• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Blizzard

Banned
Twitch's site seems to be completely down for me right now.

About TSM, I feel like their new ability to actually go after dragons instead of giving them all away for free helped them out.

Love when Riot makes those excellent small films about the players (talking here about the Piglet/Impact video, but also thinking about the road to worlds series). I'd love to see some videos of the Gambit players and how their lives have changed with their time as League pros.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm stressed for piglet

why must my dear koreans suffer

Love when Riot makes those excellent small films about the players (talking here about the Piglet/Impact video, but also thinking about the road to worlds series). I'd love to see some videos of the Gambit players and how their lives have changed with their time as League pros.

yeah that would actually be a pretty great idea

the downfall of gambit is a pretty interesting subject

clemenx

Banned
Dominate autosucks with Piglet it seems.

TiP has been looking amazing to be fair.

They shouldn't be fighting without Kennen ulti.

Blizzard

Banned
TL making questionable plays to make Piglet look bad?
listen up piglet! quas and fenix are gonna uncharacteristically feed for 20 minutes so you can show how much of a carry you are! if you don't solo carry you're back to korea!
Dominate autosucks with Piglet it seems.

TiP has been looking amazing to be fair.

They shouldn't be fighting without Kennen ulti.
so weird how dom seems to tilt when piglet's around
It's a vast conspiracy. :p

All hail the Prophet of Happiness
tip-xwx-2015.jpg

I feel bad for Keith lol

No mercy for washed out players, even champions

Keith will get his chance to shine in the LCS though, no doubt about it

as for the second part, while I may have agreed with you a couple weeks ago, it looks like Piglet has made strides to improve, and the past two games weren't his fault.
Granted, if the team plays that much better with Keith, then that's difficult to argue, but it's a shitty situation either way.

clemenx

Banned
I don't feel bad for anyone but TL needs to find a plan for when Dom doesn't Dominate (lol) they look too lost whenever he gets behind. And probably stop worrying about the ADC position.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel bad for Keith lol

No mercy for washed out players, even champions
nothing to do with how piglet played tho, feels like all of liquid was off, which can be cos they're not comfortable playing with him, but that's not his fault, at least not entirely

and there's a lot of questionable things like fenix rushing a maw last game that have nothing to do with chemistry or anything, just players playing bad

if they're gonna be a shit team with piglet they should probably just replace him but it doesn't mean he's washed out (him being bad in korea does), it just means there's no chemistry with his team

like, impact was pretty underwhelming in korea too before he moved to na, but he seems to be in synch with his team, or at least his team is in synch with him

but in any case, if team liquid is gonna keep losing they should probably get keith back. i'm guessing they're gonna have to make good use of the iem break to get themselves making sense

zkylon

zkylewd
CLG is really good at winning fast.
yeah, clg's early game is easily the best in the west

To be fair only the low middle-low tier teams have picked him so far.
i kinda agree with montecristo that viktor is probably not that great of a pick and that kuro might be playing him because he doesn't want to give up anything for iem

not saying viktor's bad, but that maybe teams are tunneling on him maybe not for the bestest of reasons

Blizzard

Banned
Ghost with the lowest fantasy team score this week. Newt with the 4-0 streak after starting 0-3.

War...has changed.

(Unfortunately I have to face Ghost next week so I have probably jinxed myself.)

Leezard

yeah, clg's early game is easily the best in the west

i kinda agree with montecristo that viktor is probably not that great of a pick and that kuro might be playing him because he doesn't want to give up anything for iem

not saying viktor's bad, but that maybe teams are tunneling on him maybe not for the bestest of reasons

Kuro's definitely baiting out bans, but even if Viktor is not OP, he's proven to be a strong pick. It's not only Kuro that plays him with sucess after all. The low-tier NA teams might not understand when or why he is strong; they're tunneling on him for the wrong reasons as you say.

Remember Swift? The guy who jungled for CJ Frost after impressing as a rookie for Xenics Storm? Well, the team he plays for in China, Qiao Gu, has just beaten OMG 3-2, coming from 2-1 down, in the Demacia Cup knockout competition (a LAN played over several months). Qiao Gu is coached by Hiro, formerly coach of WE and successful player for KT and NaJin. Apparently their mid laner is a Korean called BoriSal, but the player was named Doinb in the matches (so I've no idea if it's him who's playing or a Chinese replacement/sub). Whoever he was, he played out of his mind on Azir to pull back game 4 (I am usually conservative in my praise, but the things he did to turn that game were mindblowing), and went with Katarina in the decisive game 5 (though Swift's early ganks and deep vision were probably the most important factors in their snowballed victory). Their support is Mor, of LMQ fame.

They are on course to qualify for the LPL next split, having already qualified for the LSPL playoffs as one of the strongest performers. The depth of competition in China is unmatched anywhere in the world, and though that's not surprising given their playerbase and financial resources, it's still quite a sight.

zkylon

zkylewd
Remember Swift? The guy who jungled for CJ Frost after impressing as a rookie for Xenics Storm? Well, the team he plays for in China, Qiao Gu, has just beaten OMG 3-2, coming from 2-1 down, in the Demacia Cup knockout competition (a LAN played over several months). Qiao Gu is coached by Hiro, formerly coach of WE and successful player for KT and NaJin. Apparently their mid laner is a Korean called BoriSal, but the player was named Doinb in the matches (so I've no idea if it's him who's playing or a Chinese replacement/sub). Whoever he was, he played out of his mind on Azir to pull back game 4 (I am usually conservative in my praise, but the things he did to turn that game were mindblowing), and went with Katarina in the decisive game 5 (though Swift's early ganks and deep vision were probably the most important factors in their snowballed victory). Their support is Mor, of LMQ fame.

They are on course to qualify for the LPL next split, having already qualified for the LSPL playoffs as one of the strongest performers. The depth of competition in China is unmatched anywhere in the world, and though that's not surprising given their playerbase and financial resources, it's still quite a sight.

do u have a vod?

i've wanted to see pros rock the azir for a while and even when faker played him it was super bad lol

Edwardo

IEM Katowice - March 12th-15th

Participants
  • Team WE (Intel Extreme Masters Shenzhen)
  • Cloud 9 (Intel Extreme Masters San Jose)
  • Gambit Gaming (Intel Extreme Masters Cologne)
  • yoe Flash Wolves (Intel Extreme Masters Taipei)
  • GE Tigers (first place LCK team)
  • CJ Entus (second place LCK team)
  • SK Gaming (first place EU LCS)
  • TSM (first place NA LCS)

Rules
  • Double Elimination Groupstage - Top 2 advance to Semifinals
  • Single elimination "K.O." bracket
  • Semifinals are being played Best of 3
  • Finals Best of 5

t1426248000z1.png

Day 1
pLGCVv1.png

GDISkxD.png

dPV4TFy.png

qo3xkok.png

Makareu

Because of the BO1 format I hope there wont be too many lv1 gamble / all in.
Even if it is probably the best choice for C9 against GE .

Top Bottom