• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Rootbeer

Banned
Did two 10x pulls and the only medals I got from the 6 added were two Final Form Soras.

Back to dailies!
I've done so many 10 medal pulls and daily pulls since launch, have never pulled a Limit Form or Master Form, both of which I want (mostly Limit)

I have already pulled 3 Final Forms.

Kain

Mmmm seeing as I have enough jewels for when an eventual OrgXIII event comes I pulled and I got Kairi's medal. I think that's one of the best of the lot, and I have a lot of good speed medals anyway, so it's cool.

Faiz

I got:
5* Zack
4* Mushu
3* Wisdom Form Sora
4* Kh2 Sora A
4* Kh2 Sora A
3* Limit Form Sora
4* Limit Form Sora
4* Wakka (ugh)
4* KH Riku
5* Final Form Sora

Nothing great, but not terrible either I guess. Really wanted Kairi and didn't expect to get Black Coat King Mickey anyway. Should have jewels for another daily in a few days but honestly I should start investing in some premium avatar boards for cost...

Tidd

Since people are always talking about the Organization XIII medals like we would get them in the next few weeks. I want to clarify something:
We won't get them in the near future if we have the same release schedule like Japan. (what we have more or less). So it should be at least 2months till we get the first batch of these (excluding Roxas, he should be in the next batch as a premium medal) and 3-4 months till we have every member. You have enough time to save jewels for that. xP

also

Banned
So I did a 10 pull.
gW6G02r.png

Power continues be my strongest element while speed cries over in a corner. At least I got some magic reinforcements.
BTW, how does health affect Cloud's multiplier? Is it % of your current health or the number of HP?

Faiz

I believe the heal is static (Cure = 25%, Cura = 50%, Curaga = 75%) and dots increase damage.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Guess I don't have to bother guilting Jiminy at least.

So I did a 10 pull.

Power continues be my strongest element while speed cries over in a corner. At least I got some magic reinforcements.
BTW, how does health affect Cloud's multiplier? Is it % of your current health or the number of HP?

All those KH clouds! Nice pull.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, that's what I figured. Guess I don't have to bother guilting Jiminy at least.

All those KH clouds! Nice pull.

The benefits of guilting healer and boost characters comes down to if you have the cost available to use them. A little extra damage and defense won't hurt, but that 46 base cost will.

E: I did a 10-pull and got Black Coat Mickey, Zack, and QUEEN MINNIE. <3 My life is complete.

Faiz

The benefits of guilting healer and boost characters comes down to if you have the cost available to use them. A little extra damage and defense won't hurt, but that 46 base cost will.

E: I did a 10-pull and got Black Coat Mickey, Zack, and QUEEN MINNIE. <3 My life is complete.

Nice pull!

Yeah that's kinda where I was sitting. I have Jiminy at 5* 3 dots and couldn't tell if the extra cost would be worth it. Certainly isn't for now, nor the foreseeable future. I'm barely able to get 3 6* on my power and speed blades, and shy several points before I can get another on my magic due to how I've distributed Cid medals so far.

Rootbeer

Banned
New pull

I'm really conflicted... I really don't need ANYTHING I pulled... except for the Mickey. So, I think it really made up for the rest.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nice pull!

Yeah that's kinda where I was sitting. I have Jiminy at 5* 3 dots and couldn't tell if the extra cost would be worth it. Certainly isn't for now, nor the foreseeable future. I'm barely able to get 3 6* on my power and speed blades, and shy several points before I can get another on my magic due to how I've distributed Cid medals so far.

Once we can get Cid medals a little easier, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. But for now, it's just not really worth it.

Also, did another 10-pull and got Kairi and Aladdin. Only missing the new Sora, but I can hold out for that.

