• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

I like me sum fnatic
f87eb69c2be382ac3edb3e853d6fe72c.png
200 POINTS IN 1 GAME

HOOOOOLY SHIT

garath

Is it just me or is Deficio just talking out of his ass most of the time? He pretty much incorrectly analyzed everything about the Gambit game. He lamented their picks, the way they were playing, basically talked about them being on the edge of losing the entire game despite their complete map control. I was shaking my head almost the entire time.

I don't pay that much attention to the EU LCS so maybe he's normally on point but that was pretty poor color commentary.

Eh, I think he was pretty justified in being upset with Gambit's picks. They went for a double AD comp with a top lane tank and sat around doing nothing after getting an early lead. They never built pressure across multiple lanes so Kori was able to repel their pushes on Xerath. If MYM weren't horrible (lol Jwaow blindly walking into them 1v5 and then them wandering into their jungle looking for a fight) they might well have been able to hold out and beat them in the super late game due to Rek'Sai, Leona and Irelia becoming unkillable with HP/Armor and Xerath destroying their AD carries from range.

In Gambit's defence they were playing with a sub mid laner and, well, it was MYM.

He's still better than quikshot. My god.

One area of LoL that's definitely gone backward in the LoL era is the casting, especially in EU now that Deman and Joe Miller have left. Casts from Season 2 minor tournaments were frequently better than main casts today, more insightful and much more fun. When IEM gets (ex-)pros on (like Scarra, Saint, Krepo etc.) it's immediately clear how much we're missing. Have good hopes for Zirene though - wish he'd get moved up out of challenger land, he's better than any of the main NA casters except Jatt and Kobe. Monte/DoA are still the gold standard though.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 5 - Day 2

t1424451600z1.png

Fnatic vs Gambit Gaming
Roccat vs Elements
Copenhagen Wolves vs Meet Your Makers
Giants Gaming vs Unicorns of Love
SK Gaming vs H2K

ALN1031

I feel like Fnatic prepared too much for the SK game and maybe didn't do as much as they could for this game. Only caught the last end of it though, so maybe Gambit did just play out of their mind.

sleepykyo

Gambit won? Was it an action heavy match or something like Element yielding every objective if they don't come out ahead toward the end of the laning phase?

ALN1031

Gambit won? Was it an action heavy match or something like Element yielding every objective if they don't come out ahead toward the end of the laning phase?

Only watched the last half, but somehow Huni was tilting really hard. Got caught out trying to flank, then tpd back in to literally repeat his death. Gambit was playing the teamfights really well, Betsy had a flash charm a half second after Reignover's Olaf ultimate ran out for example. Fnatic seemed lost and Gambit capitalized on it, along with some really good engages.

Newt

Only Rekkles, master of all elements could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he ran away using Sivir ult.

Blizzard

Banned
MY POINTS NOOOOOOOOOO
I guess my prediction of 430 points after the first day did not pan out. Now if only ShdwDrake manages to have an amazing score, you might finally pick up a loss!

On a side note, my decision to ditch C9 and add Gambit worked out well this week.

*edit* I did not expect this MYM game to be this close given their record.

Blizzard

Banned
CW had to step it up. For a minute there it was super close, and the gold even swung back and forth several times. Freeze nearly died at the very end, but the team and lifesteal managed to save him.

Apparently Freeze had a quadrakill this split that I missed.

I'd rank yesterday's 5 games like so:

1. GIA vs. UoL
2, ROC vs. ELE
3. FNC vs. GMB
4. SK vs. H2K
5. CW vs. MYM

All were at least pretty good though, and depending on what you like to watch I could understand a very different ranking.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 5 - Day 1

t1424548800z1.png

Team Liquid vs Winterfox
Team 8 vs Gravity
Cloud 9 vs Team Impulse
Team Dignitas vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team SoloMid vs Team Coast

> Pick two immobile carries into a metric ton of engage and hard CC with a diving top and jungle.
> Play well for 35 minutes, keeping engagements to a minimum.
> Carries get dove and killed as soon as you try to siege enemy base.
> Lose.

Good draft from Winterfox, and very good Annie play from Imagine.

Top Bottom