• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Can TL only go to worlds if TSM wins? Or is it just a guaranteed ticket if they win, and TL has to go through the gauntlet if they lose?

The latter. If TSM wins then TL has more points than CLG and gets the 2nd seed, if CLG wins then TSM will get the seed since they have more points than TL. If TL doesn't get the 2nd seed they have to play through the Gauntlet but they'll go in with the most points and have the best seeding iirc.

Type2

As far as which team I want to go through the gauntlet I'd rather liquid prove to me they got their shit together rather than seeing clg slug it out again.
Clg have diverse strategies, multiple carries and they look better than they ever have. Liquid has been screwing up more than any team in playoffs.

I think there's a big underestimation here of how much winning NA/EU titles means to the players and teams. Ultimately, they knew that in all likelihood the best they can do in terms of actually winning trophies is intra-regional competition - the odds of even Fnatic winning Worlds are very low against the likes of LGD & SKT. In previous seasons the odds were ~0% (except season 2 for Gambit and CLG.eu). The Fnatic players went wild when they won, so did TSM's players last year against C9. So did TheOddOne & Reginald back when they beat GGU in the very first split.

It isn't about winning at worlds right now, being the best in their respective region, having the fans there cheering for them, that is enough in the moment for them to be freaking out in celebration no matter what.

Though I always thought it was funny when EG won TI5, they barely showed emotion when winning over a million dollars a piece.

I think there's a big underestimation here of how much winning NA/EU titles means to the players and teams. Ultimately, they knew that in all likelihood the best they can do in terms of actually winning trophies is intra-regional competition - the odds of even Fnatic winning Worlds are very low against the likes of LGD & SKT. In previous seasons the odds were ~0% (except season 2 for Gambit and CLG.eu). The Fnatic players went wild when they won, so did TSM's players last year against C9. So did TheOddOne & Reginald back when they beat GGU in the very first split.

The Season 2 odds for M5 were so good. The fact that Korea got shafted helped enormously, and then on top of that they also send an arguably inferior team due to playing their own regional tournament on a borked patch. M5 and CLG.eu by all rights should have been able to beat Frost.

Never going to get a perfect storm of opportunity like that again. At least TPA took advantage, because if Korea had won even with those circumstances modern professional League would be even more depressing.

As far as which team I want to go through the gauntlet I'd rather liquid prove to me they got their shit together rather than seeing clg slug it out again.
Clg have diverse strategies, multiple carries and they look better than they ever have. Liquid has been screwing up more than any team in playoffs.

Completely agree. CLG has only looked better and better, TL has shown time and time again that they have massive issues with shotcalling and late game. Unless they show they can fix that I don't want them to take a Worlds spot. Let Liquid prove they deserve the spot in the Gauntlet where teams like C9 will be a good challenge to their shotcalling.

Type2

Man watching Zion solo que yasuo the last few months this pick has me hyped. Even when he gets camped he puts the pressure on!

M5 and CLG.eu by all rights should have been able to beat Frost.

Never going to get a perfect storm of opportunity like that again. At least TPA took advantage, because if Korea had won even with those circumstances modern professional League would be even more depressing.

All hail Stanley for his immense run of games on Nidalee and Olaf. Edward has been pretty open that Moscow 5/Gambit think they would have won Worlds if they just banned Nidalee in game 3 against TPA. They didn't think he could do what he did in game 2 again.

The funny thing is that at the time everyone thought Frost were monsters, but looking back it's clear they were pretty fortunate to draw TSM and CLG.eu and could have lost to WE, TPA, M5 or iG (and were ran close by CLG.eu anyway). They would probably have won Worlds for Korea if they resigned their spot and allowed Blaze to take over from them.

Chillz0r

Banned
Not only hes gamechanging but hes one of the few champs Xmithe can use reasonably well, although this game hes being pretty darn good

#FaithAge

Top Bottom