• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

clemenx

Banned
I like Quas' carry mindset but he needed a frozen heart lol.

Good thing they were so far ahead. They need to hurry the fuck up.

master-of-disguise-tu9uufx.gif

clemenx

Banned
They just needed to keep pushing with the 3 inhib down. Not going to win straight up against Cass and Jinx in lategame.

ALN1031

YES! That little stunt Wildturtle did with the penta and hard carry almost cost me a sure win in fantasy. Thank god for IWD and Quas.

Pretty sure TSM could've won that if they never left the base (or maybe it was just Fenix blowing up Bjergsen and Santorin that did them in). Jinx and Cass demanded all of Liquid's CC to kill any one of them and the other would kill everyone.

Quas monstered Dyrus all game. Rare to see that happen to Dyrus unless he's against Koreans.

Damn Kiwi not holding back there - to paraphrase, "the team environment is awful and we aren't dealing with it". CloudNguyen lumped on with more. At least with a 4-6 record after five weeks they're doing okay, up there with TiP and Team8, and well ahead of Coast. Admire their honestly and hope they do well.

Winterfox looked like they had no idea what to do with Avalon's Sion - got bullied in lane, made bad/uncoordinated engages, then got ignored. The simpler they keep their comps, the better.

Blizzard

Banned
The CST surrender could cost me my fantasy league win this week. It presumably wouldn't have been close if TSM had played it out, but with 2 TSM members on my team, Edwardo is ahead by 1.55 points.

It all comes down to TIP Rush getting at least 2 points. The catch: TIP Rush only got 1.22 points in the game yesterday. If they have an awful second game I lose.

Edwardo

Jeez Zirene, dont put the idea of ad leblanc into peoples heads lol.

The CST surrender could cost me my fantasy league win this week. It presumably wouldn't have been close if TSM had played it out, but with 2 TSM members on my team, Edwardo is ahead by 1.55 points.

It all comes down to TIP Rush getting at least 2 points. The catch: TIP Rush only got 1.22 points in the game yesterday. If they have an awful second game I lose.

I think youll be ok, but you never know. I do have great luck ;)

clemenx

Banned
Oh Lol all those fun hovers by T8 and CST to end up with the same 2 team comps we see in every game its a bit depressing

I believe in Coast's ability to take Velocity's all-time record for worst split (both in number of wins and percentage of wins). They have Cris, Mash and Sheep, none of whom are none for friendliness or resilience when things get tough. Their mid laner's been kicked and the replacement has been bullied by both Bjergsen and Slooshi in his first two games. The jungler was friends with the kicked mid. Kiwikid and CloudNguyen were very candid about Dig's internal bad atmosphere, and they're 4-6 and winning games! Imagine how bad things must be in Coast's house.

Blizzard

Banned
Who would have thought Ocho would have the most points this week, beating even Ghost who had the 200+ point Fnatic score after the first day. Unfortunately they weren't against each other so Ghost remains undefeated.

I held off Edwardo thanks to TIP Rush redeeming themselves in the second game. 1/6/12 doesn't sound like an amazing jungler score, but 21 points was enough for this week from a jungler.

Edwardo

Who would have thought Ocho would have the most points this week, beating even Ghost who had the 200+ point Fnatic score after the first day. Unfortunately they weren't against each other so Ghost remains undefeated.

I held off Edwardo thanks to TIP Rush redeeming themselves in the second game. 1/6/12 doesn't sound like an amazing jungler score, but 21 points was enough for this week from a jungler.

It was a tough loss, but at least i'm facing Neko this week. EZWIN

Blizzard

Banned
Cop layin down the law. Rekkles trying to play Sivr, good one. Use that ult to run away more :lol.
I like the history behind that one. Newt picking Cop from the start and talking about potential after he does badly at the start of the season. Neko doubling down and making fun of Newt's team every week with his own team name, telling Newt to ditch Cop, etc. Eventually Newt went POTENTIAL and Neko went NOT POTENTIAL, TEARS for the dramatic head-to-head.

And the realization, but by that point it was too late:

For myself, my biggest piece of luck was getting CW Freeze at the start. CW looked very shaky, but Freeze has been one of the top two players in the league at least twice so far, and he's a highlight of that team.

I compiled a list of all the LCS weeks where a team emerged the undisputed #1 in the LCS. C9 holds the all-time record, and is also the only team to have sat alone at the top for an entire split (S3 Summer). Alliance do best in EU, where more teams (8 to 6) have held #1 uncontested than in NA. Curse do surprisingly well considering they were only dominant during one split - they have the same number of undisputed weeks as Fnatic, though since Fnatic are still competing that will likely change.

Cloud9 (S3 Summer, W1-9, S4 Spring, W11, S4 Summer, W11) (12)
TSM (S3 Spring, W11, S4 Spring, W2-9, S5 Spring, W4-5) (11)
Curse (S3 Spring, W1-2, S3 Spring, W5-9) (8)
Dignitas (S3 Spring, W4, S4 Summer, W2) (2)
LMQ (S4 Summer, W1, 9-10) (3)
Team Liquid (S5 Spring, W1) (1)

Alliance (S4 Summer, W2-11) (10)
Fnatic (S3 Spring, W3, 6-8, 10, S4 Spring, W1-3) (8)
SK Gaming (S4 Spring, W11, S5 Spring, W3-5) (4)
Team Alternate (S3 Summer, W1-4) (4)
Lemondogs (S3 Summer, W8-10) (3)
Gambit (S3 Spring, W4-5) (2)
Roccat (S4 Spring, W5-6) (2)
Evil Genuises (S3 Spring, W2) (1)

Blizzard

Banned
I'm scared of Ocho's team this week. We each have 2 of the top 5 players from last week. I have 2 TSM players and Ocho has 1 TSM plus the TSM team itself. It could come down to the wire like last week!

Notes from skimming through the Challenger series games:

- Origen 4-0, but struggled hard against Reason Gaming in their first match due to a sloppy lane phase. Going to be #1 seed in playoffs, and likely going to be in summer LCS. Doubt the other teams could beat any EU LCS team other than MYM at their current level.

- Team Dragon Knights 2-0 TSM Darkness with the same massive poke comp in both games. Struggled in lane phase but took over once they could group in both games since TSD didn't engage them properly. Actually running Varus/Sona bot lane in game 2. This is what happens when Nidalee is a meta jungler. I hope other teams ban this comp out.

- Final 5 teamfight well but are not good at all in laning phase. Manage a 1-1 draw vs. CLG Black. CLG Black will be gutted to let a 2-0 chance slip away.

- NME's Bodydrop tried his best to carry on Morgana, but Trashy couldn't find any good Rengar ganks and eventually Otter's poor positioning cost them against Fusion. Still probably the best all around team, but not too far ahead of the competition.

NA Challenger looks like it will remain very close down to the wire for the playoff spots.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 5 - Day 1

t1424970000z1.png

Giants Gaming vs Fnatic
Unicorns of Love vs SK Gaming
Roccat vs H2K
Elements vs Meet Your Makers
Gambit Gaming vs Copenhagen Wolves

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Please no more upsets. My heart can't handle another set of matches like last week.

GIA vs Fnatic
Unicorns of Love vs SK Gaming
Roccat vs H2K
Elements vs Meet Your Makers
Gambit Gaming vs Copenhagen Wolves (This could go either way depending on if diamond shows up)

Top Bottom