• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Thread: Everything for the future king

AsakuraZ

With the movie being aired this Friday in the US, have any local theaters started selling tickets? I have two locations nearby, but have still yet to see any times show up and I don't want to miss out on seeing it in theaters.

I posted this in the 12 min preview thread but Ill crosspost here: Looks like the Winchester Virginia Alamo is sold out already for Friday and Saturday. Sunday still available. I didn't think it would be that popular but I guess neither did they since there's only 1 showing per day.

I cracked up a bit when it says "twelve years pass..."

I enjoyed it enough though, taken for what it is. Some of the score was kinda crap.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I cracked up a bit when it says "twelve years pass..."

I enjoyed it enough though, taken for what it is. Some of the score was kinda crap.

I mean they dug up some no name Hollywood guy. Should have went all in on the Game of Thrones-ification and gotten Ramin Djawadi.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I have to say that their lips move kinda weird, but holy shit, this animation... It's the best thing ever

ViciousDS

Banned
I was excited about the Chicago one but it's still 45 mins away and not in the safest area....I'll still go though!

should have been regal north 14

I went there for the playstation E3 2014 experience when I was an MVP, and the neighborhood was definitely nice, they have a huge parking garage also for the theater. Also very easy to get in and out of the city from that location.

Socivol

should have been regal north 14

I went there for the playstation E3 2014 experience when I was an MVP, and the neighborhood was definitely nice, they have a huge parking garage also for the theater. Also very easy to get in and out of the city from that location.

That would've been nice but I'll take what I can get. The tickets for the Schaumburg showing are up it's at 10:20pm. Here is a link if anyone is interested: https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/chicago/amc-streets-of-woodfield-20

AMC Tickets seem to be up for TX. Both the Dallas and Arlington showings are for 9:40pm.

EDIT: Screw it, I don't have to wait for everything. I want to see Spirits Within 2.0 on the big screen. Bought.

Amon-Lau

RIP Boston.

At least New York is -reasonably- close for the diehards.

"reasonably"

whatever
I know the pain Falk... D:

Yeah after thinking about it it's not worth going there for it, as much as I wanted to it's just too costly for me just to watch it...
Will wait for the Digital release, such a shame...

duckroll

I mean they dug up some no name Hollywood guy. Should have went all in on the Game of Thrones-ification and gotten Ramin Djawadi.

JRJbJw2.jpg

chocoedd

Watched the movie as it premieres today in my country. I don't have any complaints about the story. Visually it's very impressive and the music is godly, but the action scenes are pretty hard for me to follow. Like Noctis, the characters use the teleport-sword ability and it's pretty hard to follow where they were in the scene. The camera also cuts and quick pans to add to the confusion.

Also the lips movement to me is not synced perfectly with the voice. Pretty apparent is some dialog scenes which is weird because I never noticed these in Advent Children.

People in my theater cheers and clapped in the scene after credits, I found it amusing because rarely in my country people clapped in the theater.

Overall it's a pretty good story to set up for the upcoming game.

I just watched the movie today in my local cinema.

I cannot say if the movie is good or not, but I see the movie as the story opening for the game. So if you want to play FF XV, you *must* watch the movie, so you can understand the big picture.

Can't wait until November.

Didn't realize the one Chicago-area theater I was hoping to see it at had redone itself as a "plush recliner" theater, only about 75 seats in the whole room lol. Gone by time I saw it was finally on sale (which must have been overnight? Still wasn't even listed on Fandango as of the time I left work yesterday).

There are some spots open on Sunday, but if I can't see it Friday or Saturday I think I might just wait for digital. The crowd is practically the only reason I'd go see this in theaters.

bunkitz

To my total surprise, as it turns out, the movie will be playing in select cinemas here. I did not expect it would come here at all, so this is just great. In fact, it premiered yesterday. Will watch it this weekend, most likely. Brother gets home too late from work for us to be able to watch it on the weekday, sadly.

Socivol

Didn't realize the one Chicago-area theater I was hoping to see it at had redone itself as a "plush recliner" theater, only about 75 seats in the whole room lol. Gone by time I saw it was finally on sale (which must have been overnight? Still wasn't even listed on Fandango as of the time I left work yesterday).

There are some spots open on Sunday, but if I can't see it Friday or Saturday I think I might just wait for digital. The crowd is practically the only reason I'd go see this in theaters.

There is a theater in the city that still has tickets. I was able to get one for Friday.

Looks like the AMC in Orange County CA is sold out Friday And Saturday. I kept checking and was somehow able to get 3 tickets via Fandango for Saturday despite it originally saying sold out. Wondering if they were hung up in an incomplete transaction and got freed up.

Oh well, got my tickets, I am happy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tickets finally went on sale for the Seattle show, but it turns out it's in a 21+ only theater, and I was planning on taking my son (17).

Guess I'll just wait for the Blu ray.

gatti-man

Fuck yes they are showing it at Alamo in Austin. I love you Alamo drafthouse. So fucking cool.

And it's sold out :(

And all the times next week are weird like 10pm on a Wednesday wtf.

If anyone's in the L.A. area (specifically around Beverly Hills) and wants to see this movie Friday night for free at the Laemmle, which is currently sold out, let me know. I bought two tickets for it but had to move to a later date and the tickets are non-refundable. Just PM me and I'll send you the e-tix

vareon

I enjoyed this. I don't know why but I think the theatre was too dark, sometimes I can't see anything but moving black things.

It's pretty much everything you expect it to be, a glorified FFXV intro FMV. I liked the simple politics enough and I found the world really great in blending today's technology and the more fantasy elements. One thing that might be weird for people is that it's edited like a video game cutscene, so there's a lot going on and fast.

Top Bottom