• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light |OT| - Play This GOTY Contender

I tried in the other thread without success:

Would someone be so kind to list the top times on the multiplayer leaderboards of the 360 version? At least level 1-6, although all of them would be even better. The PS3 version sadly has no competition, and I'd like to know what's out there to beat. :)

roxya

I just got around to trying out the demo. Wasn't expecting much.

Holy crap. Really, really good. Really surprised. :)

Booshka

YianGaruga said:
I tried in the other thread without success:

Would someone be so kind to list the top times on the multiplayer leaderboards of the 360 version? At least level 1-6, although all of them would be even better. The PS3 version sadly has no competition, and I'd like to know what's out there to beat. :)

Mulitplayer Speed Run Times (By Level)

1. 01:39.628

2. 01:30.018

3. 02:36.223

4. 00:06.474

5. 05:46.335

6. 01:39.822

7. 03:02.872

8. 01:25.246

9. 03:57.426

10. 03:54.302

11. 00:16.850

12. 08:25.666

13. 03:52.417

14. 05:03.043

These are all the First place times btw.

Well, I finally downloaded this tonight on the recommendation of this thread, and I've got to admit I'm pleasantly surprised... I've only had time to play the first level, but it was a great run from start to finish, and promises much for the rest of the game. I'm very glad I grabbed it! Thanks GAF!

Lumine

Hey guys I need a little help here. Trying to set 2 controllers right on PC version for some co-op play, but it's a little hard to tell what to set each button as in-game and I can't find much through google. Besides I'd like to play with the controller layout that the developers made/intended to be used for the game.

So anyone mind posting the controller layout of the PSN version (probably same layout as x360 version)? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks. :)

Jubbly

Lumine said:
Hey guys I need a little help here. Trying to set 2 controllers right on PC version for some co-op play, but it's a little hard to tell what to set each button as in-game and I can't find much through google. Besides I'd like to play with the controller layout that the developers made/intended to be used for the game.

So anyone mind posting the controller layout of the PSN version (probably same layout as x360 version)? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks. :)

You're plugging in two X360 controllers? They'll both share the same control scheme as detailed in the options menu.

Thanks for listing the times Booshka! How is the time on the first level even possible? Glitches?

Also, I've now watched several gameplay videos of the PS3 version on youtube and every single one had the stuttering and framerate issues I experienced on my system, so my conclusion is that this happens on every system and some people just do not notice it.

I still notice it, but the game is so much fun in co-op that it doesn't impact my enjoyment too much.

Lumine

Jubbly said:
You're plugging in two X360 controllers? They'll both share the same control scheme as detailed in the options menu.

No, it was two playstation controllers. One sixaxis through a xbox360 controller emulator and one PS2 dualshock through an adapter. Both ended up with two different controle schemes, but after messing around a bit we got it working properly. Had to unbind L3 and R3 for menu options and inventory on my friend's controller though because he kept pressing them by accident. :lol Other then that it wasn't much of a hassle at all, surprised it worked so well and quickly compared to most other PC games that supposedly "support" controllers.

Anyway, game is a blast in co-op. Loving it. Highly recommended.

crispyben

If I quit in the middle of a level, is my progression saved? I just brought down all those round stones to open the gate and had to quit before I could move on very far beyond the gate...

Cels

crispyben said:
If I quit in the middle of a level, is my progression saved? I just brought down all those round stones to open the gate and had to quit before I could move on very far beyond the gate...

yes

Daigoro

so whats the status on the DLC and the online co-op?

wasnt the DLC supposed to be out by now? i know the online portion of the game was...

hello!

Keir_Eidos

Eidos Loves You
Daigoro said:
so whats the status on the DLC and the online co-op?

wasnt the DLC supposed to be out by now? i know the online portion of the game was...

hello!

There will be some news on the DLC and online co-op soon. We're really sorry for the delay.

I don’t have a concrete date that I can give out just yet (it is dependent on a couple of factors) but it is in the near future. I will update you with the news as soon as I can. In the meantime, on behalf of everyone at Crystal and Square thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay.

If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to drop me a PM.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Keir_Eidos said:
There will be some news on the DLC and online co-op soon. We're really sorry for the delay.

I don’t have a concrete date that I can give out just yet (it is dependent on a couple of factors) but it is in the near future. I will update you with the news as soon as I can. In the meantime, on behalf of everyone at Crystal and Square thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay.

Awesome news. Thanks for updating us.

crispyben

Just finished this solo, it's just as good as it's said to be :D Now to find someone to play co-op with me... I'm not sure the wife will be too into it.

I had a weird bug in the final boss battle's first phase: I died, and it respawned me on a square with spikes coming up, so I was stuck in a death loop, couldn't press Start or Select before it reloaded, had to quit the game from the XMB...

