• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light |OT| - Play This GOTY Contender

FrankT

Cels said:
Hey Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, Square-Enix, et. al., get your shit together. Patch in online co-op and fix the glitches that enable cheesing of leaderboards. Xbox players have been waiting SIX WEEKS for online co-op, and now the patch has been delayed again with no definite release date.

Yea a little confused here as there has been no mention of said delay. What is the word CD?

Alex

Is it just the 360 waiting on the co-op? Or did the PC version come out without it too? Thinking of getting it on Steam.

burgerdog

Alex said:
Is it just the 360 waiting on the co-op? Or did the PC version come out without it too? Thinking of getting it on Steam.

360 was supposed to get it on the 28th, two days ago. 28th came along and there was no patch and Eidos hasn't said a word about it. PS3/PC were supposed to ship with coop enabled on the 28th, a few days before the release they announced that it would come later, date not specified.

Amir0x

Banned
yeah the radio silence on this patch is pretty irritating.

i mean, i love this game to death, but this needs to be dealt with. Enthusiasm is dying for certain people

Vorg

Banned
Amir0x said:
yeah the radio silence on this patch is pretty irritating.

Well, this was in their twitter as a response to someone on the 28th.

"Online co-op for 360 isn't coming today I'm afraid. It's not long to go though, we'll give you more info as soon as possible."

It still tells us nothing, though. :|

Amir0x

Banned
which could mean tomorrow or a hundred days from now

really, i'm not sure precisely why this online co-op is even so difficult to add. far be it from me to say I completely comprehend the intricacies of implementing this online functionality, but it seems like it shouldn't be this freaking difficult

ArjanN

bluehat9 said:
Is this game worth it for the single player? Tried and liked the demo, but doubt I'll be playing co-op too much.

Yes.

Amir0x said:

really, i'm not sure precisely why this online co-op is even so difficult to add. far be it from me to say I completely comprehend the intricacies of implementing this online functionality, but it seems like it shouldn't be this freaking difficult

I'm sure it's actually pretty hard.

FrankT

acidspunk said:
Well, this was in their twitter as a response to someone on the 28th.

"Online co-op for 360 isn't coming today I'm afraid. It's not long to go though, we'll give you more info as soon as possible."

It still tells us nothing, though. :|

Well I suppose that is something.

unomas

Banned
Bought this game weeks ago andhave been waiting for the online co-op, seems rediculous that it isn't available yet, I'm not playing through until it is.

derFeef

Amir0x said:

CD never made online stuff so it´s better they take their time and it´s going to work well. That said, I wanted it in day 1 as me and some friends are really enjoying it.

Booshka

Played through the whole game (Xbox 360) Local Co Op and Single Player, had a fantastic time. I know which part Amir0x is talking about in Co op with the Raptors and Lava and Co Op dependency; it was amazing. :D

I've been going through levels trying to get high scores in single player. I pretty much restart if I lose my Relic meter, so it can get annoying, but it's a fun challenge. I'm currently 161st on the Leaderboard for Overall score in Single player. If the Online Co op ever gets patched, I'd love to play it with some GAFers.

My GT is Booshka.

Negator

I just beat the demo. I'm genuinely surprised how good this game is.

Looks like I'll be buying this and Scott Pilgrim tomorrow...

bluehat9

Does this game have trophies on PS3? Game doesn't even show up in my trophy list. And do I need to do something special to get my stats to save to the leaderboards (is it a separate mode or something?)

Lyonaz

bluehat9 said:
Does this game have trophies on PS3? Game doesn't even show up in my trophy list. And do I need to do something special to get my stats to save to the leaderboards (is it a separate mode or something?)

Yes it does have trophies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
bluehat9 said:
There seems to be some sort of trophy bug in the game.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1502634

You need to be online to upload stats on the 360 version, I assume the PS3 version is the same.

derFeef

Funny bug in the last level.
The huge floor area where the spikes come out.
Evertime I respawn, I get killed :lol

ArjanN

derFeef said:

I had the same bug, it stopped after 4 or 5 times though.

Cels said:
Over 6 weeks hard?

Yes.

Especially if you consider multiple formats, them being new to multiplayer development etc..

Oh, and it seems some people looking through the game files have found out about some of the DLC characters. But on the offical TR forum developers requested people to not mention who.

So I'll just say I'm looking forward to playing as them :) and leave it at that.

Jubbly

ArjanN said:
Oh, and it seems some people looking through the game files have found out about some of the DLC characters. But on the offical TR forum developers requested people to not mention who.

So I'll just say I'm looking forward to playing as them :) and leave it at that.

Spoiler text it please.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
derFeef said:
I had that too and it would load the checkpoint before I could get to the menu. It was pissing me off and then I finally managed to get out of the death loop.

En-ou

Dartastic said:
Loving this. Any word on when online coop is actually getting patched in?
same room coop is the best, i got my ps3 controllers working on my PC and i'm having a blast playing this with my friends/family. runs so nice at 1080p from my PC to my 40" samsung!

Blizzard

Banned
I had been liking the controls, but twice now I've seen something annoying. First in the swamp, and now at the start of the next area, Lara goes into a weird mode where she won't fire or throw spears on mouse click. If I hit tab, it toggles fire-mode, but she won't stop holding the spear like she is going to throw it. If I hit tab a couple of times, she goes into a weird glitched animation, and rolling gets me back to the normal running animation. The upshot is it makes it very annoying to try to navigate levels and kill enemies since you can't just hold down the mouse button to fire. It went away after part of the swamp level but then came back later. Is this a glitch, or just something that happens in certain levels?

Also, one bridge part with pillars was rather annoying since it respawns you right as the cutscene-ish part plays, and then you have to try to figure out when the cutscene ends and you can start moving.

