• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Type2

Trist needs a ban and maybe yasuo if tsm has no answers. I don't think turtle can play her well. I feel like smithie has some other decent picks and the strategy here is to start with known quantities.

Santorin plays Gragas. I don't know why they didn't pick it away.

CLG has been showing a much large champion pool than before.

Trist needs a ban and maybe yasuo if tsm has no answers. I don't think turtle can play her well. I feel like smithie has some other decent picks and the strategy here is to start with known quantities.

It's hard because if you ban Trist and Gragas, you give up a lot of important bans that CLG can play.

Not only hes gamechanging but hes one of the few champs Xmithe can use reasonably well, although this game hes being pretty darn good

#FaithAge

I don't think we really know what Xmithie's champ pool is these days. He's looked really good on both Ekko and now Gragas. This looks like Vulcun Xmithie.

Type2

Santorin plays Gragas. I don't know why they didn't pick it away.

CLG has been showing a much large champion pool than before.

It's hard because if you ban Trist and Gragas, you give up a lot of important bans that CLG can play.
Santorin is a shit gragas and should be playing Elise. I wouldn't suggest banning gragas but leaving trist open doesn't feel like a good idea. Double will make the plays or just farm better than turtle while his team pulls their weight.
You can't really ban out Zion and the Ashe ban is stupid... Dyrus can just pick Olaf and run her down.

Chillz0r

Banned
I don't think we really know what Xmithie's champ pool is these days. He's looked really good on both Ekko and now Gragas. This looks like Vulcun Xmithie.

Haha i guess thats true! Those Seju games in the spring split absolutely tainted his name, but hes been pretty solid these last few months

And i agree with others saying Gragas will very very likely be banned next game(s)

I don't know that you actually ban Yasuo. Yeah, he's a lane counter to Gnar, but he also creates a team comp where Gnar can stack Armor, which is when you really unlock the completely stupid late-game Gnar mode.

If CLG can't actually win off Yasuo's lane advantage by 40 minutes he's not worth banning.

Type2

Baron throws avoided. Pretty good patient play by clg. They got some good wave control going with all that baron time wasted.
Clg clg clg!!!

Aphrmoo is the real MVP to me. He got Zion his first kill (along with Xmithie) then Zion got Pobeltber essentially 3 kills, then Pobelter essentially got Doublelift a triple.

It's like one person enable someone else to get fed then that person transfer it to another. Woah that is Korean-esque.

Of course they are going to somehow fuck this up....

Lol Pobelter just ksing off Zion now..

I don't know that you actually ban Yasuo. Yeah, he's a lane counter to Gnar, but he also creates a team comp where Gnar can stack Armor, which is when you really unlock the completely stupid late-game Gnar mode.

If CLG can't actually win off Yasuo's lane advantage by 40 minutes he's not worth banning.

They aren't an all AD team though, Viktor has some of the highest damage in the game. You can't ignore that.

Nekofrog

Banned
also, this is why i don't think highly of dyrus

you'd NEVER EVER see him pull something like yasuo top out. it's always gonna be maokai or gnar

the closest he came to a carry top was olaf and it was decent. but olaf is also a really non mechanically intense champion so it's easy for a scrub like him

edit: DYRUS 1v1ed UNDER NEXUS TOWERS ROFL

the yasuo pick was brilliant. it simply ENFORCES the zoning control of Braum/Gragas, because aside from worrying about being in range of their ultimates as you normally would, you now have to worry about the FOLLOWUP to those ultimates. it's a triple whammy zone control.

They aren't an all AD team though, Viktor has some of the highest damage in the game. You can't ignore that.

You can actually build heavy Armor on Gnar versus a single-AP threat if your teammate builds an Aegis, but of course Santorin wants to play Nidalee again. He's gotten away with it up to now despite some incredibly mediocre play on the champion, but it's probably time to retire her and switch to an initiating jungler that can build supportive items.

Also obviously helps if you don't let the Viktor get that far ahead.

TSM is losing this game because of Viktor. Not Yasuo.

Yea but Viktor got most of his kills because of the Yasuo/ bot lane priority. In Pobelter very first kill he DID ONE AUTO ATTACK Zion and Xmithie did 99% of the damage then Zion went to E the shuttle crab and let Pobelter get kill off one auto. Then again in the mid game Aphro hit a Q onto Bjerg and Zion ult Berg and took the exhaust, which let Pobelter get another free kill with one E. Then you see again in that top lane when Zion did like 90% onto Dyrus and let Pobelter take it off one E.

Yea he was fed but he didn't earn any of it, his teammates handed the kills to him. Look at how many assist Pobelter had that game. Look at his kill participation compared to Double/Zion/Aphro.

Edit: Damn so Pobelter caught up in assist that last fight because everyone else was splitting, but during mid game at one point he was 6-0-1.

Leezard

The Yasuo top pick really should have been punished. I don't get why TSM won't do the fast-push when they bothered to laneswap.

That was a great game by CLG. I'd like to see Huhi come out this series just to throw TSM off but I don't know if CLG have been practicing with him any.

Yea but Viktor got most of his kills because of the Yasuo/ bot lane priority. In Pobelter very first kill he DID ONE AUTO ATTACK Zion and Xmithie did 99% of the damage then Zion went to E the shuttle crab and let Pobelter get kill off one auto. Then again in the mid game Aphro hit a Q onto Bjerg and Zion ult Berg and took the exhaust, which let Pobelter get another free kill with one E. Then you see again in that top lane when Zion did like 90% onto Dyrus and let Pobelter take it off one E.

Yea he was fed but he didn't earn any of it, his teammates handed the kills to him.

yeah xmithie and aphro won the game for CLG early because they were able to make plays.

They forced the hell out of that first fight at midlane. That had no right to go as well as it did.

if tsm wants to win they need to not play like passive retards for 50 minutes and then lose because people were actually taking objectives instead of running around like idiots.

Type2

Now the question is does the yasuo scare tsm into banning it. Trist will surely be banned unless they plan to put turtle on it.

Faker getting the girls. 8)

But only one girl on his mind.

PTkjdn6.jpg

brian!

oh i just meant that he was looking fidgety and uncomfortable like he had something he wanted to say but didnt know if he should

Macattk15

Yea he was fed but he didn't earn any of it, his teammates handed the kills to him. Look at how many assist Pobelter had that game. Look at his kill participation compared to Double/Zion/Aphro.

Edit: Damn so Pobelter caught up in assist that last fight because everyone else was splitting, but during mid game at one point he was 6-0-1.

And that ONE fight when the game became close again like 33 mins in ... and Viktor caught 3 of TSM which led to a Baron basically pushed the game in CLG's hands.

Now the question is does the yasuo scare tsm into banning it. Trist will surely be banned unless they plan to put turtle on it.

CLG has a pretty immense champ pool to ban out. You can't give Double Kalista or Trist really. Alistar is a good ban against Aphro. Then you have many options on banning out Xmithie and Zion.

I want to see TSM ban/pick out Xmithie entirely, force them to come up with something less comfortable for him. If they can make it a 4v5 they have a much better chance of winning. I'm betting CLG prepped for that though, I think Xmithie probably has put a lot of time in on Elise lately to back up his Grag and Ekko pool.

Top Bottom