• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Under Fire Demo - Amazing

Its everything I want in a videogame. Its like myth but fun and dynasty warriors. Humans rock, vampire ladies are cool but man that general human hero guy can dish out the PAIN and shrug it off too.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Society said:
Just turn off the voices :p

YES!
Its like they went onto the street and asked random people if they would mind spending 5 mins doring voice acting. No experience needed!

jedimike

I think the voices are great. At least for the females (I didn't play the guy). The lip synching sucks though.

I enjoyed the fighting in the demo, but the strategy part was a little frustrating. Especially trying to select units from the mini-map.

SyNapSe

jedimike said:
I think the voices are great. At least for the females (I didn't play the guy). The lip synching sucks though.

I enjoyed the fighting in the demo, but the strategy part was a little frustrating. Especially trying to select units from the mini-map.

What mag is this demo in?

AeroGod

I honestly didnt know what the hell was going on when I played it a few weeks ago. I spent 10 miutes running my guys around a desert untill I found some enemies. :( I suck. Seemed like it might be pretty cool though.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yea I really dug this game demo myself. It's Rome: Total Bitchfest! Literally...your soldiers will make eerie comments on the battlefield about how cute and delicious your foes are and then just call each other stupid bitches. But it really does share a lot in common with Rome from what I played...aside from the way direct combat plays out and the extended narrative focus.

I wasn't really feeling the button mash stuff though. Lucretia maniacally ran about the field warp dashing every which way with each button press. Occasionnally she would do this special high jump ability that never seemed to connect with anything. Just became hard to really focus on combo mashing a group of grunts. It's likely I just haven't conditioned myself yet to the rhythm. Pretty game though.

Ototgi 2 is more of the same. I'll play it through eventually as I did the first. The dog samurai guy was pretty cool.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think i would've liked it better as a straight dynasty warriors clone. i'm sure the strategy gets more involved in the full game, but the rts stuff in the demo just made it feel disjointed. nice graphics, though. and gerald kicks ass.

gunstarhero

my demo was buggy as hell - sound/voices kept dropping out (for minutes) and the frame rate had some serious studdering going on. Are you guys talking about the OXM demo?

I didn't like the game as much as I thought I was going to - not on my "must buy" list any longer - though I'm sure the fact that something was wrong with my demo has a lot to do with it... unless my demo was fine and you guys have a lot more tolerance for that sort of sh*t (which I doubt being this is GAF :p ).

Not impressed - but I'll hold my judgement until I get to play it again (hopefully a cleaner version this time).

Takuan

Edit: Hurr teh tard m i.

Drinky: Yes, MS is publishing it in the US.
Shompola: Yes, they removed 4 player DM.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Takuan said:
I just wish they gave you access to more characters and they had room for growth, like in the Dynasty Warrior series. Being able to get better stats, weapons, armor, and accessories would have been great.

um, you can...

Seth C

op_ivy said:
um, you can...

I was confused about that statement myself. Maybe he's talking about the demo?

Anyway, the upgrading is mostly wasted due to the poor balance and the extremely short length of each character's quest.

Takuan

Rufflestiltskin. Do you get more attacks, too? Can you use the other officers? Clearly, I haven't done enough research.

Seth C said:
Anyway, the upgrading is mostly wasted due to the poor balance and the extremely short length of each character's quest.
That's disappointing to hear.

AeroGod said:
I honestly didnt know what the hell was going on when I played it a few weeks ago. I spent 10 miutes running my guys around a desert untill I found some enemies. :( I suck. Seemed like it might be pretty cool though.

Trust me it takes a monent to get the hang of the controls and the game seems like it's overwhelming...at first! Once you get the controls down the gameplay is seemless. Here's a hint, instead of moving the cursor/point on screen via the analog stick. Use the L trigger to blow up your map and move your icons there. I makes things a little more coherent. I love thisgame and have been patiently waiting it's release. Delay after delay. this is my 3rd most anticpated game for XBox right under Ghost Recon 2 and Halo 2. From what I've heard about the gameplay and mechanics from TrojanX, this game is to die for! Please dear lord let Oct 12 be the release date, I think I'll have a coronary if the game is delayed again! It's been over 2 years already!!!

Seth C

Korranator said:
ehhhhhh...

It was OK. I hope the full game has more depth.

It doesn't, which is the problem. The idea is fantastic, which is why I LOVED the game initially, but it just goes nowhere.

Korranator

Seth C said:
It doesn't, which is the problem. The idea is fantastic, which is why I LOVED the game initially, but it just goes nowhere.
That sucks...

The setups to the battles were fun, but then it ended with mindless button mashing which brought the game crashing down IMO.

Hotsuma

Justin said:
If they took out 4 player DM what multiplayer modes are there? Coop? 3-player DM?

I'd like to know more about multiplayer options, also. 1 on 1 with no options for co-op doesn't sound too good.

Top Bottom