• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

I'm really looking forward to IEM Worlds, probably moreso than any international event since... IEM Worlds VIII? IPL 5? The relative strength of the regions hasn't been so arguable since back then. GE Tigers is clearly the best Korean team, but they're basically the guys Najin didn't want, their biggest names being Pray and GorillA. Their top laner, Smeb, used to be a laughing stock and won a Longpanda Memorial Award from Monte and Doa for being the worst top laner in an OGN split (though those days are long behind him). There are a lot of people who think their doing so well owes more to Korea's post-exodus weakness than their strength - international competition will be the best test possible.

I hope EDG get to go - they deserve it for their dominance in China. If they were to, they'd have a great chance of breaking Korea's long, seemingly permanent, stranglehold on international LoL victories. If they don't, China will be represented solely by WE, which would be a terrible shame.

SK will represent EU - probably the best squad SK has ever had, Forg1ven and Fox with their first chance to play an international event - but no guarantee how they'll hold up outside of EU.

CLG and TSM battle it out to decide who represents NA right now. They would go to IEM Worlds with a chance. Gambit and C9 will be there too, along with a Taiwanese team. Should be a great tournament.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, I really hope they get other Chinese team to go to IEM. WE seems to suck :( anyone but EP or Gamtee would do it for me. Though obviously OMG or EDG would be the best ones. Would love to see Snake.

Bixlow

Neo Member
I hope you're bracing yourself for all the Suicions you're going to have in your next games.

It's a pretty valid tactic, similar to the Maokai early wraith camp. I've done it in a couple of games so far. Only downside is if you get invaded the kill might go to the enemy.

kabel

Bd56YDC.png

Just Wow!

Also this twitch chat......my god.

Why do they constantly lose vision in these broadcasts? Can't they just keep both sides' vision up the entire time or is that somehow still not built into the spectator?

Blizzard

Banned
Why do they constantly lose vision in these broadcasts? Can't they just keep both sides' vision up the entire time or is that somehow still not built into the spectator?
They can, but I assume they're toggling team vision to illustrate what one side can see. As in, "Link can't see J4 sneaking up in the bush here."

I don't have audio turned on, but I would guess the commentators are talking about that.

kabel

Ehhhh they show 95% of the time both sides' vision.

They only disable that sometimes for ganks to show what they can see.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like I've seen this exact thing in previous games -- TSM (or some team) recalling their carries right as dragon is spawning, instead of even pretending to contest it. Do they do this on purpose? I feel like that would severely burn them.

Bixlow

Neo Member
I feel like I've seen this exact thing in previous games -- TSM (or some team) recalling their carries right as dragon is spawning, instead of even pretending to contest it. Do they do this on purpose? I feel like that would severely burn them.

Yeah, honestly I just think TSM is trying to scale to later in the game so Dyrus can get to that crazy tank late game. Dragons might not be that important to them right now but they are going to need to start grabbing some or else they will start falling farther and farther behind.

They are losing the vision game as well right now.

Blizzard

Banned
TSM with the "This time let's pretend to be near dragon, but run away instead" strategy. It worked in that they got a tower, but they lost the fight right afterwards. Bjergsen still doesn't have a kill 25 minutes in.

If CLG gets 5 dragons at like 35 minutes the game could end abruptly.

A minute ago I think TSM only had 3 wards on the whole map, so yes that can't be helping very much with 4 sweepers on each team.

Blizzard

Banned
Dragon #4 and Vi is next to it in vision of TSM? Better recall, wouldn't want to be near that. TSM came back but it was too late. 36 minutes for 5-dragon endgame push.

For the most part TSM keeps not having lanes pushed either, so even the minions aren't helping them pressure objectives. They may occasionally get a pickoff kill, but their minions are so far from the turrets that I don't think they can follow up well to get anything off of it.

Blizzard

Banned
I stand corrected, TSM managed to save dragon and a turret.

They didn't get any objectives off the next fight though. Now baron isn't warded and everyone can reset for another chance at a blown teamfight.

...PAUSE STRATS

brian!

this is certainly a game worthy of a mini acoustic imagine dragons performance
strategic pause for ppl to tell their friends to tune in to the stream, im feelin that

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
THIS FUCKING GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Macattk15

This game is fucking crazy ....

TSM can't let them get that 5th dragon or the baron though ...

edit : well shit there goes baron.

inky

I haven't watched LoL in years. Decided to tune in today cus I'm bored...

Not surprised CLG still chokes to TSM.

Top Bottom