqKKm.png

eVsXAn7.png

Top Bottom