• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme to offer Stay Puft Marshmallow donuts for Ghostbusters 30th anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Krispy Kreme Offers New Stay Puft Marshmallow Donuts

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Ghostbusters movie, Krispy Kreme has teamed up with Sony Pictures to offer two new Ghostbusters-themed donuts including the Stay Puft Marshmallow Donut, named after the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. The donuts' arrival coincides with the release of a 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release of the movie.

The two new donuts are the Ghostbusters Donut and the previously mentioned Stay Puft Marshmallow Donut.

The Ghostbusters Donut features a marshmallow Kreme-filled shell donut topped with white icing, a green "splat" inspired by Slimer (the iconic ghost from the movie) and a Ghostbusters logo sugar piece.

The Stay Puft Marshmallow Donut is also a marshmallow Kreme-filled shell donut topped with white icing, but instead of the "splat" and logo, it's decorated with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man's face and a sugar piece hat.

Both donuts are available starting September 29 through October 31, 2014 at participating Krispy Kreme U.S. and Canada locations, while supplies last.
But if you're holding some sort of huge Ghostbusters-theme event you can pre-order them at participating locations in lots of five dozen or more donuts.

YYJ8Yia.jpg

HiResDes

How many grams of sugar we talking in one of these bad boys?...That's the real question on everyone's mind. Oh and how many can I eat before I get diabetes?

TxdoHawk

What's wrong with jelly-filled donuts? They're the best

I love jelly donuts, but when Krispy Kremes are already smothered in sugar on the outside it's a bit much.

Generally I just get a few original glazed and warm them up in the microwave.

shira

So does someone at these locations have to decorate all these? That would be a pain.

No, the ghostbusters logo, slime and the staypuff hat are candy. All they are doing is the frosted coating and the staypuff eyes/mouth.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Not crazy about creme filled donuts, I did get to see GB1 on the big screen last Thursday, which was amazing. Also the lego ecto-1 came right before I was leaving to the theater, came back to watch GB2 and start putting it together.

I might have to swing by and pick one stay puft and 5 og glazed tomorrow.

NekoFever

I thought Stay Puft was an actual American marshmallow brand when I was a kid. This makes up for the disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom