• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

inner-G

Banned
I did the 3k draw and imninnover my head.

I have 3 Vivis and 2 KH II Rikus. I should level then to 6 before I do any fusion, right?

I'm also about to evolve a KH I Riku to 6 but idk if I can even use it yet, lol. I need to research more

Falk

that puzzling face
I did $15 on the first half-week and got my basic medals up to 90% of the power level they are right now. Think I'm good for a while, heh.

Zebei

I haven't spent a cent and I nearly have a full team of Power (pulled the DiZ I needed to finish it off today. Just need an evo) and a nearly full speed and magic team.

Ya'll need to have SOME grind left.

It's also way better or your wallet :p

RalchAC

I've spent nothing. I was going to get the weekly unlock once, but in the end I though I could do well enough without it.

My teams right now use this gacha units:

Magic: Auron, Vivi, Tinkerbell and Leon.
Speed: Vivi, KH2 Sora B.
Strength: DiZ, KH2 Cloud, Valor Form Sora and Red Leon.

I need to think which unit I drop for strength Leon.

First time I got a decent daily pull I guess. KH2 Kairi, Minnie and fucking Wakka.

Any experts here know if it's worth merging multiple Minnies or save to have multiple basic ones?

Also is it even worth it to upgrade damage boost and healing medals to 6*?

also

Banned
I did the 3k draw and imninnover my head.

I have 3 Vivis and 2 KH II Rikus. I should level then to 6 before I do any fusion, right?

I'm also about to evolve a KH I Riku to 6 but idk if I can even use it yet, lol. I need to research more
Do not wait until 6* for fusion or you will end up wasting a lot of exp and evo medals. You should start fusing at 3* if possible. Here's a chart for optimal fusion for the farmable medals.

Just keep in mind that the medals you fuse have to have the same number of *, that there's a maximum number of dots per level (3* 1 dot, 4* 2 dots...) and any extra dots are wasted, and that guilt ("the 6th dot") is only unlocked after you finish quest 200 so you shouldn't fuse for it before you complete that quest.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First time I got a decent daily pull I guess. KH2 Kairi, Minnie and fucking Wakka.

Any experts here know if it's worth merging multiple Minnies or save to have multiple basic ones?

I can't see any reason to have multiple Minnie medals.

As for 6* or not, it's really up to you and your space/cost options. 6* medals have better attack and defense, so if you can afford it, it's always worth it. If you need to decide between 5* or 6*, the answer is keep buffers and healers at 5.

Primus

Healing, AFAIK is a set amount regardless of rank or dots. So it's better to keep them at 5* at the moment so they don't balloon in cost.

The damage boost medals are also a flat amount, but seeing as how you're firing off their special every turn if possible, I find that 6*ing them is a good general DPS increase. My DiZ went from doing around 3k damage per swipe at max 5*, to over 5k damage at max 6*.

Psxphile

It's weird we're still calling that "6th" dot Guilt. The game never references it that way. It's just a holdover term from [chi] for a different power-up mechanic, isn't it? I suppose though in the future that could change, and it's revealed that we're slowly corrupting our medals in some way for the power boost.

Malyse

It's weird we're still calling that "6th" dot Guilt. The game never references it that way. It's just a holdover term from [chi] for a different power-up mechanic, isn't it? I suppose though in the future that could change, and it's revealed that we're slowly corrupting our medals in some way for the power boost.
Story reasons. I doubt they call something "the sins of the heartless" to no purpose.

Psxphile

Story reasons. I doubt they call something "the sins of the heartless" to no purpose.

They haven't actually called it that in this game though. They refer to it as "Special Attack Bonus". Whereas in [chi] I'm sure they've been calling it Guilt from the start and the system has a tie to gameplay and story beyond "got a Power Bangle from Chirithy".

WarAdept

I'm having some extreme difficulty getting this game to run properly on my phone. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and yet, the framerate drops during walking around manouevering across maps gets to most likely 8-15 fps, which is crazy, considering all the menu elements and effects all are a super fast 60fps.

Is anyone having this problem and has found out to rectify it? I've attempted to force 2D GPU rendering in the Developer options, but it doesn't seem to do anything in this game.

Does the game require you to be connected 24/7 like other gatcha games? I know the Global version is only released in the US currently, but I'm playing from Australia, if that is of any help?

I'm having some extreme difficulty getting this game to run properly on my phone. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and yet, the framerate drops during walking around manouevering across maps gets to most likely 8-15 fps, which is crazy, considering all the menu elements and effects all are a super fast 60fps.

Is anyone having this problem and has found out to rectify it? I've attempted to force 2D GPU rendering in the Developer options, but it doesn't seem to do anything in this game.

Does the game require you to be connected 24/7 like other gatcha games? I know the Global version is only released in the US currently, but I'm playing from Australia, if that is of any help?
I think that's just how the game is. Tried it on 3 different devices including a laptop using BlueStacks and the framerate drops are still there.

