• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

Socivol

I'm actually the northwest suburbs, McHenry(I literally am scraping the term Northwest Suburbs since its country side, but somehow we are still labeled the burbs XD)......you might be the other direction

Yeah I live in one of the high rises off of Lakeshore on the Far Northside. I literally live the as far East you can live before you are in the lake lol.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Does anyone know if people call into Alamo Drafthouse in Austin they would be willing to acquire and show Kingsglaive?

Koozek

They just confirmed the Castilian Spanish dub for the movie. Anyone knows if the German dub was announced too?

Whaaat, where? I'm learning Spanish for a while now for fun (and in university courses) and recently been watching a lot of shows and movies in Spanish on Netflix, so I might give it a try in FFXV, hehe.

Yes, German dub was announced months ago. So now it's Japanese, English, French, German and Spanish. Crazy.

You can hear German Regis here if you're interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghWp67-ims8

EDIT: LOL. Nevermind. Didn't realize I was in the Kingsglaive thread.

Ydelnae

Co8UksdWcAABirD.jpg

The movie will get a limited theater run in Germany too. No German dub seems weird, because Spain is getting a dub while the game isn't dubbed, while Germany is getting the game dubbed, but not the movie.

Koozek

Co8UksdWcAABirD.jpg

The movie will get a limited theater run in Germany too. No German dub seems weird, because Spain is getting a dub while the game isn't dubbed, while Germany is getting the game dubbed, but not the movie.
Hmm, I might go see it in Frankfurt.

Ketaya

Co8UksdWcAABirD.jpg

Amazon.de has the Blu-ray listed with German, English, Spanish and Russian voices.

Koozek

Seria fantastico si fuera doblada al español el juego y la pelicula ! Learn some Spanish Bruh

Sí, sí, eso seria muy bueno porque podría aprender aún más mientras estoy jugando. Si el Kingsglaive Blu-ray en Alemánia tiene el doblaje Español quizás veo la película una segunda vez con lo. Estoy más interesado en esto que el doblaje de la japonesa, para ser honesto.

Amazon.de has the Blu-ray listed with German, English, Spanish and Russian voices.
Ah, okay, dann hat sich meine obige Frage in Spanisch ja geklärt :D Werd's mir vielleicht mal mit der spanischen Synchro reinziehen beim zweiten Mal.

Setsu00

I am trying to convince some of my friends to watch the movie in Nuremberg. Why am I even doing this? 10 years of waiting have obviously made me snap.

Co8UksdWcAABirD.jpg

Not weird, since it's the "Fantasy Film Fest" we're talking about. Movies are usually shown in their original language there.
As for me, September 14th in Hamburg is frustratingly late late since the digital release will already be out by then. Seeing it as early as possible is the main incentive for me to go.

I can't wait for the digital release on the 30th. How much PSN usually charges for movie?

Sorry if this has been covered, but is the digital release going to be a purchase, rental, or both? I always get hyped and then bummed out when I check iTunes on Tuesdays, and half the new releases are purchase only, no option for a rental.

Sorry if this has been covered, but is the digital release going to be a purchase, rental, or both? I always get hyped and then bummed out when I check iTunes on Tuesdays, and half the new releases are purchase only, no option for a rental.

I think they didn't specified yet if it's rental only, purchase only or both.

exactly what I was thinking, but even thou... the FFXII-2 looks better .___.

Yeah I didn't mean the XIII-2 art was bad, I quite liked it. But it realllyyyy does not suit kingslaive and it makes Luna look very much like Serah lol!

Considering it's a film they could've been way more creative.

Jeez just get struzan to do all movie posters!

Has this been posted? Steelbook from Amazon FR:

91A8-z70ZKL._SL1500_.jpg

I must be the only one who likes this box art. The other ones do look better, mind you. But this one has an interesting style too.

The "floaty characters fighting in the middle of the air" thing screams Yoshitaka Amano.

xh3XEFi.jpg

xjWZfnqh.jpg

Sakaguchi originally wanted to name his series Fighting Fantasy.

Ran rp

I must be the only one who likes this box art. The other ones do look better, mind you. But this one has an interesting style too.

The "floaty characters fighting in the middle of the air" thing screams Yoshitaka Amano.

xh3XEFi.jpg

xjWZfnqh.jpg

Sakaguchi originally wanted to name his series Fighting Fantasy.

Amano's drawings work because they're well-composed, not because they feature "floaty characters fighting in the middle of the air".

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Did an unboxing of the Game/Kingsglaive/Brotherhood boxset. Talked about the bonus Luna episode of the Brotherhood bluray, so this is basically confirmation that it's not UCE exclusive, but on all the bluray releases for those who still doubted.

duckroll

Watching this on Thursday. Expecting a bad film, hoping for a fun film. After all, every movie with Final Fantasy in the title has been bad...

duckroll

still can't believe you didn't plan a trip up here

Why... would I? Any good Pokemon up North? :p

So what is the timeline like?

Kingsglaive>Brotherhood>XV

Or

Bortherhood>Kingsglaive>XV

Brotherhood -> Kingsglaive -> XV.

Kingsglaive takes place just before or during XV. Not sure which. Brotherhood is about each of your party members when they were kids.

Top Bottom