• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

lyrick

I'll Trade your luck for mine:

Stitch rolled a 22
Young Herc rolled a 12 (later rerolled a 15)
Donald Ver. A rolled a 10
Yuna rolled a 10

I can't get a Yen Sid, Fantasia Mickey to drop worth shit on off days
(mainly farming 206 &232)

I rarely see a Fairly Godmother from 174 though I do have better luck on 270...

I grow tired of watching 130+ AP get drained with no gains made.

Tirod

Damn, that's some harsh RNG. My 14s still pain me, but 2 10s is just...horrifically tragic.

I'm both excited/terrified at the prospect of guilting a premium medal.

Primus

Sitting on jewels is torture, I really want to pull some Mickeys, Aurons, or Leons to make my Magic keyblade less pathetic. :(

If the previous weeks pan out, there should be some sort of new medal deal in the Shop after reset tonight. Whether or not it comes with any new medals, though, who knows?

Are there any active NeoGAF groups in fox union?

I don't think I can take out any more of the Omega event bosses by myself and the group I'm in is dead, I think.

Falk

that puzzling face
Previously, new medals kinda got choreographed in advance by stuff popping up in the gallery.

edit: clarity

MAtgS

Is there a catch to making Darkside Omega appear? It's the only raid boss I've yet to fight even once & following the raid boss guide I keep getting normal Darksides over & over.

My Power/Magic keyblade are finally starting to shape out quite nicely, with two 6* medals and two maxed out 5* medals. These medals include Cloud, Leon, Auron, and Vivi, with everything else being a farmable medal that are only one step away from being guilted (only on chapter 94, though).

My Speed keyblade is not faring so well. I have a couple of non-farmable Sora medals on there, but neither seem to be all that great. In addition, I have a Timeless Mickey (I actually do like the AOE fixed-damage special it has) and a Stitch, and for the latter I need to put in the time to level up my other Stitches to get it to a guiltable state. I also have enough Tiduses to make a guilted Tidus, but they are all low-leveled, so I have my work cut out for me.

I'll probably upgrade my Power keyblade first once I get enough Orichalcum, since most of my heavyhitters are on that one.

Faiz

So what did we download? No announcement, not quests, Zootopia still has 3 days...?

Edit: number of medals in Album increased and I missed that. So there we go!

Rootbeer

Banned
If a medal has a skill and you try to overwrite it with another skill, and it fails... do you keep the first skill that was already there or is it removed?

I can't find any certain information about this

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If a medal has a skill and you try to overwrite it with another skill, and it fails... do you keep the first skill that was already there or is it removed?

That's a fantastic question that I have no idea how to answer. My gut says you keep the old skill. However, I would say don't try to overwrite a skill until you max that skill, though. Not worth wasting it.

Speaking of skills, I am at 8/10 on a Tifa dupe with Poison. I want to get a dot on my Tifa, but I need to hit that 10/10 and it's taking FOREVER for those last 2 skill levels.

RalchAC

You keep it.

I fed a Peter Pan with Defense Boost to a Peter Pan with Attack Boost I. Since it was at level one (so there only was a 10% chance to overwrite), it failed. Attack Boost was kept.

I haven't been keeping too up to date on this game, but are Organization XIII medals a thing to come in the future or have they made no mention of future medals? I'm just hording until they come out so I can buy them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I haven't been keeping too up to date on this game, but are Organization XIII medals a thing to come in the future or have they made no mention of future medals? I'm just hording until they come out so I can buy them.

I don't think we'll see Org XIII medals for a bit. They nerfed the shit out of the Zootopia medals because of the current state of the game, so I have to believe they wouldn't release those powerful medals just yet.

Famassu

Is there some kind of hidden bonus when leveling up medals? I just leveled up a green Sora and before I confirmed the usage of medals, the game showed it would level up his medal to lvl 62, but once all was said & done my medal is now lvl 72. o_O

Kinsei

Banned
Is there some kind of hidden bonus when leveling up medals? I just leveled up a green Sora and before I confirmed the usage of medals, the game showed it would level up his medal to lvl 62, but once all was said & done my medal is now lvl 72. o_O

There's a chance you'll get more exp when leveling up. It will say Great! or Excellent! right after you level it up if you get the bonus exp.

Primus

I think the new medals could be Halloween Town characters, new King Micky, CoM characters and maybe Roxas?

12 new medal slots in the Album, that would correspond with 3 medals at 4 levels each, which would match the Halloween version of Sora, Goofy and Donald.

Dandte

12 new medal slots in the Album, that would correspond with 3 medals at 4 levels each, which would match the Halloween version of Sora, Goofy and Donald.
All of them are rated 7.5 with the Same Special reducing the enemys Defense for 4 Special gauges. Nope noch gonna spend gems.

Primus

All of them are rated 7.5 with the Same Special reducing the enemys Defense for 4 Special gauges. Nope noch gonna spend gems.

In JP KHUX, there was an event which awarded the medals, they weren't jewel draws. That being said, Square US has already changed one set of free medals (the Zootopia ones) to pay, so this might end up another pay-way-too-many-jewels-for-bad-medals situation.

Regardless, everyone should hold on until the stats on the medals are confirmed. There's no reason why Square would change the stats on them, they're pretty much crap, but I don't trust Square at all after the Zootopia debacle.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not for 4 Special Gauges though. Don't think it's worth.

