• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light |OT| - Play This GOTY Contender

Jubbly

About time, frankly. Shocking that they released the game without an advertised feature, one that was mentioned on all the digital store pages past release...

krae_man

PSN store updated with 4 challange maps for free:

Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light – Things That Go Boom Challenge Pack 2 (free until 12/21)
Four new explosive challenge maps featuring a variety of tense puzzles, deadly traps, and relentless combat encounters.
File size: 94 MB

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is it supposed to be #2, though? I thought we were getting #1 for free only?

Not that I'm complaining if it's Sony's fuck up/Square's fuck-up, but man I've paid $0 for the game so far. :lol

TripOpt55

I need to redownload this. I had to move to a new PS3. I'll have to replay it since I lost my data, but that's okay. Definitely want to try the DLC. Hopefully trophies will install for me this time too. That'd be a nice bonus.

TheSeks

Holy shit, the challenge levels are hard. They're a mix of survival horror and score attack. Have to go all over the level for 10 mins or so defeating enemies quickly. They pump in poison gas on the lower levels to where you risk health for reloading your non-pistol guns or stand your ground. Crazy.

TheSeks

Ravidrath said:
The challenge maps are the DLC the XBLA version got?

Depends, is yours DLC #1? Because PSN is #2. :lol

acevans2

I was so confused when I read "Pack #2" on PSN. I looked in a few places for the first pack, but I guess it's not available.

TheSeks

acevans2 said:
I was so confused when I read "Pack #2" on PSN. I looked in a few places for the first pack, but I guess it's not available.

It isn't and hasn't been available. That's why I think it's a Sony fuck up. :lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking they just gave PSN users a different pack for free.

cool for people who bought copies on multiple platforms I guess.

Cels

Chopperman said:
I was thinking they just gave PSN users a different pack for free.

cool for people who bought copies on multiple platforms I guess.

Yea.

IMO, Things That Go Boom > All The Trappings so PSN got the better free DLC. I am sure that Xbox users will get to pay for Things That Go Boom at some point and PSN users will get to pay for All The Trappings, so it all evens out, really.

Did Steam get anything for free?

Volcynika

Cels said:
Yea.

IMO, Things That Go Boom > All The Trappings so PSN got the better free DLC. I am sure that Xbox users will get to pay for Things That Go Boom at some point and PSN users will get to pay for All The Trappings, so it all evens out, really.

Did Steam get anything for free?

PC has gotten zero DLC at this point, free or paid.

TheSeks

Volcynika said:
PC has gotten zero DLC at this point, free or paid.

Isn't PC supposed to be getting something as a "Sorry for the wait?"

littleornothin

Neo Member
Have they sorted out the stuttering in the ps3 version some experienced? That has kept me from cashing out on this.. It was too annoying in the demo for me.

derFeef

Stallion Free said:
If every platform doesn't get all of the DLC packs I am going to be pissed.
Indeed.

On topic of PC coop - anyone else experience a HUGE lag when you pick up items/gems? It sometimes takes 2 seconds that the game recognizes your pickup. Happaned to both sides btw, not just the host.

Corto

derFeef said:
Indeed.

On topic of PC coop - anyone else experience a HUGE lag when you pick up items/gems? It sometimes takes 2 seconds that the game recognizes your pickup. Happaned to both sides btw, not just the host.

I have the same experience on the PS3, the game seems to run without perceptible lag but the gems pickup feedback feels laggy. Awkward.

Volcynika

derFeef said:
Indeed.

Yep, seen it myself at least on PS3. Haven't tested PC yet.

duckroll

derFeef said:
Indeed.

Yes, I played with Bebpo yesterday, and we had pretty bad lag response with that. Other than the laggy response, it was really fun though. Kudos to Eidos for actually getting the patch out before December. Hope they improve the netcode eventually though.

Jubbly

My PC co-op partner can only aim (on my screen) in one direction using keyboard and mouse, though on his end he's shooting enemies, but yet it doesn't register. Anyone experienced this or know a workaround?

Cels

duckroll said:
Yes, I played with Bebpo yesterday, and we had pretty bad lag response with that. Other than the laggy response, it was really fun though. Kudos to Eidos for actually getting the patch out before December. Hope they improve the netcode eventually though.

Just as bad on 360 and PS3. Lag on item pickups, enemy death animations. They took their time and it STILL sucked, and it looks like it stinks on all three platforms. Embarrassing. I hope they fix this before too long, but I am not holding my breath...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So why the fuck does this game dip from 60 to 40 fps all the time? Unless you stand still, then it can usually keep a solid 60 depending on the room, but if you move, constant stuttering. Unless you turn shadows off, of course, then it can keep a solid 60 most of the time.

