• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe |OT| Sayo-nara Suck-aaaaaaa

Teknoman

Kinda looks close to Return to Dreamland to me (which was very fun). Actually im looking forward to the soundtrack more than anything. RtDl was outstanding.

Salsa

Your judgment is terrible.

I rather spend $30 on a game with lengthy multiplayer than $35 on a Kirby game that seems to rank among the others, which means fun but super easy and apparently 15 hours to 100%

I think it's solid reasoning. I'll grab it later.

pariah164

Damn, same day as Mario Golf. Kirby, you shall wait.
9JaOig1.gif

pariah164

I'm a little burned out on Kirby. He's had what, 8 games in the past decade? And if I'm not mistaken, this is the first Mario Golf sequel in the same amount of time.

And it's $5 cheaper. :D
I know, it's fine. I'm just giving you shit. :3 I will eventually get Mario Golf as well, but I've been waiting for Kirby on 3DS for what feels like ages.

I know, it's fine. I'm just giving you shit. :3 I will eventually get Mario Golf as well, but I've been waiting for Kirby on 3DS for what feels like ages.

Yeah, it looks pretty hype. Can't wait to play it down the road. Hopefully Nintendo opens the floodgates at E3 this year.

Kirby's actually 3 cents cheaper on Amazon. ;)

WHAT?!

Edit:

Damn you and your Amazonian knowledge.

:stares at Kirby:

MoxManiac

What happens to things that Kirby swallows?

Does he have a crazy metabolism that digests things almost instantly?

Perhaps his stomach is actually in an alternate dimension, so when he swallows something, it is instantly transported to the alternate dimension stomach for digestion.

daydream

Banned

Perhaps his stomach is actually in an alternate dimension, so when he swallows something, it is instantly transported to the alternate dimension stomach for digestion.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's in some way related to whatever incommensurable matter is hiding behind Shy Guy's mask.

Berordn

In the anime it was a pocket dimension, in the games it varies.

maxcriden

Gonna definitely grab this day one, or maybe day three if I'm working that weekend hahaha.

I just wish they would bring back more of the obscure abilities - things like Missile, Cupid (Archer just isn't the saaaaaame), Animal, Bubble... it'd be nice to see them fleshed out with KSS-style movelists.

That'd be great. In Squeak Squad the move sets were reasonably extensive, I thought, at least compared to the early Kirby games. Animal and Magician are my favorite. I actually got one of these:

41Lgv3df3ZL._AA160_.jpg

on Amazon, for my cat Eli. He loves it, especially when it's covered in catnip!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FMIU046/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's on sale right now for $13.08 and there are other versions as well.

Rich!

I'm a little burned out on Kirby. He's had what, 8 games in the past decade? And if I'm not mistaken, this is the first Mario Golf sequel in the same amount of time.

This is the first original Kirby platformer on a Nintendo handheld since Kirby and the Amazing Mirror on the GBA in 2004. You can't count Canvas Curse and such because they aren't traditional Kirby platformers.

As for Kirby platformers in general, in the last decade you've had two traditional Kirby games (Amazing Mirror, Return to Dreamland) one off-kilter platformer (Epic Yarn) and a port/remake (Super Star Ultra). Hardly a huge amount of games, really.

pariah164

This is the first original Kirby platformer on a Nintendo handheld since Kirby and the Amazing Mirror on the GBA in 2004. You can't count Canvas Curse and such because they aren't traditional Kirby platformers.

As for Kirby platformers in general, in the last decade you've had two traditional Kirby games (Amazing Mirror, Return to Dreamland) one off-kilter platformer (Epic Yarn) and a port/remake (Super Star Ultra). Hardly a huge amount of games, really.
What of Mass Attack?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

You forgot Squeak Squad (2006).

And the fact remains there have been zero Mario Golf titles compared to the veritable cornucopia of Kirby releases. Both will be awesome no doubt, but comparing the releases of the two franchises in the past ten years is like comparing apples to squids. One has received spin offs, remakes, a cartoon, the whole shebang. The other, not so much.

Still want both, though. :D

Velcro Fly

Honestly can't decide what to play first either. I suspect Kirby will be the kind of game I'll want to enjoy a little more so I might fool around and play a few stages before I dig in and play Mario Golf.

Anyone have any idea how many levels this has?

Looking forward to the game but the screenshots make me sad. I really, really hope Nintendo goes with a non garbage resolution for their next device as it really hurts the visuals of nearly every game on the system.

Zing

Banned
Looking forward to the game but the screenshots make me sad. I really, really hope Nintendo goes with a non garbage resolution for their next device as it really hurts the visuals of nearly every game on the system.
Every 3DS game looks like shit in screenshots and videos. I avoided the 3DS for so long due to this. I laughed at how poor A Link Between Worlds appeared in trailers.

Then I saw it for myself. It looks stunning. I don't know why 3DS looks like ass online, but amazing in person, but it does.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Originally I did, but Mario golf demo unsold me. Kirby forever :eek:

I was full-on Mario Golf and didn't give this game any thought. After the MG demo and watching some vid reviews of Kirby...fuck Mario Golf, this is the game to buy.

So looks like Amazon shipped my copy.

And it looks like they shipped it via FedEx SmartPost so I probably won't get it on Friday. :E

Top Bottom