I think the question is if the debuff is rest of the turn, for that attack only, or for the next attack. Against a raid boss with a bunch of targets, I could see doing a full debuff attack into a power boost. Great damage for the other 4 medals.

But the way it reads on the wiki is...Sketchy. Would definitely say it's worth waiting to see someone else pull them and test before grabbing them.

CRS

Yeah I haven't really been focusing too much on rerolling right now. Losing half AP on top of not having all special quests available kinda made me slow down. When I do get around though, if I can get at least 18%, I'll be happy.

Looks like 6 new medals, one of which is Black Coat Mickey. His special is a single hit AOE that ignores enemy type.

Definitely worth drawing for, he's super high tier.

Well, unless they nerfed him.

Primus

Looks like 6 new medals, one of which is Black Coat Mickey. His special is a single hit AOE that ignores enemy type.

Definitely worth drawing for, he's super high tier.

Well, unless they nerfed him.

That would be NA's first Premium medal. Would make sense, he got released around this point in time for JP KHUX, along with the Halloween medals.

EDIT: Interesting. We know that 12 new medal slots opened in the Album. With 6 confirmed medals coming out, that means only two slots per medal. Along with Black Coat Mickey, the next medals in line that fit are:

Jack Skellington
Kairi (KH1)
Namine
Riku (CoM Black Coat)
Roxas (SP) - Reverse/Dark Medal

If this is the case, PULL, PULL FOR YOUR LIFE. SPEND EVERYTHING.

We'll see in 2 hours.

Primus

And the medals are:

Black Coat King Mickey
Zack
Aladdin
Kairi (KH II)
Black Coat Riku (CoM)
Sora Final Form

No Namine, but still good medals.

The new 3000 Jewel deal is a guaranteed 5* of this pool, plus a raised chance of other 5*s from the pool. Super rare chance for the Black Coat King Mickey with an Attack Boost II skill.

EDIT: Did one pull of the deal, got the Black Coat Riku and Aladdin medals from the pool. Not bad, would have rather KH II Kairi instead of Aladdin but I'll take it.

CRS

Introducing Epic Medals!

You've got some powerful new friends here to help you!

Epic Medals are extra powerful and rare Medals that all start at 5★!
They can be strengthened to receive up to a Level 3 Special Attack Bonus, making them very heavy hitters!
(See below for details about Special Attack Bonuses.)
Here are the new Epic Medals being introduced!

Medal Details:
Medal Attribute Gauge Cost Target Special Attack

Black Coat King Mickey Power 3 All Deals a hit with no attributes.

Zack Power 2 All Inflicts more damage the lower your HP.

Aladdin Speed 2 All Inflicts more damage the lower your HP.

KH II Kairi Speed 3 Single Raises Speed-based strength by 2 tier for 1 turn.

KH CoM Black Coat Riku Magic 2 All Inflicts damage in exchange for defense.

Final Form Sora Magic 1 All Deals 4 hits. Inflicts damage in exchange for HP.

●Epic Medal Carnival

To celebrate the arrival of Epic Medals, we're offering a very special deal this week to help you get your hands on them!

Campaign Period: May 13, 2016 12:00 a.m. to May 19, 2016 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time)

This deal not only includes a guaranteed 5★ Epic Medal, but also has a higher chance of the other 9 Medals being Epic Medals as well!
In order to maximize the Special Attack Bonuses of these Medals, you'll want multiples of them, and this deal is just what you'll need to get them!

And if you're especially lucky, you'll get a Black Coat King Mickey that comes with a guaranteed Attack Boost II skill! Combined with a Special Attack Bonus, this skill will send the Heartless running!

Primus

All of the new medals are decent as they can be Guilted to 100%. Of the group, Mickey, Riku and Kairi are the better ones, especially KH II Kairi as she has the only Atk buff for Speed medals in NA KHUX so far. Riku hits hard but at the drawback of a big Def -3 debuff. Mickey's expensive at 3 gauges but the ability to ignore elemental types means it can be slotted almost anywhere. Zack and Aladdin's damage only gets good the lower your HP is, which limits their effectiveness a lot. Sora Final Form drains your own HP when you fire off his special, doesn't have all that great damage, but is a cheap 1 gauge AoE. They don't suck, but there's better.

These have all been added to the standard medal pool, so while you're guaranteed at least one from the current 3000 Jewel deal, don't feel like you have to go crazy right now. Especially since Namine or Roxas (SP) wasn't part of the update. I'm happy with the one pull I did.

Dandte

Well, i'm weak:

5* wisdom Sora
4* Blue Leon
4* Wakka
4* Goofy a
3* Vivi (5* has now 3 dots)
4* kh II riku (at least he is Speed)
4* speed yuffie
4* dr jumba
5*. Dr jumba
5*. Final Form Sora

4* old herc (Finally can replace simba)
4* yuna
3* vivi

Well, no gems for sephiroth or orga 13 but i had to pull for kairi.

RalchAC

My 10 pulls where

Wisdom Sora
Aladdin.
Diz.
Diz.
Red Leon
KH2 Sora A.
Payne
Tidus
Roxas' friend

I forgot the last one.

I'm happy about Red Leon, since it's the first single target Strength unit I've got. My results aren't all that great though.

Wanted to send you an invite but just realized our group is already full. But there should be another Gaffer Unicorn group here - i think we had at least two.
Thank you so much! I will find them.
Btw, roll daily deal and got BC Mickey with attack II. Is he good? I found his special attack underwhelming (only 1 hit with no attributes)

Top Bottom