• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the party: Mario Kart DD

KarishBHR

Well, I rented it and love it. But I dont understand... there is no career mode, so what is the goal of me playing besides just fun?

BeOnEdge

Banned
career? WTF? you are driving go karts around with fictional characters. i dont think 64 had career mode either. MKDD has been my most played GC game this year for multiplay but it doesnt touch MK64 IMO.

KarishBHR said:
Well, I rented it and love it. But I dont understand... there is no career mode, so what is the goal of me playing besides just fun?

If serious, this is pretty much the best quotation I've read in my entire life.

BeOnEdge

Banned
i still cant believe he said career mode. "become the top kart racer in the mushroom kingdom for the money, the power and the glory"

Alex

DD ruled, my favorite Mario Kart, but I never play it much anymore. Wish there were some more cups, and better multi-tracks. co-op clearing the game, and 3-4 player madness on the baby track was worth the price of admission by far though.

I wish they would just SSB:M everything with nifty missions and unlockables up the wazoo.

cvxfreak

Alex said:
DD ruled, my favorite Mario Kart, but I never play it much anymore. Wish there were some more cups, and better multi-tracks. co-op clearing the game, and 3-4 player madness on the baby track was worth the price of admission by far though.

I wish they would just SSB:M everything with nifty missions and unlockables up the wazoo.

IAWTP

MKDD's fun factor shorted out after a few weeks, unlike SSBM with tons of modes and environments and such. :(

=W=

I hope the next Mario Kart has unlockable spinners. Plastic ones at first, then upgrades.

I think with the power of the next-gen machines, true spinner physics can be implemented.

Deg

Banned
Yeah unlock everything. Then keep inviting friends over. It gets competitive.

Alex said:

Hell no. No sane person has the time to complete a 25,000 hour single player game.

Top Bottom