• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

That was a great watch. Febiven's "hold, hold, shoot" double-kill on Woolite/Jankos will get played 50 times and still be awesome. Reign Over saving the game for Fnatic after it looked like Roccat's Trist-stall had got to boiling point was impressive. Yellowstar and his boys march on, 3-0.

Lot of funny mistakes too - Fnatic's horrible top lane dive, Jankos' Flash, Huni dying to Gromp.

Can MYM go 0-18? Probably not but they might do worse than they did with the old Czaru roster - 29% winrate, 8-20. H2K destroyed them, and they didn't do much of anything in week 1.

clemenx

Banned
Dying to gromp was a strategy. Takes less time at that point to die and teleport than to back to fountain and recover.

ROC Tabzz pls. Woolite can't even position with a late game Tristana.

Blizzard

Banned
RIP Summons.

edit: maybe not...
I'm almost certainly losing this time. The first week I was the highest in the league with around 250 points. If FNC has another game with similar scores, Ghost will have about 280 points from THEM ALONE, plus a few points from a reserve player for padding.

Dying to gromp was a strategy. Takes less time at that point to die and teleport than to back to fountain and recover.

It wasn't - he had no experience when he respawned and started his lane a level behind his opponent. I went back and double checked.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really like quickshot this season, i feel like he made a couple changes to his style of casting that made him really entertaining

clemenx

Banned
I don't dislike what Deficio says but his voice is very sleep inducing. Not really his fault though. I guess that will take some time to improve as he's not a native english speaker.

They should get a 2nd Color Caster. Quickshot and the other guy are making a fine job doing the play by play.

YomommaZ

I really like SKT Jax doing dat boink boink boink all game :D

EDIT - Wow I hope Nyph was taking some notes on how to play Leona. Yolostar with the godly Zenith Blades that followed the enemy dashing away 4 or 5 times and pinpoint ults when they were needed to stun or zone. Incredible!

I thought Jax was cool to see. Hasn't been ran much since his nerfs. His splitpush was effective, but Yellowstar knew exactly what to do - hard engage over and over before Gambit could use him to build map pressure, letting Rumble stay with his team and teamfight/zone control. Needed to ban his Leona to run him I think. Good match. Fnatic 4-0.

Blizzard

Banned
Ghost with the 336.08 points on the week from the FNC fantasy team. That's going to be hard to top the rest of the season, let alone this week.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 2 - Day 1

t1422734400z1.png

Gravity vs Team Dignitas
Team 8 vs Team Coast
Cloud 9 vs Team Liquid
Team Impulse vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team SoloMid vs Winterfox

Do you think they actually get through to Worlds at this rate? That's quite optimistic.

Even if you take it as read that SK and Fnatic are better than them and will qualify first and second (I wouldn't be so sure), who else is going to beat them? They already have wins over UoL and Roccat and are on their own in third, despite average/poor performances. Their collective experience should hold them in good stead in playoff scenarios, especially against the newbie teams and players.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, Europe has disappointed. The top 3 is pretty set. Roccat can get into that group if they manage to improve. UOL as well but a bit of a longer shot.

The teams after that top 5 look shit. I hope at least Origen manages to be the real deal for the summer split.

This article is just sad http://www.ongamers.com/articles/top-10-players-who-will-miss-the-eu-lcs-spring-spl/1100-2427/ most of these players should be on LCS no questions asked.

I don't think NA looks better either. Only TL made strides on improving. C9 ceiling has already happened imo and TSM is basically the same. Dig and CLG are probably worse.

Leezard

Even if you take it as read that SK and Fnatic are better than them and will qualify first and second (I wouldn't be so sure), who else is going to beat them? They already have wins over UoL and Roccat and are on their own in third, despite average/poor performances. Their collective experience should hold them in good stead in playoff scenarios, especially against the newbie teams and players.

You put up a good argument. It does look like there are no serious contenders outside UoL and Roccat. We would need some larger power shifts between spring split and summer split.

Opiate

That Copenhagen Wolves vs. Meet Your Makers game in particular yesterday was dreadful. Poorly played, slow, even the winning team wasn't smiling. No one enjoyed that game. The only enjoyable thing for me so far in EU is that Rekkles left Fnatic for Alliance and now Fnatic may be better than Alliance anyway. He left the number 2 team to join the number 1 team, only to have the number 1 team become the number 2 (or even number 3) team.

Edwardo

That Copenhagen Wolves vs. Meet Your Makers game in particular yesterday was dreadful. Poorly played, slow, even the winning team wasn't smiling. No one enjoyed that game.

Ya both of those teams have been underwhelming. Their matches are just a pain to watch.

The CW v MYM match was very reminiscent of a lot of S3 EU LCS Spring Split matches between Dragonborns, Giants and aAa (oh god, especially aAa when they ran Lux) back in the later stages of S3. Slow, heavy wave clear, no pressure exerted at all, one mistake at 30-40 minutes ends the game as a contest. Very few of those players stayed in the LCS for long after that season ended. Would be very worried of I was involved with either CW or MYM after yesterday's game - big improvements need to be made, and fast.

FireSol

This article is just sad http://www.ongamers.com/articles/top-10-players-who-will-miss-the-eu-lcs-spring-spl/1100-2427/ most of these players should be on LCS no questions asked.

Sad article...about Genga and Gambit, the team have lots inner problems and the main one was that organisation didn't knew what to do with team, no coach, no gaming house, etc and now the team is pay the price. I hope Leviathan will help them, but Im not sure that some players will listen him
BUT the person I miss most is Darien.

Noshino

Oh man, EU is so much fun. ROC had such a tough week. And despite being the underdogs, they actually put up a fight.

In NA, TL is the one with the tough match ups this week. Should be interesting to see how they do.

Yeah, Europe has disappointed. The top 3 is pretty set. Roccat can get into that group if they manage to improve. UOL as well but a bit of a longer shot.

The teams after that top 5 look shit. I hope at least Origen manages to be the real deal for the summer split.

I don't think NA looks better either. Only TL made strides on improving. C9 ceiling has already happened imo and TSM is basically the same. Dig and CLG are probably worse.

actually the only players that should be missed are Creaton, xPeke, and Tabzz. The rest are okay at best really.

Tabzz is available, but I don't know how likely Creaton is to join a team though given that he is now working for some YT channel. Hopefully he comes back to LCS, kid had a lot of talent.

Top Bottom