• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe |OT| Sayo-nara Suck-aaaaaaa

Prophezz

Banned
Just saw the commercial for this. Damn it, why do the 3DS have to cost $30!? I will still probably pick it up since it's been a while since my last Kirby game.

Neo Child

Banned
it seems im in a minority here

but the amazing mirror is by far my favourite Kirby game. cool as shit maze like design and levels that arent just left to right.also enemies have their name displayed which is cool. also mobile phone gimmick and sweet 4 player co op.

I have to admit, I have never played a Kirby game in my entire life. I saw the trailer for this and now I'm intrigued enough to purchase this Day 1! Hope it doesn't disappoint!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

but the amazing mirror is by far my favourite Kirby game. cool as shit maze like design and levels that arent just left to right.also enemies have their name displayed which is cool. also mobile phone gimmick and sweet 4 player co op.

I'm on this boat. I really love the open world design, and the Nightmare in Dream Land/ Amazing MIrror/ Squeak Squad games had the perfect gameplay to me.

TheOGB

Banned

Amazing Mirror was a ton of fun.

Glad my suggestion for the OT title, actually became the OT title ^_^

I'm so stoked for May 2. This game + Mario Golf = 1-2 punch for the 3DS.

Rarutos

Oh wow, there's an Archer ability! That's so cool. I missed the Cupid ability since it hadn't shown up for a while. Can't wait to play it!

The game is great fun. Took me about 8 hours to clear, but I was never going after all the collectibles and never really delved into the other modes much. It looks good to me to; although I have no way of knowing for sure it felt like it was doing 60FPS with 3D on.

daydream

Banned
Looking at the list of returning abilities, I wondered when we got rid of 'Sleep'.

It's in this game, still. Phew!

I am going to guess that the JP box art for Triple Deluxe has Kirby in a happy mood on the front? The long-standing Kirby-must-have-an-angry-expression rule for Western releases appears to be holding true here.

edit: Oh, I guessed wrong! He's grumpy on the JP box too.

301465_front.jpg

Can someone photoshop him happy?

Velcro Fly

Used a wicked combo of Amazon credit and a free month of Amazon prime to get this and Golf for $45 cash and free 2 days shipping. These both have to hold me over until Smash...

Guru-Guru

Banned
If you are a Kirby fan, this game is probably worth picking up, judging by impressions from previous threads. If you are like me (first Kirby title), or have no particular attachment to the franchise, you might be turned off by the sheer amount of filler and repetitive content that such a short game contains. You will have to fight the same bosses over and over (specifically near the end of the game), the environments are heavily recycled, and you have to do the same gimmicky sequences multiple times (I.E. Using the gyro controls to control a cart on 10+ occasions, using a wrecking ball way too much, etc). I loved my first 2-3 hours with Triple Deluxe, but after that it is just the same stuff all over again. I did find the game charming, I will give it that. At the end of the day though it was a 5/10 for me.

Teknoman

Heres hoping for another awesome Kirby series final boss battle! Cant wait to see what insane cutsey demonic thing you fight.

Munin

Amazing Mirror was the only non-HAL traditional Kirby I ever liked. Squeak Squad was incredibly bad. And this looks kinda bland as well...

I think my favorites are Super Star, Amazing Mirror, Canvas Curse and Dreamland 2.

Zalman

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that The Amazing Mirror was a great game. It isn't my favorite, though.

Gonna definitely grab this day one, or maybe day three if I'm working that weekend hahaha.

I just wish they would bring back more of the obscure abilities - things like Missile, Cupid (Archer just isn't the saaaaaame), Animal, Bubble... it'd be nice to see them fleshed out with KSS-style movelists.

Top Bottom