• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe |OT| Sayo-nara Suck-aaaaaaa

Wow for some reason my Amazon order says out for delivery today. I don't think I ever had a game before release date before. Doubt I will be able to play much anyway, as I have a big final tomorrow.

Kriken

So uh, Amazon sent me Kirby Triple Deluxe today, I was genuinely surprised. A shame it's not for me and it's a gift, because I would love to play and beat it before it even should come out lol

So uh, Amazon sent me Kirby Triple Deluxe today, I was genuinely surprised. A shame it's not for me and it's a gift, because I would love to play and beat it before it even should come out lol

Lucky!

This is what Amazon is telling me:

DELIVERY ESTIMATE We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

The game comes out tomorrow dammit. All that needs to be said it that it will ship tomorrow and arrive at my house Mon-Wed.

OmegaFax

Got mine from Amazon about an hour ago. Played through the first three levels and so far I'm impressed. This game is gorgeous. Vivid, detailed, and runs very smooth. The 3D effect is very subtle, not strong, even when the slider is turned up all the way. Just compliments the scenery. The layers are between the foreground and background are obvious. The way the enemies attack remind me of Klonoa (Namco, port those over to the 3DS, why don't you?).

The gyroscope actions are very subtle and don't feel as forced as Yoshi's New Island segments. Very cohesive, part of the level, and seem to be completely new or add to the inventions of past Kirby games. Like, using Flame Kirby to ignite the fuse for the cannon. It has a gyro element where you need to keep a block properly aligned in certain segments of the rope so it can make it to the cannon.

Despite the mean looking Kirby on the cover, it looks and sounds inviting. It put me in a good mood.

Edit: The controls are very comfortable. Was contemplating keeping my Circle Pad Pro on while playing it (still might). The game doesn't demand the trigger buttons (except for blocking and air blocking). Touch screen use looks very minimal and optional as well. I use my left hand with the d-pad and use the right shoulder comfortably. The analog pad can be used, too, though there's no analog movement.

Namikaze

Wow for some reason my Amazon order says out for delivery today. I don't think I ever had a game before release date before. Doubt I will be able to play much anyway, as I have a big final tomorrow.

Yeah, my copy is coming today too. I have a final tomorrow and finals during next week so it's probably just gonna sit on the shelf for awhile. Amazon rarely ever gets me packages before their release date, lol.

Platy

Damn this game is already out ?

For some reason i was like "yeah this game is like 1 week before mario kart" o_O

pariah164

Just got my call from GameStop!

jonah-hill-mars-volta.gif

Tomorrow morning can't come fast enough.

Rootbeer

Banned
Got my copy from amazon too... Despite living in CA and in an area where amazon offers Same Day Shipping I have never received a game before release day before... until now!

Just tried to enter the club nintendo code and I can't! Says the game is not yet released. How's that for early!

jelani435

Got my copy from amazon too... Despite living in CA and in an area where amazon offers Same Day Shipping I have never received a game before release day before... until now!

Just tried to enter the club nintendo code and I can't! Says the game is not yet released. How's that for early!

Congrats!

Velcro Fly

Should be getting my copy tomorrow. Don't fail me now Amazon after you tell me I get release date delivery

edit: Worthless Amazon can't even get it to me on release date. Now my estimated delivery date is Saturday. Why even email me and say release date delivery and then ship it Thursday afternoon to get here by Friday? What a huge fail.

maxcriden

Should be getting my copy tomorrow. Don't fail me now Amazon after you tell me I get release date delivery

edit: Worthless Amazon can't even get it to me on release date. Now my estimated delivery date is Saturday. Why even email me and say release date delivery and then ship it Thursday afternoon to get here by Friday? What a huge fail.

I always say this whenever these kinds of complaints happen but: contact Amazon. They'll find some way to make it right. I don't mean they'll be able to get your copy tomorrow at this point, but they'll probably find some other way to make it up to you.

todd360

I'm about to go to walmart and see if I can get it.
I don't feel like waking up to get it before class tomorrow lol

maxcriden

Sleep more

or

More sleep?

> BOTH

150px-KSS_Sleep.png

Sometimes I get Sleep on purpose just 'cause it's so darn cute.

--

Anyway,

I was wondering if I could trouble any of you to exercise your Photoshop skills for me. I usually have a basic Nabbit avatar:

http://www.negativeworld.org/images/content/317/new-super-mario-bros-u_02-300x300.png

Like that one, but amended for various events.

I was wondering if any ofyou could take a basic Kirby and give him Nabbit's handkerchief and ears or somethin' so it looks like Kirby absorbed him? If it's too much to ask, I totally understand. I just have no photo editor or related skills.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

So does this game use streetpass? I haven't gotten the new puzzle yet.

Heading out right now to get it. I thought why not something new instead of some older game.

zroid

Banned
I have just really been craving some good, clean fun lately. So happy to get my mitts on this finally.

Rather appropriately, I traded my copy of The Last of Us to get it free from EB Games.

Camjo-Z

I'm finding Kirby Fighters to be more fun than the main game, surprisingly! The main game is still really fun too though.

I have two humongous seminar papers due at the end of next week but I'm already carving out some time for tomorrow so I can dig into this game.

Kirby is one of the few series that I genuinely have fun playing.

Ibuki

Banned
Have to wait until about 6 hours from now to play. The terrible thing is I work at a game store so I have to look at this and Mario Golf all day.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So does this game use streetpass? I haven't gotten the new puzzle yet.

Heading out right now to get it. I thought why not something new instead of some older game.

It does have a street pass feature. As far as I know, it seems to affect the items waddle doo can give you (random ones placed in certain levels).

Loving this game, really does remind me of Return to dreamland, which is fantastic. Have not yet played any of the other modes yet.

It does have a street pass feature. As far as I know, it seems to affect the items waddle doo can give you (random ones placed in certain levels).

Loving this game, really does remind me of Return to dreamland, which is fantastic. Have not yet played any of the other modes yet.

I started playing too. Streetpasses give you keychains too I think,

maxcriden

Got my copy, still sitting sealed on the kitchen table. I told my wife she could play it first (I should get a chance to try it out later or tomorrow though) and I don't want to open it without her. :)

Top Bottom