• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

zkylon

zkylewd
so what are the theories for the crazy velkoz like effects during stream

project skins?

new void champion?

is it froggen?

I think it's a new champ because I don't Riot would do two skin teases back to back, plus we're a couple patches away from whatever will be for worlds so if they start dripping down glimpses of the new champ now it should coincide with 5.19 or so which is when we should start expecting the next champ

so what are the theories for the crazy velkoz like effects during stream

is it froggen?

Definitely Froggen.

The color scheme doesn't seem appropriate for a Void champion (it seems to be in gold-ish hues more in line with the Arclight skins). The pattern would be appropriate for another "Project" skin, though. I'd be surprised if it's a new champion teaser that snuck in completely without spoilers, I can't remember the last time they actually kept a champion under wraps until the official reveal.

Definitely Froggen.

The color scheme doesn't seem appropriate for a Void champion (it seems to be in gold-ish hues more in line with the Arclight skins). The pattern would be appropriate for another "Project" skin, though. I'd be surprised if it's a new champion teaser that snuck in completely without spoilers, I can't remember the last time they actually kept a champion under wraps until the official reveal.
Tahm came out of nowhere. Bard, RekSai, Azir, they all showed up on Riot's terms too

We already have two Arcade skins coming up with a login screen even, why would they tease another one on top?

I hope it's not a Zed skin. Fuck Zed

Bacon

I really am not a big fan of Maokai anymore. I know it worked last game for TSM but I just think top laners should be trying to get on carry champions.

Another Viktor vs Azir, i think i've seen this matchup more than twenty times this year already.

There aren't a lot of great lane picks versus either champion that aren't dead fish in terms of general team composition. They're kind of the Ahri and Orianna of this season (until Worlds, when Ahri and Orianna will, as always, go back to being the Ahri and Orianna).

zkylon

zkylewd
Definitely Froggen.

yea just shooting theories

i think they said new champion was after worlds and was not gonna be an assassin or support

so i duno

Tahm came out of nowhere. Bard, RekSai, Azir, they all showed up on Riot's terms too

there were some small sort of inaccurate leaks about tahm, but azir was 100% out of nowhere and bard too

i think reksai was partially leaked too
gross lol

I was thinking more of Arcade skin than Project because of that Game Over thing Riot has going on.
yea that might be true

Another Viktor vs Azir, i think i've seen this matchup more than twenty times this year already.
it's the problem with nerfed assassins and tank meta, dps+burst+utility+scaling generalists thrive way too much

i think azir needs a bit more nerfs (and i wish they gave him his knockup back in exchange) and we have to see what next patch does for viktor, but it's prolly not gonna be enough

but mostly i want assassins back. more ahri and more lebonk plss

I really am not a big fan of Maokai anymore. I know it worked last game for TSM but I just think top laners should be trying to get on carry champions.
i really want rito to do some slight nerfs on maokai

he's way too safe and boring to watch

There aren't a lot of great lane picks versus either champion that aren't dead fish in terms of general team composition. They're kind of the Ahri and Orianna of this season (until Worlds, when Ahri and Orianna will, as always, go back to being the Ahri and Orianna).
Yeah, Azir and Viktor are gods of all trades, if you're not trying to make a comp you can just slap them in and have almost everything anyways

I doubt Viktor will be allowed to be played for the early stages of worlds because how much LPL and LCK and the wildcard regions play him

Bacon

i really want rito to do some slight nerfs on maokai

he's way too safe and boring to watch

Totally agree. I'm not sure he really warrants a nerf but I would not be against him getting one just to get him out of the competitive scene. Such a boring champion.

I don't think Maokai warrants a nerf at this point since teams are moving back to more carry top laners and the armor nerfs next patch should emphasize that further

Elixist

Lets let Bjergsen play Azir again

I swear TSM can't beat a good team in a game shorter than 50 minutes. The single reason I hate them as an organization, they are so boring.

Fenix's build lost them the game, he was so weak in his burst he couldn't even 100 to 0 Bjerg at any point which is unacceptable as that's why people play Viktor into Azir

Elixist

Nid needs some more dumpstering along with Azir and
Yasuo.

their balancing of nid has been an embarassment to say the least. she gets a jump with a short cd, one of the best heals in the game that also gives atk spd (cuz reasons). one of the best long range moves in the game that gives vision (rsns), a trap that gives vision. a cougar form that uses no mana, yep thats even stevens with other champs lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
STOP GIVING BJERG AZIR!

Literally 1 champ is stopping all your engage and possible turnarounds....

Team Liquid should feel embarassed at losing game 2. All they needed to do was avoid getting split up and rush down Turtle as soon as he and Bjergsen weren't grouped up (and if they were grouped up, avoid Gnar's ult and kill both of them). TSM had shown no way to keep Turtle alive for longer than 3 seconds if he got rushed on by Maokai and Elise. But no, Quas walks in to the enemy team and dies for no reason, multiple times, and Fenix gets caught out and refuses to immediately Flash or drop his ultimate. Bjergsen, to be fair, is playing extremely well.

Top Bottom