Granted I only tried the demo, but the demo is updated too right (The latest patch says it improves performance)? Considering it downloads the same files for the full game. It also has the online co-op options, just greyed out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
ThirstyFly said:
Any word on if the patch fixes the trophy issue on PS3? I haven't bought it yet, but I will be in a few days.
I had the problem with trophies not appearing, so I just redownloaded the game again and trophies worked.

xtwo

ThirstyFly said:
Any word on if the patch fixes the trophy issue on PS3? I haven't bought it yet, but I will be in a few days.

I think it did.As soon as i downloaded the online patch and played my first online co op game, trophies showed up.

derFeef said:
Yup. Same here. Played for about 1 hour yesterday on PS3, lag was pretty bad when picking up items and when dealing with enemies (enemies spawning and dying). I also experienced some issues that I didn't experience when playing local co-op/single player. Sometimes when jumping next to a ledge my character (Lara) would erratically jump all over the edge, become stuck against the wall and then jump off (kind of like hanging from the edge but with a jumping animation instead of actually hanging). Not sure if that's caused by lag or what.

I was the client, not the host but I was playing with a RL friend who lives in the same city, a dozen or so blocks away and on the same ISP. We were also playing wired, not wireless.

duckroll

TheSeks said:
It isn't and hasn't been available. That's why I think it's a Sony fuck up. :lol

I don't think it's a fuck up. We'll know very soon though. So far, to make up for delayed online co-op, XBLA got DLC1 free, and PSN got DLC2 free. If Steam gets DLC3 free, then it all makes sense. There are 3 expansion content packs planned, and 2 costume packs. What I am guessing is that each platform will get a different content pack free to be fair, and the other two content packs will be made available on purpose in December for all platforms. The costume packs will also be pay DLC for all platforms.

Could be wrong, but signs are pointing to this.

Blablurn

man, i'm really having some hard times with the keyboard controls. and my fucking usb controller does not really work with the game because i can change the button configuration. i would buy a 360 controler for the game but i dont know where i can buy one..
i'm in china

Jubbly

Keir_Eidos said:
I should have some news on PC DLC shortly.

Good to hear, but I have to say I was extremely disappointed that the PC online co-op shipped with the Lara aiming bug that you fixed about three minutes after my post yesterday.

All the comments about it taking extra time to develop and ensure it works right and it launches with a major bug that every single player experienced... However, with the patch it does work very well, apart from the 1 second lag on collecting gems, which can be exploited so both players collect the same gem, and a bizarre bug where half the level's geometry disappeared and I insta-fell to my death every time I spawned.

Oh yes, and the jumping challenge over the three balls early on - my co-op partner jumped once, flew round the screen like Superman, landed back next to me, and instantly completed it :lol

Me thinks some extra QA is needed!

Sent

Finally picked this up since they added co-op (PC). Game is hella fun, just wish they came out the gate with it. Hope DLC soon follows.

Jubbly

allegate said:
Hmm, nice. Now if only there were a way for me to get it for free. Say, to win it in a contest.

$10 game that offers more content and gameplay than some $60 titles - I'm sure you can scrounge up the cash :D

Amir0x

Banned
Jubbly said:
$10 game that offers more content and gameplay than some $60 titles - I'm sure you can scrounge up the cash :D

Nah, he won the Lara Croft contest I made but I keep forgetting to pick up the damn $20 card for him. :lol

I'll make it up to you allegate.

Rubezh

Did the patch fix the lag issue with the pickups? These complaints are the only thing holding me back from buying the game on Steam.

Jubbly

Rubezh said:
Did the patch fix the lag issue with the pickups? These complaints are the only thing holding me back from buying the game on Steam.

There is still a ~1 sec lag on pick ups. Once you're used to it you know that running through them will acquire them. It always registers, just doesn't show you getting them for an extra second.

TripOpt55

Not sure if it was the patch or what, but I had to switch to a new PS3 and after redownloading this the trophies actually installed for me which didn't happen the first time around. I need to go back through the game though and then I'll try and jump into the DLC.

Jubbly

electroshockwave said:
When playing online does the camera track both characters like local co-op or just follow your character?

The camera zooms out a fair way to keep both characters on screen, but eventually the furthest along in the level is unable to move forward, or your drag your friend off into a pit... by accident :lol

FatBaby

So I just bought the game off of Steam since it is on sale and I am trying to play the game with a friend. Is anyone having a problem when you invite someone, it doesn't show them selecting their character?

I'll be able to select a character just fine, but my friend's name will stay in the middle. Vice versa, my friend will be able to select a character, but he sees me as staying in the middle. It seems like a total crap shoot if both of them will work. After about 15 minutes of making and remaking, it will work, but then it will randomly lose connection.

Has anybody had this problem with the Steam version and/or know a work around? The Steam forums, or the Eidos forums don't offer much help.

I hope I made the clear enough....

Nabs

so i'm using a 360 pad and an online friend is using kb/m. when we start up a game, my 360 pad doesn't seem to work anymore. anyone else have that problem?

Top Bottom