Everyone should be saving for voiced Aqua anyways :/
That's what I'm doing as a F2Per! I didn't bother with Zootopia, but all my gems have been going towards boards after I got a few decent units (DiZ, Magic Leon, Magic Sora, Auron, Limit Sora, Goofy B, Tifa, Mushu). I only have two of the 1500 boards left. I'm gonna get those when I have built up an excess of gems, so that I can buy any limited time stuff that pop up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just in case you guys were not aware, multiple medals can get a skill level up during a mission. When I'm farming skill levels, I put all my medals onto Starlight and run 57 over and over and over. Not sure how the level ups are determined (equal chance per mission vs more chances based off of enemy count vs something else), but this has made skill level farming a little less painful.

also

Banned
Just in case you guys were not aware, multiple medals can get a skill level up during a mission. When I'm farming skill levels, I put all my medals onto Starlight and run 57 over and over and over. Not sure how the level ups are determined (equal chance per mission vs more chances based off of enemy count vs something else), but this has made skill level farming a little less painful.

Skills level up so s l o w l y. Does a skill have to activate for it to level up?

Kinsei

Banned
I decided to do my first ever 10 pull and this is what I got.

cWxCNmW.png

I wish I got Kairi but I really can't complain. Along with the CoM Black Coat Riku and my Attack Up II Black Coat Mickey that was my first Limit Form Sora Medal and my first KHII Black Coat Riku Medals.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Skills level up so s l o w l y. Does a skill have to activate for it to level up?

Nope. I get skillups all the time when I run my Beast egg farming team. Beast in slot 1 means nobody else gets to attack, but they still level.

So is the Wakka lux farm method still viable at level 200+? I hit 215 yesterday and it just takes SO much lux that I don't think it makes a difference to farm with Wakka anymore.

Rootbeer

Banned
I decided to do my first ever 10 pull and this is what I got.

cWxCNmW.png

I wish I got Kairi but I really can't complain. Along with the CoM Black Coat Riku and my Attack Up II Black Coat Mickey that was my first Limit Form Sora Medal and my first KHII Black Coat Riku Medals.

I'm pretty jealous, you got way better medals than me on the whole. I have done THREE 10 medal pulls in the last day... i got nothing I really wanted other than my black coat mickey. the others will help me add a few dots but other than that, still not the medals i was really after >.> feels bad.

Faiz

Nope. I get skillups all the time when I run my Beast egg farming team. Beast in slot 1 means nobody else gets to attack, but they still level.

So is the Wakka lux farm method still viable at level 200+? I hit 215 yesterday and it just takes SO much lux that I don't think it makes a difference to farm with Wakka anymore.

Yep, thinking the same thing. I'm only at like 204 I think and can see the time coming soon that I finally just combine my Wakkas to level and guilt.

also

Banned

I see, thanks.

I still use Wakka whenever I run quest 57 and don't need to recharge my keyblades. The difference might be small but it will add over time. Still, now I only farm Guard Armor when I'm close to levelling up and on Mondays due to the useless special.

Ilvocare

As someone with the intent to play 100% F2P and has 4k jewels who's been busy grinding up Specials for his non-free medals, should I just humor this and pull the 3k bundle? Or should I stick to the daily deal once every week or so? I'm kinda tempted but... the way the game seems to suggest pulling MULTIPLE 3k bundles to get the most out of this promotion is kinda... slimy, as usual.

Primus

As someone with the intent to play 100% F2P and has 4k jewels who's been busy grinding up Specials for his non-free medals, should I just humor this and pull the 3k bundle? Or should I stick to the daily deal once every week or so? I'm kinda tempted but... the way the game seems to suggest pulling MULTIPLE 3k bundles to get the most out of this promotion is kinda... slimy, as usual.

This is the first deal since NA launched that I'd say was required. CoM Riku is a cornerstone medal in JP even now. KH2 Kairi was one of the best Atk buffer medals in JP until very recently. BC Mickey is one of the best Colosseum medals. And the remainder aren't the best, but aren't slouches either.

I'd say do one pull, you've got a very good chance of getting medal(s) that'll be with you for the game's entire lifetime so far.

Faiz

This is the first deal since NA launched that I'd say was required. CoM Riku is a cornerstone medal in JP even now. KH2 Kairi was one of the best Atk buffer medals in JP until very recently. BC Mickey is one of the best Colosseum medals. And the remainder aren't the best, but aren't slouches either.

