• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Time to catch up on LPL playoffs. Watched the first set, so gotta watch LGD v Snake series.

Too much league these days. I still have to watch Brazil finals too.

What are the scenarios for TSM to make Worlds based on points alone?

Here ya go:

IF TSM DEFEATS LIQUID

They auto-qualify, either through beating CLG or on points.

IF LIQUID DEFEATS TSM

They qualify on points if either: TSM defeats Impulse OR Liquid defeats CLG.

If Liquid beats TSM but loses to CLG, and TSM loses to Impulse, Liquid qualifies for Worlds via tiebreaker (more points in Summer Split). TSM would be the top seed in the NA Gauntlet.

I haven't been paying attention to LPL but wtf happen to EDG? I thought they were so far ahead like SKT is with LCK.

Nothing really. LGD has just been improving massively.

EDG probably didn't need as much time to adjust to their new members, so other teams are catching up. LGD also has PYL, who is a really good shotcaller being called "the Chinese Mata".

Also, I heard from the casters that Chris Xiao Qiang, the former coach of Star Horn Royal Club that brought them to worlds finals twice, has joined LGD.

clemenx

Banned
How have the LCS games been? I have to admit that I've been seeing all of the LPL this week and that has left me with little interest for the LCS stuff. LPL is just so goood. Will be watching TL-TSM for sure tho.

I've been thinking that Rito should do away with splits and just have season long leagues using bo3 format to qualify to worlds and squeeze a bunch of international tourneys with 3rd party orgs within the year. I mean just IEM is not nearly enough.

I do love the LCS format of having my league fix every week weekly but league definitely needs more international competition to close the region gaps.

With their upset win over EDG, and iG losing to QG, LGD have qualified for Worlds as the Chinese #1 seeds since they're guaranteed to have the most circuit points whether they win the finals or not. EDG, iG, QG, and Snake, will contest the last two spots in a double elim regionals bracket.

How have the LCS games been?

Generally not that great. CLG/Impulse game 1 was really close but largely because of big mistakes by both teams. Gate looked out of place, getting destroyed in lane by Pobelter. H2K never looked much like troubling Origen since Loulex and Odoamne were so far below sOAZ and Amazing. Ryu did well, but not close to enough.

TSM v Team Liquid today should be the best of the 4 LCS semi-finals, though UoL might be able to throw some chaos into the mix against Fnatic.

Omnicent

aww man there is so much league to catch up on today (I'm still catching up on the LPL from the 13th. Thouigh I will probably re-watch iG vs VG. That reverse sweep was so good )

Bacon

The announcer just said hashtag worth

NSESN

I almost thought FNC would lose, then i remembered that vardags is useless with Lucian and Ezreal was using a build from 2 months ago

Top Bottom