Blizzard

Banned
Keir_Eidos said:

Yay, thanks for the update.

And don't worry, Eidos. Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming out, so I have faith that your online co-op might eventually come out too. ;p

nib95

Banned
Got linked to this from another thread. Just wanted to say, marvelous OP. Watched the youtube trailer, looks fantastic. Kind of like a Tomb Raider Diablo lol. Is this worth the £10 guys? And PS3 or 360? I have no preference, would just like whichever version runs better.

acevans2

nib95 said:
Got linked to this from another thread. Just wanted to say, marvelous OP. Watched the youtube trailer, looks fantastic. Kind of like a Tomb Raider Diablo lol. Is this worth the £10 guys? And PS3 or 360? I have no preference, would just like whichever version runs better.
Worth it and then some (and then some more). The 360 version has slightly better performance.

Cels

Keir_Eidos said:

Why has there been a near-complete silence on this matter by Eidos? The only "official" acknowledgment of the delay I've seen from Eidos (and I've looked around pretty hard) are various forum posts by you (here on NeoGAF recently and on tombraiderforums on Sept 28), and a couple tweets by CrystalDynamics on Oct 12.

When the Xbox version's co-op was delayed until Sept 28, that news was plastered all over many gaming sites, well in advance. Why was there no news this time? I am well aware now that there is a delay, but everyone found out about this delay after the fact. Telling us that a key feature of your game has been delayed until a certain date, and waiting until that date has come and passed to tell us that it's been delayed simply won't cut it.

Why not say something in a more public setting than a few forum posts only a handful of users will see?

Why do you still advertise online co-op as a feature in your game when you have never had it and haven't have it for over eight weeks from release? (http://www.xbox.com/hi-IN/games/l/laracroftgolxbla/)

Why is there no official word on Eidos' own forums for the game? (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=286)

I understand that developing this online co-op feature is tough and has taken more time than initially anticipated, but that is no excuse to keep people in the dark about when delays occur or to falsely advertise your game, claiming online co-op when there isn't any.

Why did Eidos anticipate a Sept 28 release for co-op when clearly they were unable to meet that deadline, as it's been over 16 days since the the supposed release date?

Cels said:
Why has there been a near-complete silence on this matter by Eidos? The only "official" acknowledgment of the delay I've seen from Eidos (and I've looked around pretty hard) are various forum posts by you (here on NeoGAF recently and on tombraiderforums on Sept 28), and a couple tweets by CrystalDynamics on Oct 12.

When the Xbox version's co-op was delayed until Sept 28, that news was plastered all over many gaming sites, well in advance. Why was there no news this time? I am well aware now that there is a delay, but everyone found out about this delay after the fact. Telling us that a key feature of your game has been delayed until a certain date, and waiting until that date has come and passed to tell us that it's been delayed simply won't cut it.

Why not say something in a more public setting than a few forum posts only a handful of users will see?

Why do you still advertise online co-op as a feature in your game when you have never had it and haven't have it for over eight weeks from release? (http://www.xbox.com/hi-IN/games/l/laracroftgolxbla/)

Why is there no official word on Eidos' own forums for the game? (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=286)

I understand that developing this online co-op feature is tough and has taken more time than initially anticipated, but that is no excuse to keep people in the dark about when delays occur or to falsely advertise your game, claiming online co-op when there isn't any.

Why did Eidos anticipate a Sept 28 release for co-op when clearly they were unable to meet that deadline, as it's been over 16 days since the the supposed release date?

Holy hell. I want you to be the true gaming journalist the world is needing. I think you're my favorite junior EVER.

Keir_Eidos

Eidos Loves You
Cels said:

I'm responsible for the community so I try and make sure I convey as much information as possible under any given circumstances - or at least try and maintain a presence. As you say I've posted on here and on tombraiderforums.com (and I have dropped posts on the Eidos forum too) as well as the Crystal twitter account.

What I'm not able to do is comment on the planning of announcements. I am able to pass posts like this on to those that do the planning however (as I have done with yours).

As I said earlier, it's not long until I'll be able to share some info with you. I'm really sorry for the delay and can only thank people for their patience.

Daigoro

Keir_Eidos said:

thank you for the update Keir.

Cels

Keir_Eidos said:
I'm responsible for the community so I try and make sure I convey as much information as possible under any given circumstances - or at least try and maintain a presence. As you say I've posted on here and on tombraiderforums.com (and I have dropped posts on the Eidos forum too) as well as the Crystal twitter account.

What I'm not able to do is comment on the planning of announcements. I am able to pass posts like this on to those that do the planning however (as I have done with yours).

As I said earlier, it's not long until I'll be able to share some info with you. I'm really sorry for the delay and can only thank people for their patience.

Thanks for answering a couple of my questions. There is nothing for consumers to do but be patient - and I genuinely believe that the people responsible for delivering are working hard right now - but I just wish that there had been more openness before the current situation (and I believe you are doing capably as of now).

