• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

Philippo

As was foretold in FFX: "Someday the dream will end"

My dreams ended a long time ago and crossed over in to reality, along with the game itself for that matter.

This reality was further cemented when by chance (for work reasons) I was placed in a hotel room in Shinjuku which faced the government building which is seen in the game. Here is a picture below that I took.

Whilst staying in that room I awoke at 2am and could not fall back to sleep. I decided to go for a walk, during at which time I took this photo which captured the Insomnia that we long for.

Whilst on this walk I came across a park. At this park I saw a lone person in the distance sitting on a bench, a vending machine at which I purchased some apple juice and finally 2 cats having a scrap. One of the cats kicked the crap out of the other and then chased all the way out of the park.

I think the lone person symbolized Nomura. The apple juice signified that the movie would be a refreshing change for Final Fantasy movies. Finally the cat fight was a sign that the movie will pull no punches. No more dilly dally shilly shally.

tumblr_inline_o25vu2riuv1r86vyz_500.gif

Btw is the palace easy to reach? I'll be there next month and would love to see it live.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

My dreams ended a long time ago and crossed over in to reality, along with the game itself for that matter.

This reality was further cemented when by chance (for work reasons) I was placed in a hotel room in Shinjuku which faced the government building which is seen in the game. Here is a picture below that I took.

Whilst staying in that room I awoke at 2am and could not fall back to sleep. I decided to go for a walk, during at which time I took this photo which captured the Insomnia that we long for.

Whilst on this walk I came across a park. At this park I saw a lone person in the distance sitting on a bench, a vending machine at which I purchased some apple juice and finally 2 cats having a scrap. One of the cats kicked the crap out of the other and then chased all the way out of the park.

I think the lone person symbolized Nomura. The apple juice signified that the movie would be a refreshing change for Final Fantasy movies. Finally the cat fight was a sign that the movie will pull no punches. No more dilly dally shilly shally.

Can't wait for Midgar: Final Fantasy VII, coming to theaters in 2017.

duckroll

If the film is decent would that give you a bit of hope for the game? Or you're treating both entities separate? Despite being one package in a way.

Shrug, if it's good, then it's good. I'm watching a movie, not preemptively reviewing FFXV!

I don't see how it is one package considering there are totally different characters, leads, writer, director, and composer. Lots of people who worked on Kingsglaive didn't work on the game, and it doesn't even have the same character designs!

wmlk

Can't wait for Midgar: Final Fantasy VII, coming to theaters in 2017.

The compromise of getting it all? Pay $200 for the total package in 6 years of $80 for FFXV + Kingsglaive in 4 years (if we're looking at it when Tabata took over).

Not even sure if I'm gonna get the first episode when it releases. I can wait for the entire thing for hopefully a cheaper price. Or maybe I'll just get that or won't get the rest, because after Midgar it's actually all downhill for FFVII. It's so good.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
No Chicago theater is really killing me. They added one in Peoria which is in the middle of nowhere >_<

I'm all the way the heck down in Mattoon right now. Our nearest 'big city' is Champaign which is like an hour away IIRC. I usually live in cities large enough to host this sort of an event. Me am sad. :C

I might try to trek to Peoria...

EDIT: Can you make it to Schaumburg? I don't know much about Chicago... never been there... but Wikipedia lists it as a suburb of Chicago, so hey, it's part of your metro area!

Ran rp

The compromise of getting it all? Pay $200 for the total package in 6 years of $80 for FFXV + Kingsglaive in 4 years (if we're looking at it when Tabata took over).

Not even sure if I'm gonna get the first episode when it releases. I can wait for the entire thing for hopefully a cheaper price. Or maybe I'll just get that or won't get the rest, because after Midgar it's actually all downhill for FFVII. It's so good.

Wait why is the Deluxe edition $10 more? $10 for the steelbook??

Go_Ly_Dow

tumblr_inline_o25vu2riuv1r86vyz_500.gif

Btw is the palace easy to reach? I'll be there next month and would love to see it live.

This buiding is some sort of government building in real life, however in the game they used it as a base for a palace. Dont expect a grand palace!

I would recommend going as there is a freely accessible observatory as the top which gives you a great view of city from many different angles. It is completely free and there are no waiting times. Many prefer it to sky tree or TT for this reason. It is about a 15 to 20 min walk from Shinjuku station so check it out!

Wow. You really can't make this shit up.

The interesting question: are these signs of divine FF XV related intervention in your life (Jesus in peanut butter jar style), or rather a product of deep but subtle psychological influences from a decade of absorbing FF XV related media and hype that have guided your passage through life, slowly but inexorably leading you to these very spots at just such a moment (Borges' garden of forking paths style).

Of course, this is really what I want to see in my peanut butter. JRPG gods, hear me, and bestow upon me a sign of your beneficence and continued cultural relevance!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
1 and a half more hours for me XD.

I actually bought a ticket last week but I don't feel like travelling to that location. So I bought another ticket today for a location that's very near by place....

Top Bottom