• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Mass Attack |OT| More Kirbys, More Power

Teknoman

So...why is Gamestop still charging $34.99 for the game, while every other store both online and brick&mortar is selling mass attack for $29.99?

Actually I think i've seen them do this for alot of Nintendo titles.

Gamestop have been doing that with pretty much every Nintendo Published DS game and MontionPlus for years now. I think the high 3DS game costs mean they can't do it on those as they're already a hard enough sell.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Just started on the game earlier this week after having gotten it for christmas. CC was the first DS game that justified my purchase of the system and as far as new releases are concerned this ones prolly a great sendoff for it! I'm still getting adjusted to the controls which are more demanding than I'd expected. The musics real nice and ten times the Kirbys means ten times the cuteness and silliness which I like alot!

Actually, you need all the rainbow medals to play the final world. The other medal don't matter (unless you want to unlock everything).

Ack! Glad I just bumped into this thread just now after finishing the first island. So there's a rainbow medal in every stage? Sheesh!

There's a LH mode, IIRC. I don't know exactly what it does.

It doesn't move the skip/continue buttons to the left hand side which makes it a big fail!

I just finished world 4 but I won't be completing the game. Finding all rainbow coins is ridiculous! After Super Princess Peach this is the second game that has this absurd 'find everything or you won't be able to continue' syndrome. Fuck that. I really loved the game but this ruins it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Got this for Christmas and have put a few hours into it (somewhere in the midst of world 2)... the game is oozing charm (I love the cacti enemies for instance) and has lovely graphics/animation... but the gameplay just isn't working for me. I've never been a fan of RTS type stuff or touchscreen stuff, so I find it hard to micromanage all the Kirbys at once. Gonna play it some more and hope it "clicks", it's worth playing through as of now just for the charm.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Most of the way through island 3 now. Collecting the rainbows hasn't really been a problem so far. Beating a boss then going back to get any I missed works for me. Most have taken a single re-try anyhow. What I do have issue with is bringing back lost Kirbys. Its very hit or miss even though it looks like I'm tapping 'em pretty square on.

Oxx

The grey, 'dead' Kirbys?

Don't you just have to flick another Kirby at it to rescue it?

You're further in than me anyway, so I may be way off base. I just started the second island.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The grey, 'dead' Kirbys?

Don't you just have to flick another Kirby at it to rescue it?

Oh you're right! I just checked the instruction book an that is how you bring 'em back. I musta misread the in game instructions. Thought you just had to tap them!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wheeee! Game beat! 10 hours an 71%!

4-2 (that vehicle level) was the worst! I just couldn't seem to do it right. Rainbow medal hunting wasn't bad at all. Game was cute an fun but not always easy! I'm thankful the last boss wasn't nearly as hard as the one from Canvas Curse! It beat me once but the second time I won and kept all 10 Kirbys! Very nice an long an satisfying game. I wonder what kinda experimental gameplay they'll throw Kirby into next?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've been playing the game off and on since September and I finally beat it. Great game, maybe my favorite Kirby 'spin off' title. I only have one level left to 'Perfect', the boss run level on World 4, and then I'll probably call it a wrap.

20 hours 53 minutes 16 seconds.

Apples - 5300
Bananas - 1608
Melons - 345
Maxim Tomatoes - 47

Kirby's Acquired - 90
KO'd Kirbys Saved - 235
Time Spent on the Star - 18 minutes 9 seconds
Total Score - 2,075,750
Kirby Flicks - 28,420
Enemies Defeated - 2,553

Medals Collected - 186/186

96%

edit: I didn't notice the thread was moved to community. No wonder it's so dead. ;_;

zigg

I didn't notice the thread was moved to community. No wonder it's so dead. ;_;
I care enough to keep it subscribed. :)

I have occasionally debated buying an English copy and going at it again. I feel so fiscally irresponsible considering it, though.

(plus the boxart on the Japanese copy I bought is so much better)

illadelph

Finally giving this game the attention it deserves. The first couple of levels seemed charming at first, but were easy and very slowly paced for the most part. I liked it, but was starting to feel turned off. I'm in the second world now and HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS AMAZING. I just beat the level with the hot air balloon....so fun and creative, HAL definitely knocked one out of the park with this game. The minigames are really awesome as well, I can see myself sinking a lot of time into those alone!

zigg

Had to come back to this thread because I got the Angry Kirby version today to replace the Japanese copy I originally played.

I've already gold-starred a few levels and I don't want to go to bed, but I have to work tomorrow. :lol

Been playing this game for the past few days, and while not perfect, the gameplay is fun and original and it looks sooooo good. I wish Nintendo would make more sprite-based games. I find this damn game prettier than most 3DS titles out there.

FoneBone

I've been loving this game, but the lack of any mid-level continue points makes some of the latter levels downright infuriating, to the point that it's sapping away my desire to actually finish it.

Top Bottom