• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
You mean there won't be a fixed, go-to path for ADCs? That itemization won't be based on automated preset decisions anymore? I don't believe it.
this is yet to be seen, but all the changes sound great

i'm kind of curious what removing green wards mean. like, yellow trinket is two wards now, but i tend to get red trinket midlane, does it mean i can't ward at all aside from the one pink? not sure if that's bad but it's weird

also quinn sounds like a really cool mid now

Kenai

Cmon Riot. I'm not that worried yet, but I'm worried. Impure Shots gone for raw dmg and bonus damage on target switching and good ult scaling/critting are all great but that E, That E? That E has been needing to change for soooooooooo long. It's soooooooo bad as-is.

Tell me they won't let Miss Fortune's garbage E remain untouched yet again Lord Costy. Plz Q_Q

zkylon

zkylewd
also interesting that there seems to be no mechanics changes to crit, but lots of champions and items seem to have added mechanics themselves around crit

so it could be that rito's phasing it out as just an extra scaling stats for adcs

zkylon

zkylewd
Cmon Riot. I'm not that worried yet, but I'm worried. Impure Shots gone for raw dmg and bonus damage on target switching and good ult scaling/critting are all great but that E, That E? That E has been needing to change for soooooooooo long. It's soooooooo bad as-is.

Tell me they won't let Miss Fortune's garbage E remain untouched yet again Lord Costy. Plz Q_Q

yea i dunno if i hate e so much but i feel like keeping old w was a missed opportunity since that spell is super boring

kenbo

Caitlyn, the Tower Sieger
Miss Fortune, the Wombo Comboer
Corki, the Mage
Graves, the Melee Bruiser
Kogmaw, the On Hit Artillery
Quinn, the Split-Pusher

afaik her E is still the same. May be balance changes, but I don't think so. It's still an AoE slow field.

Kenai

yea i dunno if i hate e so much but i feel like keeping old w was a missed opportunity since that spell is super boring

Well it's a steroid which isn't super rare and the Love Tap passivle is pretty neat so I will deal with that.

But the E going through so many earlier Miss Fortune changes and staying untouched the whole time made me pretty sad before.

The high mana cost, the clunky channel time, the pitiful damage, it just a garbage skill.

I mean I guess you can check bushes with it? lol :(

Edit:

afaik her E is still the same. May be balance changes, but I don't think so. It's still an AoE slow field.

Q_Q.

Well, I guess the slow field itself isn't a bad thing, it's...everything else.

The channel time to cast it makes it useless for peeling and questionable for catching a runner outside just continuing to run or autoattack (especially with Strut cause if they catch you gg), the mana cost (80! mana at rank 1 on an ADC) and it only scales with AP.

I'm really not asking it to be OP, just worth casting if I'm not building AP Mage on her. or heard a nearby rustling shrub. I don't even understand what the point of her having it is, that's how bad I think the skill is.

Well it's a steroid which isn't super rare and the Love Tap passivle is pretty neat so I will deal with that.

But the E going through so many earlier Miss Fortune changes and staying untouched the whole time made me pretty sad before.

The high mana cost, the clunky channel time, the pitiful damage, it just a garbage skill.

well it's really useful in a team fight. A 40-60% AoE slow while she's ulting you and critting your face off is pretty nice. It's not meant to be spammed or used for damage. It's a utility spell.

zkylon

zkylewd

they mention they upped the range a bit to set up ults easier or something

also i find steroids to be kind of boring in general. like kog's w is fun cos it changes his range so it feels pretty different to play, but just pressing w and having bigger stats feels kind of boring to me

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope there's something for mids in this preseason tho

i mean the mid season itemization update was alright but now i'm kind of jealous

what if

when mid players got to mid

there was a bear

and you could coax the bear into letting it be your mount

and you can run over people

Riot get on it

clemenx

Banned
Make It Rain is fine now as a 1 point wonder with the increased slow in Rank 1

It was before that it wasn't worthwhile to level it up.

