• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

artsi

So what is the timeline like?

Kingsglaive>Brotherhood>XV

Or

Bortherhood>Kingsglaive>XV

Brotherhood is childhood stuff, so it's first.

After that, Kingsglaive and then XV (they overlap a bit but Kingsglaive is supposed to be watched first).

HMD

After that, Kingsglaive and then XV (they overlap a bit but Kingsglaive is supposed to be watched first).

Brotherhood -> Kingsglaive -> XV.

Kingsglaive takes place just before or during XV. Not sure which. Brotherhood is about each of your party members when they were kids.

I'll suffer through the Anime first then.

Dark_castle

No, Brotherhood is present time consisting of various flashbacks of childhood period, but the main timeline is actually during the start of the roadtrip, whereas Kingsglaive is largely before the roadtrip began, I believe, so technically it's Kingsglaive first, then Brotherhood, and the game. Oh, and there's the sidescrolling King's Tale game, which tells the story of young Regis, thus making it the very first in the timeline.

Koozek

No, Brotherhood is present time consisting of various flashbacks of childhood period, but the main timeline is actually during the start of the roadtrip, whereas Kingsglaive is largely before the roadtrip began, I believe, so technically it's Kingsglaive first, then Brotherhood, and the game. Oh, and there's the sidescrolling King's Tale game, which tells the story of young Regis, thus making it the very first in the timeline.
Yeah, so it's basically:

A King's Tale -> Brotherhood -> Kingsglaive -> Brotherhood -> XV.

A King's Tale is a fictitious fairytale-like retelling of Regis' adventures that he tells kid Noctis, btw.

artsi

Well yeah, but all the meat is in the flashbacks. The short present day scenes haven't had any meaningful events so far.

SOLDIER

Any chance they're going to add more theaters before release?

It's absurd that Miami, FL isn't getting any showings. I really want to see this in the theater.

74Qh16Bl.jpg

Blu Ray anime cover

No plans for a western release.

duckroll

PSY・S;212850039 said:
Okay... so is that Luna episode going to be put up online?

Hey, unlike that Gamestop exclusive minigame, the Brotherhood blu-ray can actually be bought by anyone in the world because of the wonders of internet! That's a plus! Right????

Koozek

Hey, unlike that Gamestop exclusive minigame, the Brotherhood blu-ray can actually be bought by anyone in the world because of the wonders of internet! That's a plus! Right????

I'm sure A King's Tale will be on PSN/etc. somewhere down the line.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Awww booooo I liked the Complete Version quite a bit. At least the editing and pacing was much better with the added scenes.

Complete is certainly superior, but I still can't say I care for the movie. It does several things that really nag on me, chief among them being the resurrection of a certain character (arguably, characters).

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
You could always buy the 2 disc blu ray of kingsglaive for brotherhood.. But I believe it doesn't include the Luna ep.

The UCE Brotherhood bluray and vanilla Brotherhood bluray (japan only) both include the Luna episode. I highly doubt the Kingsglaive Deluxe edition Brotherhood bluray disc just cut it out for no reason. They're probably all the same disc even.

wmlk

"Graive" is no English word unless you mean "grave". Many Japanese saying "Graive" is only because of their accent.

That's what I meant. I misspelled it. wtf is wrong with me.

And yeah, that's why it's a play on words. King's grave makes total sense.

duckroll

I don't think it's intended to be a Japanese pun at all considering how the film seems to take pains to remove anything remotely "Japanese" about the setting and characters to make it look like a badass Hollywood fantasy action movie.

Ydelnae

Graive is also a type of Lebanese biscuits. Knowing Tabata's fascination with FFXV's food, I can see Regis naming his guard after his favorite type of evening biscuits.

Koozek

I think I'm an eternal student (I hate kanji) but yeah, I get by, lol.

It's kind of funny that I started studying back in 2009 so I could play FF XIII imported.

Queen Lightning so influential she makes people learn new languages 🙏🙏🙏

Ydelnae

Why does Nyx live in a place like that when the king is and the loyal family is surrounded by luxury? Don't they pay him good for protecting the king? I get that Nyx has to be relatable and grounded to earth but that detail doesn't make sense to me.

Infest

Yeah, so it's basically:

A King's Tale -> Brotherhood -> Kingsglaive -> Brotherhood -> XV.

A King's Tale is a fictitious fairytale-like retelling of Regis' adventures that he tells kid Noctis, btw.

With the exception of A King's Tale there's a lot of overlapping between the different storys so it's difficult to make an exact timeline.
However I'd recommend to watch Kingsglaive first and then play the game. Brotherhood and especially A King's Tale are not that important for the understanding of the story, so you can skip those if you want.

Will the anime be dubbed at all? I have not watched them yet waiting for the English version.

There are currently no plans for a dub.

Jeels

For those looking to own brotherhood, the physical US release of kings glaive has a version that includes it. Im sure it will have the Luna episode.

duckroll

Will the anime be dubbed at all? I have not watched them yet waiting for the English version.

No. They're not wasting money on that trash. Even the animation is cheap as hell. Lol. There's a reason why it's free streaming on Youtube rather than a more premium PPV option.

chozen

My buddies were talking about how Tales of gets an anime done by Ufotable, yet FFXV gets the DMC/Sword art online guys.

Then I was like, okay, but then we have probably the best looking CGI movie right now and the actual fucking game in comparison to Tales of which falls flat in the visuals/animations deparment comapred to FFXV

Setsu00

I don't think it's intended to be a Japanese pun at all considering how the film seems to take pains to remove anything remotely "Japanese" about the setting and characters to make it look like a badass Hollywood fantasy action movie.

There seems to be an izakaya in Insomnia that Nyx and his gang will visit, but yeah, Tokyo!Insomnia is dead.

Top Bottom