• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

tm24

Grimløck;176291391 said:
if origen wins do they qualify for worlds alongside fnatic?

Yes. Fnactic qualifies on points. H2K gets top seed in the gauntlet

Also, i legit love Silver Scrapes and A Running Chip. Both songs are pretty hype

Grimløck;176291391 said:
if origen wins do they qualify for worlds alongside fnatic?

The winners of Summer split automatically qualify, so if Origen wins they auto-qualify and Fnatic takes 2nd seed automatically on points. If Fnatic wins, they auto-qualify and the qualification via points falls to the next highest (H2K), and Origen's stuck playing through the gauntlet.

Technically there's not much riding on this for Fnatic (or TSM, afterwards) since the seeding doesn't seem as valuable this year as in previous seasons for Worlds, which is the one problem with the new qualification format.

what was the fiasco?

Back during season 2 Worlds the CLG.eu vs. WE quarter-final was twice interrupted by network failures, forcing restarts. WE were leading 1-0 and ahead when the first stoppage happened, then CLG.eu, after changing up their draft and winning game 2, were bearing down on WE's base in "game 4" when the connection was lost. After hours of waiting and multiple restarts the series was eventually finished. All of the waiting time was soundtracked to Silver Scrapes. I think this report goes over it pretty well.

Type2

Fnatic got punished for their show offy comp. Once I noticed the ardent sensor and the strategy for late game on Origen I knew fnatic would lose unless Niels made a huge mistake bait jumping onto a tahm kench devour target and dying. Game 5 hype!!!
I think for European sake Origen winning would be their best worlds seeds. H2k and Origen can easily run through the gauntlet though.

Ambition

80054-South-Park-orgasm-meme-Randy-M-DWge.jpeg

Man this game looked so good for OG. They had gold lead and better scaling comp, but keep getting picked off. Niels get picked off, Amazing gets pick leads to Baron, Soaz/Xpeke gets picked off.... then now Niels and Mithy add on the two WTF ults by Xpeke. Damn it's like everything that can go wrong happened...

Edit: And Xpeke again. Holy fuck.

i bet they feel silly with those Azir bans when Peke playing this bad on him

OG you have trist...just do a base race at that point you destroy harder than Corki

idlewild_

H2K getting the second seed over OG is kind of sad, I hope next year they have the gauntlet winner play the team with the most CP to determine seeding. Or some other solution, I don't know.

Even if Yellowstar made the most important play, Rekkles did so much work killing Peke twice near his bottom inhib to give them the map pressure, and he carried game 3, that I'd make him MVP of the series. Great series. Hope Origen don't miss Worlds in regionals.

Edit: And if it was his decision to commit to the splitpush which opened up the second inhib, that was a great call. Likely Yellowstar's though.

Top Bottom