i hope there's something for mids in this preseason tho

i mean the mid season itemization update was alright but now i'm kind of jealous
You'll get the TP nerf and you'll like it

It's my time to get new shit to play with, don't try and steal my sparkle, you're already getting one of the champions I was looking forward to damn it

I wonder if the new Thunderlord's Decree mastery will get proced by the second auto from Lucian's passive. If it does then Q auto with TriForce would do so much burst damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
You'll get the TP nerf and you'll like it

It's my time to get new shit to play with, don't try and steal my sparkle, you're already getting one of the champions I was looking forward to damn it

has there anything be said about tp nerf already tho?

i swear all these 4 tp ranked 5s games are crushing my soul

So mastery system in terms of getting points is the same as before. 1 per summoner level. Point distribution is obviously changing, but yeah.
that's lame for new players, i guess, but changing the leveling system was probably out of scope for preseason

but leveling should go away, it's such an outdated system

subtles

Top got all of the reworks.

But half the champions are banned. :eek:

I really wanted to spend time with the new Fiora, too.

I need to learn the timeless Gnar as I need a safe tank in my arsenal.

tumblr_nlj4cytQUZ1sdk5d7o1_500.gif

Usn59uq.gif

It's ADCs time to shine!

I just hope Jayce gets some love. Oh, and that Riven/Talon/Renekton don't ruin it for you.

P - Get Excited!
Can now chain together and stack, increasing Total Attack Speed by 15% per stack (Movement Speed portion does not stack)
Duration increased 4 >>> 6
I love this lol

And itemization changes nonwithstanding, Trist got fucked

Kenai

well it's really useful in a team fight. A 40-60% AoE slow while she's ulting you and critting your face off is pretty nice. It's not meant to be spammed or used for damage. It's a utility spell.

Well the thing is usually a non escape ADC like MF is gonna get dove on and people aren't just gonna stand in the slow. She also has to get pretty close to use it so she's usually within "diving" or "charging" distance by the the time you channel, especially since she has to stand still/stop autoing to use it. It's not like Kog where he turrets but has a lot of extra range or Varus or Draven with their hard CC.

I'm just trying to weigh in the cost of using the slow vs just continuing to attack or use Q and I don't see it. Most assassins and even fighters i see in play are mobile enough to just move out of the zone before even being bothered by it. Versus continuing to auto and hopefully getting quick peel/finishing them before they finish you.

they mention they upped the range a bit to set up ults easier or something

also i find steroids to be kind of boring in general. like kog's w is fun cos it changes his range so it feels pretty different to play, but just pressing w and having bigger stats feels kind of boring to me

Oh I didn't know about the range boost. Well if it's somewhat farther than her autoattack range then that *is* a (admittedly situational) use, but at least a real use.

I also don't disagree, but we have Triist with the same thing without even bothering to attach on an interesting passive, and a couple other champs where a slot is literally a passive with no button to even press to interact with it (Teemo and Vayne). It could be worse but I agree most newer champs have more interesting buttons.

zkylon

zkylewd
I love this lol

And itemization changes nonwithstanding, Trist got fucked

trist had lots of dumb spell interaction mechanics removed that never made much sense for me

also i bet the new items will make varus a monster midlane

but i just wanna play quinn mid, if her q is now effective waveclear i think she'll be pretty fun

Make it Rain will be shit for as long as MF can't use it while moving, that is unless Riot goes full bananas with the balance like making it do a silly amount of damage or increasing the slow to Karthus wall levels.

Luckily MF being good or not doesn't hang on her E. It can be shit for all I care as long as the rest of her kit is bitchin'

kenbo

I was confused, maybe somebody else was too.