You can also wait to see what replaces the Zootopia boards but otherwise do the epic medal pull.

Epic medal pull. The NA Zootopia medals suck.

Epic medals and show us what you get. I want to live vicariously through your pulls.

The Zootopia medals are crap. If you're gonna spend, do the Epic 10-pull.

I was kind of interested in the costumes, but it may not be worth it if the medals aren't good.
Thanks, everyone.

EDIT: And here it is. Thoughts?
Screenshot_20160514-202953_zpseiuy6dzc.png

Malyse

They haven't actually called it that in this game though. They refer to it as "Special Attack Bonus". Whereas in [chi] I'm sure they've been calling it Guilt from the start and the system has a tie to gameplay and story beyond "got a Power Bangle from Chirithy".
Same symbol as [chi]

Pangya

I get low frame rates as well on my Nexus 6P. Maybe it has to do with running the game on the latest version of Android? When I run the game on Bluestacks on my desktop (i5-3570k processor), it's 60fps constant for the most part. I also have an iPad mini 2 that runs the game fine.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was kind of interested in the costumes, but it may not be worth it if the medals aren't good.
Thanks, everyone.

EDIT: And here it is. Thoughts?
Screenshot_20160514-202953_zpseiuy6dzc.png
I'll give it to you straight, you got a pretty horrible pull. Phil is okay and Aeris and Aladdin are good. Everything else is meh to bad.

Bah, I haven't been able to quit this one yet, the events made it a little more interesting.

I think I'll power through as much Story Quest as I can in the next couple of days and try the Epic pull.

Ilvocare

Can we fucking talk about the horrendous connection issues that've suddenly popped up? I was able to play this game perfectly fine yesterday, but now each transition to ANYTHING is taking like 3, 4 minutes to make, because SE's servers aren't responding to pings.

I literally just saw a Guard Armor spawn, and watched as every single second of my timer to fight him just vanished, because I was stuck in a loading screen and unable to start the fight.

I can't even farm the Zootopia event correctly, this is horseshit.

Finally cleared all Zootopia event boards.

Fuck you, Queen Bee.

Too bad I can't donate event coins, I have over 24k extra after getting all of the boards lol. Living that grinding lifestyle. Thousand times better than the previous event though.

Can we fucking talk about the horrendous connection issues that've suddenly popped up? I was able to play this game perfectly fine yesterday, but now each transition to ANYTHING is taking like 3, 4 minutes to make, because SE's servers aren't responding to pings.

I literally just saw a Guard Armor spawn, and watched as every single second of my timer to fight him just vanished, because I was stuck in a loading screen and unable to start the fight.

I can't even farm the Zootopia event correctly, this is horseshit.

Interesting, I haven't had any issues today (about 10 to noonish, with a couple of peeks here or there afterwards). I do have connection issues occasionally, but that's on my end. But they are having maintenance tomorrow, so maybe they'll clear up afterwards.

So I'm telling my friend that I'm hoping for at least a Black Coat Riku or Final Form Sora so I can buffer my magic team since it's so weak compared to my other teams, but I'll probably just end up getting an Aladdin.

rmTeMup.jpg

I'm pleased with my results.

xclk07

So I'm telling my friend that I'm hoping for at least a Black Coat Riku or Final Form Sora so I can buffer my magic team since it's so weak compared to my other teams, but I'll probably just end up getting an Aladdin.

rmTeMup.jpg

I'm pleased with my results.

Holy crap! That's maybe the highest quality pull I've seen posted. Unreal.

BTA

I hate that it took me till tonight to realize how easy it was to exploit this event. I went from 49 to 81 in about 2 hours, at least. Would have gone higher if I didn't keep dumping extra AP into special events to not waste it and hadn't lost some time when I misjudged that dumping (I didn't realize I could just use avatar board upgrades to get my AP back till after I'd already waited for some, too).

Rootbeer

Banned
Man these pulls lately... I hope they didn't adjust the pull rates? Cause people were getting some really great pulls in the first few weeks

and then I saw this one...

rmTeMup.jpg

Just FML.

Falk

that puzzling face
You CAN complain to their support on twitter.

Don't expect it to do anything.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gacha games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just did a 10 pull... holy shit those were some bad pulls. Guess the honeymoon phase is over - here I thought this would be one exception with a non horrible gacha system lol.

Will only get worse once they are adding more useless medals.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just did a 10 pull... holy shit those were some bad pulls. Guess the honeymoon phase is over - here I thought this would be one exception with a non horrible gacha system lol.

Will only get worse once they are adding more useless medals.
It actually gets better, there's only a handful of medals that are actually meh and no actual bad ones in the future, but I guess you could say meh medals will become bad once more awesome medals are released, but even then.

Top Bottom