• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Leezard

Ya Hai was very lackluster, and I don't really know what Meteos was doing half the time. Hai didn't even use Zhonyas in some of the fights. Just a bad showing from C9. I can't see them not turning it around though.

I was watching Voyboy's stream last night and he sees the standings after week one. He goes, "Oh my former team is in first place.. But that's ok though because Cloud 9 is just going to bounce back anyways."

Team Liquid played really well over the weekend. IWillDominate came out strong.

I was surprised with the last game of the day Team 8 went all out aggressive against TSM. CaliTrlolz(Irelia) got Porpoise(Nocturne) to camp Dyrus(Gnar) and they just went ham all game from there. Just constant aggression all over the map, making people blow flashes and ults. It was really fun to watch. (Well probably not if you're a TSM fan lol.)
Indeed, I can't imagine them not bouncing back. They typically come up with intelligent strategies.

TomShoe

Banned
When does challenger series start?

This is the first time I've been interested in Challenger Series. Origen hype!

My bad, 5 days a week. The Challenger show will be on Wednesday, I guess they're broadcasting 6 games (12 teams between NA + EU) that day.

Qualifiers are going on now (end Feb 4th), the actual season starts Feb. 17th.

Some notable teams:

- Fusion
- Final 5 (Rhux's Team)
- Enemy Esports (I thought InnoX retired)
- Team Liquid Academy
- CLG Black
- Cloud9 G2A

EU:

- n!faculty
- Reason Gaming
- SK Prime
- Gamers2 (Ocelote lives)
- Origen (xPeke)

Blizzard

Banned
I'm sensing some uncertainty.

lcs_swapse4uhy.png

As one of those who signed Cali's petition to get him to play a season of LCS, very happy to see him lead T8 to victory over TSM. Hope they do well.

With this season being shortened to 18 games, upset victories are a bit more important than they used to be. C9 play Liquid and CLG next week - if they lose both they face the prospect of being winless and dead last after almost a quarter of the split.

I think SK will be very hard to topple in EU this season. I think Fox will do at least as well as Jesiz and I expect Forgiven/nRated to dismantle a lot of their opposition. Elements could do it, but they need to change their approach, and I'm not sure they can with both Froggen and Rekkles. I suppose if the meta game changes to reward slow, careful play they might.

zkylon

zkylewd
well i didnt get to draft because my building went dark when they drafted

so as far as im concerned that one doesnt exist

YomommaZ

Yeah they are easily the worst Champions team now. That's what happens when u let go 2 full rosters of best players in the world...

IM v Jin Air was a surprisingly great series. Bit slow in game 2, but built to an incredible ending in a close, topsy-turvy game 3. Big plays by GBM, Wisdom and Lil4c.

Edwardo

IM v Jin Air was a surprisingly great series. Bit slow in game 2, but built to an incredible ending in a close, topsy-turvy game 3. Big plays by GBM, Wisdom and Lil4c.

Nice I might watch it when I finally get out of bed. I turned it on when I went to bed, but fell asleep just as it started.

Edwardo

EU LCS - Week 2 - Day 1

t1422550800z1.png

H2k vs Meet Your Makers
Unicorns of Love vs Giants Gaming
Fnatic vs Roccat
SK Gaming vs Gambit Gaming
Elements vs Copenhagen Wolves

clemenx

Banned
MyM's looking like a wasted spot, seems they will will have trouble winning a single game. Sucks what happened with Selfie :/

Blizzard

Banned
I just tuned in to root for Werlyb. I benched Dyrus since Werlyb did so well the first week.

As soon as I started watching, Werlyb teleported in late to die and lose a tower. ;_; Looks like GIA is in bad shape.

Blizzard

Banned
If Werlyb dies again I may get a NEGATIVE fantasy score by the time this one is over, lol.

*edit* There it is, 0/3/2 before 17 minutes. Not negative yet though. *edit* 0/4/2!

Blizzard

Banned
Giants went all in with full-tank Maokai ult. Didn't kill a single thing. Looks like game ends 21-5 unless UOL is going to prolong it for fun.

*edit* GIA has 0 towers in 28 minutes too. That's impressive.

Top Bottom