I'd say do one pull, you've got a very good chance of getting medal(s) that'll be with you for the game's entire lifetime so far.

I always get the booby prizes in these damn games, lol.

Kinsei

Banned

Pull it. Three of the six epic medals are amazing and the other three aren't bad either. Since you'll get one no matter what it's worth it to pull.

Kinsei

Banned
Will there be another way to earn Jewels in the future other than doing story missions and daily log-ins?

Japan has daily quests that give you jewels, so maybe? The thing is they get more jewels from the daily log-in than we do so we might not get those quests. I guess S-E thinks they can milk people in NA more than people in Japan.

Japan has daily quests that give you jewels, so maybe? The thing is they get more jewels from the daily log-in than we do so we might not get those quests. I guess S-E thinks they can milk people in NA more than people in Japan.

Were those available from the beginning for them?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
We got more from log ins like 2 or so months into the game though I think. They used to suck with the friend points gacha.

Ilvocare

Pull it. Three of the six epic medals are amazing and the other three aren't bad either. Since you'll get one no matter what it's worth it to pull.

Quoted so that I know who to attribute my pull to, good or ill.

-5* KH CoM BC Riku!
-5* Aladdin
-5* Valor Form Sora (with Attack All Boost I!!!)
-5* Vivi!!! (that finishes who I was missing, I had Diz and KH II Aerith)
-5* KH II Sora Ver. A
-4* KH Cloud
-4* KH II Leon Ver. B
-4* DiZ (this and Leon are rad, I can boost the SAs of the ones I have with a bit of effort)
-3* Simba
-3* KH Aerith

Well alright then.

JTran2003

Quoted so that I know who to attribute my pull to, good or ill.

-5* KH CoM BC Riku!
-5* Aladdin
-5* Valor Form Sora (with Attack All Boost I!!!)
-5* Vivi!!! (that finishes who I was missing, I had Diz and KH II Aerith)
-5* KH II Sora Ver. A
-4* KH Cloud
-4* KH II Leon Ver. B
-4* DiZ (this and Leon are rad, I can boost the SAs of the ones I have with a bit of effort)
-3* Simba
-3* KH Aerith

Well alright then.

Wow! That is a pretty awesome pull! Congrats!

Primus

Random question: how much money have people here spent on the game?

I've spent $45 so far on three one-week unlock + 3000 Jewel bundles. Haven't spent anything since the Zootopia event started as that's where all my time is going so the unlocks are useless. I might buy one more package, depends on what replaces the Zootopia event on Monday.

Rootbeer

Banned
More than I should be spending, but not that much.

Average around $15 per week so far. I think the unlocks in this game are too expensive for me to do it consistently for very long.

I wish the weekly unlock were cheaper, then I wouldn't have any issue spending on it. I don't feel entirely cheated however, as this game is not going to get the long term support it deserves if people aren't spending $$$. Someone has to do it!

Faiz

If they offered a monthly deal for extra daily jewels like some games have been doing for quite a while now I would probably do it in a heartbeat.

But so far I've spent nothing.

Malyse

Huh.

Latest JP update added missions that aren't in the browser version. Looks like we're finally getting that divergence.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Absolutely nothing and I haven't ever felt the need to. This game has the craziest amount of access for a F2P game I've ever seen. So much fun!

Psxphile

Not a drop, but I am becoming quite frustrated how quickly AP depletes once you're advanced enough. Trying to take advantage of the Zootopia event right now in order to finish off the final board but the fact that Queen Bee's level is in the 60s and takes over 5 rounds (at 5 AP a pop minus the free initial) + being so highly leveled that even with Double Lux you're not likely to get a level-up before your AP runs out makes it so I'm only a half-hour into the event with 30 AP left and over a 100,000 Lux needed for the next level.

It's rough. Hurts that I never seem to get an Omega when it would really count.

EDIT: also I reached lv. 210 but didn't get any avatar coins. I mean...really? It's not enough to make leveling a chore at this point, you're going to start witholding coins when I *do* level up?

Top Bottom