• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Ambition

Renekton got melted!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Blizzard

Banned
I'm confused. People are talking about CLG like they already played, but I don't see any match result or stats recorded in the schedule yet.

C9 and Gravity are scheduled to play at about 6 p.m. EST, and it's 6:25 with no game. Are they running late?

Omnicent

Wowzers Xpecial with passive agressive jabs towards Keith at the desk

my thoughts as well lol

I'm confused. People are talking about CLG like they already played, but I don't see any match result or stats recorded in the schedule yet.

C9 and Gravity are scheduled to play at about 6 p.m. EST, and it's 6:25 with no game. Are they running late?

CLG vs liquid just finished not to long ago.

Blizzard

Banned
CLG vs liquid just finished not to long ago.
I assume TL won, but neither the schedule nor the fantasy site has updated.

The schedule site was showing scores on the schedule, but now it's not doing that after I refresh, even with spoilers turned off. I have to click on individual games to see the result (and again, CLG vs. TL has no result).

Omnicent

I assume TL won, but neither the schedule nor the fantasy site has updated.

The schedule site was showing scores on the schedule, but now it's not doing that after I refresh, even with spoilers turned off. I have to click on individual games to see the result (and again, CLG vs. TL has no result).

Probably takes time for it to be updated. C9 vs Gravity is about to start (and yeah TL wrecked)

YomommaZ

Aphro also kept them in the game today with a few magic blitz grabs, otherwise they would get steamrolled to the fountain 10 minutes earlier.

Damn if I was Keith I would definitely knock a tooth or 2 out of that Xpecial head right before commercials. Now I'm hoping Piglet gets destroyed by a fucking maplestreet when he arrives :D

Talents

Banned
For some reason the fantasy LCS site is only displaying the points that Aphromoo got me today and not the points from yesterday, why's this? Apparently he's only gotten me 9 points even though he got like 20 yesterday.

Blizzard

Banned
For some reason the fantasy LCS site is only displaying the points that Aphromoo got me today and not the points from yesterday, why's this? Apparently he's only gotten me 9 points even though he got like 20 yesterday.
Aphromoo is showing up as 34.19 points final for me, through two games. I thought he might have had that before the game today so I'm not sure.

I also thought most of Newt's players were done but apparently I'm about to get destroyed even though Newt was so far down and Neko was mocking them for it. :( It's all down to TSM for me.

Hai not playing well
C9 not punishing them more for just letting them walk around taking towers when they are losing hard
Gravity picking a damage comp

Blizzard

Banned
They should just add +1 hour to the schedule site and call it a day. The T8 vs. TSM game will be starting right about 50 minutes late.

Blizzard

Banned
Dyrus is ruining my fantasy team stats with this Gnar vs. Irelia performance.

The most amusing or unfortunate thing about it is, didn't Dyrus just play Irelia vs. Gnar in the first game, and end up down 2+ levels and a ton of CS?

Now Dyrus is down 1-2 levels, some CS, and has 2 deaths, but the matchup is reversed. Granted I haven't been paying attention the whole time so maybe junglers helped a lot.

Edwardo

Lol calitrlolz is goin ham

The most amusing or unfortunate thing about it is, didn't Dyrus just play Irelia vs. Gnar in the first game, and end up down 2+ levels and a ton of CS?

Now Dyrus is down 1-2 levels, some CS, and has 2 deaths, but the matchup is reversed. Granted I haven't been paying attention the whole time so maybe junglers helped a lot.

Yea Nocturne spent a lot of time up top.

ShdwDrake

Banned

Its not about Dyrus. Its about the junglers and T8s jungle is winning.

y2dvd

So how many matches usually takes place per day and how long does it last? I was trying to watch some yesterday and the downtime in between matches is so long. I know changing set ups can take awhile but they gotta make it more quick and seamless. There's always technical difficulties too during match. I also understand and like the professionalism they are trying with the broadcasters by making them dress sharp, but they all got the same fashion. Let these guys a little loose!

Edwardo

So how many matches usually takes place per day and how long does it last? I was trying to watch some yesterday and the downtime in between matches is so long. I know changing set ups can take awhile but they gotta make it more quick and seamless. There's always technical difficulties too during match. I also understand and like the professionalism they are trying with the broadcasters by making them dress sharp, but they all got the same fashion. Let these guys a little loose!

It's 5 each day for the lcs. They're definitely spending more time this season doing analysis between games.

Puaru1

I like that they are dressed up, makes it classier. Look at this shit on RAW:

Jerry-Lawler-Michael-Cole.jpg

Gee Jerry, I guess thank you for bothering to put on pants?

Leezard

Watching the vods, I dunno what's up with C9, but Hai and Meteos both seem lackluster. Hai misses just about every Ori ult while Meteos is the most passive Rek'sai I've ever seen.

C9 still got a decent objective game, but their team fight looks way too weak considering they got great champs for a protect the kog comp. Doing a protect the kog comp might have been a mistake, though.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a couple of weak links, but overall I'm pretty happy with the first week results, especially since I had very little idea what I was doing.

week1feaaj.png

Edwardo

Watching the vods, I dunno what's up with C9, but Hai and Meteos both seem lackluster. Hai misses just about every Ori ult while Meteos is the most passive Rek'sai I've ever seen.

C9 still got a decent objective game, but their team fight looks way too weak considering they got great champs for a protect the kog comp. Doing a protect the kog comp might have been a mistake, though.

Ya Hai was very lackluster, and I don't really know what Meteos was doing half the time. Hai didn't even use Zhonyas in some of the fights. Just a bad showing from C9. I can't see them not turning it around though.

I was watching Voyboy's stream last night and he sees the standings after week one. He goes, "Oh my former team is in first place.. But that's ok though because Cloud 9 is just going to bounce back anyways."

Team Liquid played really well over the weekend. IWillDominate came out strong.

I was surprised with the last game of the day Team 8 went all out aggressive against TSM. CaliTrlolz(Irelia) got Porpoise(Nocturne) to camp Dyrus(Gnar) and they just went ham all game from there. Just constant aggression all over the map, making people blow flashes and ults. It was really fun to watch. (Well probably not if you're a TSM fan lol.)

Top Bottom