I am sorry that I misspoke about a lack of posts on the official Eidos forums, and I read that you were moving and out of the office so you were unable to communicate with the community. It is unfortunate that your unavailability coincided with a time period where Eidos failed to keep its customers informed, but here I have to blame Eidos for not using other channels to do so.

I understand that you have a limited role in which you are unable to comment on the planning of announcements but are able to relay that information to others. Are you able to comment on the fact that Eidos has misrepresented the availability of the online co-op feature in its description of the game? http://www.xbox.com/hi-IN/games/l/laracroftgolxbla/ - the relevant text is

Co-op action: Guardian of Light is the first ever co-op multiplayer action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft with fully cooperative online and offline story mode.

As far as I know, this has been the text ever since day one, August 18. Please consider how a consumer feels when they purchase a game that is described as having a "fully cooperative online story mode", then booting the game up and finding that it in fact has no such feature. Why not remove the text until the co-op feature is actually in the game and then putting that text in?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Still haven't played passed the demo area. At this point I'll save it for around Christmas/New Year.

Korey

Cels said:

Vomiaouaf

Outside of one bug that kind of killed the mood (in a room where you have to collect 6 metallic balls to block their respective "fire slots" to open one gate, one ball appeared behind the gate...), really enjoyed the game tremendously, especially when dying 50 times a minute in co-op, it just becomes a nervous hysterical laugh.

Keir_Eidos

Eidos Loves You
butsomuch said:

That was quick!

Here's something I've posted over on the Eidos forums and tombraiderforums.com

I have some great news. The online co-op update for 360 will be going live on Wednesday the 27th of October. The guys at Crystal Dynamics have been working their socks off to ensure the online co-op is as good as it can be and everyone in the studio is really delighted that it’s ready.

We’re really sorry for the delay, it has been very frustrating for us. To say thanks for your patience, we’re giving the first DLC pack (which has some awesome puzzles and action) away for free. We’ll share some more info on this soon.

If anyone would like to vent their frustration at the delay by blowing the crap out of me with mines I’ll be available for games.

I don’t have news on the PC or PS3 online co-op just yet, but I’ll let you guys know as soon as I do.

On behalf of Crystal and Square Enix – thanks again.

crispyben

Wasn't the first DLC free for Xbox 360 anyway, or did I understand wrong? Will that offer extend to PS3 and PC now, in the light of the delay?

crispyben said:
Wasn't the first DLC free for Xbox 360 anyway, or did I understand wrong? Will that offer extend to PS3 and PC now, in the light of the delay?
No, the patch to enable online co-op was going to be free but they've added in some goodies as well now because of the delay.

Keir_Eidos

Eidos Loves You
Jtyettis said:
Great to hear finally. Also reading that I'm assuming the first DLC pack is a different date?

I'll get back to you on that soon.

crispyben said:

The DLC wasn't originally going to be free. I'll get back to you with detail on the PS3 and PC as soon as I can.

Once again - thanks for everyone's patience.

krae_man

How bad is the PS3 trophy bug? Does it come back?

I ask because I had trouble with it. The first time I started up the game, it didn't even appear on my trophy list. So I turned my PS3 off and booted up the game again and then it finally appeared in my trophy list but I still wasn't getting any trophies I earned.

So I read around and found out about the bug and reinstalled the unlock key like 4 times and It finally worked(I just started a local co-op game every time to test) and I thought I was fine as I played the first chapter and got every trophy I earned durring that playthrough.

Well yesterday I played chapter two and I could have sworn I killed at least 3 spiders at once with a bomb when I opened the Spider Tomb but no trophy.

Lumine said:
captainsmirk1.gif

Blizzard

Banned
I thought the first DLC was announced to be free on the PC, and maybe other platforms, way back, but maybe I was confused and that only referred to the online mode being activated.

Now, if the 360 gets free DLC and the PC version doesn't, THEN we can break out the torches and pitchforks. :lol

Finished this recently, and it was an AMAZING game. Definitely one of my favorite Tomb Raider experiences ever even if it wasn't traditional. I hope the next "real" Tomb Raider has this level of polish, and replay value.

I'll take any DLC you're gonna dish out Crystal Dynamics.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Synless said:
Did the ps3 version get the online co-op patch yet? If not is there and eta?
Not yet, no eta either. 360 is finally getting its patch on the 27th so hopefully they've ironed out any major issues they had and porting the code to the other platforms goes much smoother.

Synless

Killthee said:
Not yet, no eta either. 360 is finally getting its patch on the 27th so hopefully they've ironed out any major issues they had and porting the code to the other platforms goes much smoother.
Wait, I thought the 360 version had the patch the day the psn version came out? Well, seems like the psn patch is a ways away.

Top Bottom