I like the number of weapons in the game though!

Beowulf28

Just got this for the PS3 and am really loving it, I just wish they would patch online coop in my little brother sucks ass at this game :lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm having a lot of fun with this game playing coop on the PS3.

I can already see how infuriating it'll be to do those "collect 6 balls" missions within the time limit, though.

Is it possible to complete the
fire puzzle in the first level in less than 30 sec
in single-player or am I just missing something?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheBrain76 said:
Is it possible to complete the
fire puzzle in the first level in less than 30 sec
in single-player or am I just missing something?

Yes.

It's right then left. Be quick.

Cels

ArjanN said:
Especially if you consider multiple formats.

I'm talking about the Xbox version which they supposedly were working on to get ready for Sept 28, ever since the game released Aug 18. There was no such definite commitment to get online out for PS3/PC because I assume they were working on getting the Xbox version out first. For all we know Crystal Dynamics may not have worked at all on the PS3/PC online feature, because the Xbox online isn't even done yet. At this rate we'll see the last DLC released by 2012 :lol

Bottom line: the game has been incomplete for six weeks, actually closer to seven weeks than six weeks now. Get your shit together Crystal Dynamics.

Daigoro

Cels said:
I'm talking about the Xbox version which they supposedly were working on to get ready for Sept 28, ever since the game released Aug 18. There was no such definite commitment to get online out for PS3/PC because I assume they were working on getting the Xbox version out first. For all we know Crystal Dynamics may not have worked at all on the PS3/PC online feature, because the Xbox online isn't even done yet. At this rate we'll see the last DLC released by 2012 :lol

Bottom line: the game has been incomplete for six weeks, actually closer to seven weeks than six weeks now. Get your shit together Crystal Dynamics.
agreed. This is getting silly now.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
You have to use an item to help save time.
Bombs

You don't need to do that. You
roll the boulder to the right most switch. Run with the fire to the left-most pull-switch. It'll (the trap) change direction. Run with the fire back to the boulder, quickly push it to the top switch. Follow the fire to the right most switch and pull it.

You shouldn't need those for this. At least I didn't once you learned to avoid the trap.

Crossing the River without Touching the Water
- Future level spoiler, don't highlight until you beat level 2, is the one that is doing my head in. Can't figure out how you're supposed to do that solo or co-op as
the river is too wide for the bridge ends and there is no grapple points. Pushing boulders into the river and jumping on them (holy breaking bones hazard, Lara Croft!) doesn't work either.

Cels

TheSeks said:
- Future level spoiler, don't highlight until you beat level 2, is the one that is doing my head in. Can't figure out how you're supposed to do that solo or co-op as
the river is too wide for the bridge ends and there is no grapple points. Pushing boulders into the river and jumping on them (holy breaking bones hazard, Lara Croft!) doesn't work either.

On the right side of the river, kind of close to where the red skull was hidden in the waterfall, there are a few square gray stone platforms you can use to jump across.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TheSeks said:
You don't need to do that. You
roll the boulder to the right most switch. Run with the fire to the left-most pull-switch. It'll (the trap) change direction. Run with the fire back to the boulder, quickly push it to the top switch. Follow the fire to the right most switch and pull it.

You shouldn't need those for this. At least I didn't once you learned to avoid the trap.

Follow the
river
north. You'll find some platforms you can jump on to
avoid touching the water.

Just finished it. I had the trohpy bug, so no trophies but I didn't care, the game was too awesome.
Definitely my "secret tip" or "Arkham Asylum" of the year!

And the lenght and replay value of the game are also very very good, especially for 13€.

Played through the game with a friend, local co-op on PS3. I had previously played about 4 levels in single player, and was amazed to see that some puzzles (and environment traps) change when in co-op mode, awesome.

I was a blast figuring out some of the puzzles. Nothing on the scale of (say) Trine, but I was stumped as hell when facing (second-to-last level co-op spoiler)
the one where Lara needs to throw the rope, have Totec stand on the rope and then rotate around the fiery pit so that Totec can stand on a platform and release a ball

It took us about 5 hours total (a bit short, though I think the game is high on replay value), we didn't rush through it (it took us almost one hour to clear one level because we were stuck in a puzzle), and had a lot of fun. It's definitely recommended.

I'm kind of wondering if the online co-op will allow users to wander off different parts of the map. That could potentially introduce issues, I think. I'm not sure the game is properly designed around that (and it could be one of the reasons why the patch is taking so long), mostly because of respawning enemies and loading areas and whatnot.

Anyway, I want to finish my solo run, I suck terribly at trying to do the timed challenges (solving puzzles in X amount of time, playing through an area in Y amount of time), so I'm not sure if I'll try to do those, but I'm definitly playing through this game at least two more times before the online patch comes out.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just started playing this co-op only with a friend of mine

In a sentence...

One of the best gaming experiences of my life.

I am up to the Swamp and everything before has been awesome. Best $15 ever. I would buy a million of these.

TheSeks

Killthee said:
Follow the
river
north. You'll find some platforms you can jump on to
avoid touching the water.

OMG, I can't believe I didn't notice that solution when near the red skull. Ack, thanks.

bluemax

Banned
Amir0x said:

You'd be pretty surprised.

Fox1304

Just played the two first levels.
Loved the first, the second ... Not as much.
Too much gunfight, not enough puzzled.
The first was perfect though, really loved it !
Hope the next levels will be more balanced than the 2nd.

Mr_Zombie

The third level is amazing (especially in co-op). The same goes for fifth. There's still lots of gunfight, but there are also lots of fun puzzles and platforms to jump.

Top Bottom