• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krispy Kreme to offer Stay Puft Marshmallow donuts for Ghostbusters 30th anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
2147483751_20140930362840.jpg

Best company ever.

I got these yesterday. They're good, but I'd prefer the donut without the marshmallow creme. This is good because I was worried I'd be craving them for years long after they stop making them, not a concern now. If you take the Stay Puft hat off, you can see that the donut shape/mold that they use to make it as actually a pumpkin.

When americans say jelly filled, it's the same as saying strawberry/raspberry jam filled right?

For some reason I've always thought it meant the doughnuts were literally filled with jelly.

shira

When americans say jelly filled, it's the same as saying strawberry/raspberry jam filled right?

For some reason I've always thought it meant the doughnuts were literally filled with jelly.

I don't think they can legally use the term "jam" or "jelly" since it's just HFCS with artificial color/sweetners

tpT4d3u.png

Notice how it's "jam-packed"

drspeedy

The closest Krispy Kreme is in Grand Rapids, MI :(

Fly, you fool!

Great. Now when do I get my Ecto-cooler?

Ecto-cooler-box.jpg

Dude, I would absolutely buy that. If Ghostbusters donuts are selling out already, imagine the fever pitch for Ecto Cooler. I'd buy a 50 gallon drum, we all know Hi-C doesn't go bad.

I don't think they can legally use the term "jam" or "jelly" since it's just HFCS with artificial color/sweetners

tpT4d3u.png

Notice how it's "jam-packed"

You don't want to tangle with the CFR. It's best left as "filling!"

Effect

Nice. I wish I had one close by. The nearest is in Scranton, PA and not about to make that drive for some donuts.

Chairhome

1168795_548088415292053_1087808213_n.jpg

My wife picked these up for me so I can have some tomorrow morning. Might try it out tonight. But I'm afraid the sugar won't let me sleep :p

Yup. Haha.

I kinda don't like it? Too sugary. I can only eat one per snack session, which is probably a good thing

yeah, I bought 6 and had to eat 5, my wife ate the other 1. they're not bad but I'd prefer them without the marshmallow filling; it pushed it just a little over the top. the filling was also prone to running, so it'd drip down my hand and there was 1 occasion where it got around my face and must've looked really bad, lol

Went to buy some and they had sold out of the final batch of Stay Puft almost instantly.
So got a single Ghostbusters logo doughnut and the Ghostbusters tub of doughnut holes(not bad at $5 imo)

Ghostbusters doughnut was actually great until the last bite which was a huge glob of cold marshmallow cream.
Would have been much better warm but sill really good.

Replicant

The icing itself would have ridiculous amount of sugars. Brr, I'm shivering just thinking about it. Then you add the jelly and it's just.....

If you do eat these things, take off the candy logo on top. It kills the entire vibe of the donut. Just pure sugar.

Otherwise, these are amazing. I tried one for the first time yesterday - so good.

muteki

Had a few of these last week. I thought the GB logo and StayPuft had were like soft, gummi candies and instead they were crunchy hard blocks of sugar, which was a bit disappointing.

The marshmallow filling however was amazing. So much better than regular creme filling.

tw1164

It's too bad the closest KK is 90 mins away. I just watched Ghostbusters with my kids for the first time. They're 7/6 years old. They both loved the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom