• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Einbroch

Banned
i would like to see those stats for korea, teams that know how to close out leads do great things with corki, and pro games are often over before the 25m anyways

50% on the dot.

So, basically, a champion is good if <.001% of people can play him decently while 99.999% of the population have subpar success with him? I mean, if that's your definition of good, then I guess he's decent.

Newt

50% on the dot.

So, basically, a champion is good if <.001% of people can play him decently while 99.999% of the population pretty much suck with him? I mean, if that's your definition of good, then I guess he's decent.
You don't really have an argument here. Like sure, if you're arguing against some situational pick you might have a point, but Corki has been a staple for the entire season.

zkylon

zkylewd
50% on the dot.

So, basically, a champion is good if <.001% of people can play him decently while 99.999% of the population pretty much suck with him? I mean, if that's your definition of good, then I guess he's decent.
where do you get the info from? it always takes me forever to get competitive champion stats

Leezard

What a poor showing by C9. They make so many simple mistakes in the game against GET, and then throw against YFW.

The game against GET was just ridiculous.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah the Leaguepedia site sucks to navigate.\

Here's Korea. I swear it's easier to Google it than actually use the page! :p
yeah, leaguepedia is super awkward

i dunno about corki, there's something that could be said about him being overrated competitively, but i dunno how much winrate only says since team comps and which teams have good and bad winrates with him are also important. he seems to have the best kda out of any adc at least, and he has almost twice as many games as sivir who's second most picked

but yeah it's not like solo queue and it's not like he has a really crazy number like rengar in na that had like 9% winrate while he was at like 70% and permaban in korea

garath

Gambit starting to play pretty bad.

If only Gambit had a tank. They'd have a distinct advantage. The damage Jarvan just isn't doing it.

Those teamfights at the end were pretty horribly done, there were pretty cool team comp both sides and cj just held out for kog to carry this.

also lmao at this monte hate, im sorry he's not sugarcoating this.

Noshino

reality has a korean bias

NA/EU fans dont understand this

People get so salty when Monte casts korean teams in these tourneys lol.

He didn't say anything wrong. GMB was on a timer.

Those teamfights at the end were pretty horribly done, there were pretty cool team comp both sides and cj just held out for kog to carry this.

also lmao at this monte hate, im sorry he's not sugarcoating this.

Yup, if there is something good about Jatt, Deficio, and Montecristo is that they don't sugarcoat things.

They'll mention both the good and the bad. SPECIALLY the bad.

HanaChie

Banned
Actually I thought Gambit have played pretty well. I'm not that sad about them loosing to be honest, or even if they'll go out, because Cloud 9 is already out too lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
its like

i'm sorry you don't watch regions outside of your own, but Juggermaw has been a very real and legit team comp for a while in Korea now, anybody who pays even a little amount of attention to the korean scene would understand this.

and realize, this wasn't even GE tigers doing it. Juggermaw is their SPECIALTY. You can tell the people who have no idea what they're talking about on reddit when they call it a "protect the kogmaw" comp. They're two different things.

Actually I thought Gambit have played pretty well. I'm not that sad about them loosing to be honest, or even if they'll go out, because Cloud 9 is already out too lol.

They played like trash. They were an extremely midgame orientated comp vs a late game orientated comp, they had a strong lead, but didn't do anything to force their hand.

Edwardo

TSM Time!

WZs9YVi.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i thought gambit played pretty bad, cj was in control the whole game

one or two ambition kills too much from a super clean game for cj <3

Noshino

its like

i'm sorry you don't watch regions outside of your own, but Juggermaw has been a very real and legit team comp for a while in Korea now, anybody who pays even a little amount of attention to the korean scene would understand this.

and realize, this wasn't even GE tigers doing it. Juggermaw is their SPECIALTY. You can tell the people who have no idea what they're talking about on reddit when they call it a "protect the kogmaw" comp. They're two different things.

2 big mistakes that could've been EASILY taken care of at champ select:

- Ban/take the Lulu

if not, then

- Ban/take the Kog'ma

given them both is the stupidest move I've seen in this tourney thus far

Nekofrog

Banned
the thing that blows my mind is that the Juggermaw strat is the type of strat ANY team could come up with, from ANY region, if they would think strategically in terms of compositions and timings within the game

every GOOD team should be able to think macro like this.

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing that blows my mind is that the Juggermaw strat is the type of strat ANY team could come up with, from ANY region, if they would think strategically in terms of compositions and timings within the game

every GOOD team should be able to think macro like this.

most teams too busy copying korea?

Nekofrog

Banned
i mean at the very least, a days worth of research would have shown that not even other korean teams have figured out entirely how to break the Juggermaw strat (at least when GE is running it).

the Juggermaw strats REAL weakness is not anywhere in its composition; it's in its execution. It takes an incredible amount of communication and situational awareness between the carry, toplaner, and support to pull off.

Ambition

its like

They played like trash. They were an extremely midgame orientated comp vs a late game orientated comp, they had a strong lead, but didn't do anything to force their hand.

Yeah, it's the first time i've seen and man does it look strong

Blizzard

Banned
I looked at a reddit thread but I'm still not clear on the difference between "protect the kogmaw" and "juggermaw". More supports with shields?

Leezard

I looked at a reddit thread but I'm still not clear on the difference between "protect the kogmaw" and "juggermaw". More supports with shields?

The way the casters explained it, protect the kog protects the kog with a frontline. Juggermaw makes Kogmaw the frontline.

I'm sure Neko can explain it better though.

Top Bottom