Other changes to marksmen here:
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.c...ller-522-marksmen-changes-pbe-feedback-thread

Ashe
P - Frost Shot
Base slow reduced 5/11/17/23/29/35% >>> 5/9/13/17/21/25%
Dealing bonus damage via Frost Shot no longer counts as a Critical Strike (bonus damage unchanged)
Ashe’s Critical Strikes (which once again happen only by chance per all other characters) deal only 1.0 Total AD (as opposed to 2.0 standard), but they apply Frost Shot’s slow at double effectiveness (10/18/26/34/42/50%), decaying to the base amount over the duration of the slow
Q - Ranger's Focus
Slow amplification removed
Can no longer be cast at less than 5 stacks, and passive Focus no longer stacks while the active component is running
Passive no longer stacks with Volley and Enchanted Crystal Arrow
Cooldown removed

Draven
Base Stats
Attack frame improved by 30%
Attack Speed per level reduced to 1.5 from 2.7
Basic attack missile speed reduced to 1600 from 1700

Ezreal
Q - Mystic Shot
Cooldown reducing effect increased 1.0 >>> 1.5 seconds
Cooldown increased 6.0/5.5/5.0/4.5/4.0 >>> 6.5/6.0/5.5/5.0/4.5
E - Arcane Shift
Cooldown increased at later ranks 19/17/15/13/11 >>> 19.0/17.5/16.0/14.5/13.0

Jinx
P - Get Excited!
Can now chain together and stack, increasing Total Attack Speed by 15% per stack (Movement Speed portion does not stack)
Duration increased 4 >>> 6
Q - Switcheroo!
Jinx now has -15% Total Attack Speed while using Fishbones

Kalista
Base Stats
Base AS increased 0.658 -> 0.694
AS per level reduced 3.3% -> 2.8%
P - Martial Poise
Jump distance scales with boot tier (as live), jump speed now only scales with AS/Slows (is slower early game but scales up).

Lucian
R - The Culling
No longer scales with Attack Speed
Now fires 20/25/30 bullets based on rank

Sivir
Base Stats
Base Attack Speed reduced 0.66 >>> 0.625
W - Ricochet
Cooldown now begins on spell cast rather than when the attack buff expires
Cooldown increased 9/8/7/6/5 seconds >>> 12/10.5/9/7.5/6
Attack buff duration reduced 6 >>> 4

Tristana
Q - Rapid Fire
No longer reduces [E] CD on hit while active
Attacking [E] Target no longer reduces [Q] CD on hit.
CD 20s -> 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16s
W - Rocket Jump
Dmg Rescaled 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 / 180 -> 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260
No longer deals increased damage per [E] stack
Now also resets on Max stack [E] Detonation on Champions
E - Explosive Charge
Now detonates instantly on 4th stack. Bomb Animation shifted to represent this.
Tristana’s abilities also add [E] stacks.
Missile Speed 1800 -> 2400

Twitch
Q - Ambush
Added: Cooldown resets when an enemy champion affected by Deadly Venom dies
Quality of Life Buff: Entering stealth now cancels Twitch's current auto attack order
R - Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat
Buff Duration reduced 7 >>> 5
Casting Rat-Ta-Tat-Tat during Q's stealth no longer cancels stealth
Cost 100/125/150 >>> 100 all ranks

Urgot
R - Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser
No longer adds 60/90/120 Armor/MR
Now adds 30/40/50% Damage Reduction

Varus
R - Chain of Corruption
Now displays max Spread Range to Varus and Enemies if it is spreading to at least one enemy champion.
Rooted targets gain 3 stacks of [W] Blight over the duration of the root.
Damage 150 / 250 / 350 -> 100 / 175 / 250

Vayne
Base Stats
AD/lvl reduced 2.66 >>> 1.66
W - Silver Bolts
Flat Damage removed
Percent Health Damage increased 4/5/6/7/8% >>> 6/7.5/9/10.5/12%
Minimum damage introduced at 40/60/80/100/120 flat damage

Sivir should be a ton of fun with the new Essence Reaver spamming Ricochets

Could it be Newt is actually Genja and he predicted ER Sivir long ago when he was doing that weird-ass build of his? Domoi!

kenbo

I hope the PBE deploy is still en route for today I NEED NUMBERINOS

Technically the champion name is "Quinn and Valor"

Didn't stick for longer than the spotlight

I want PBE just for the itemz

i find it strange that there are so many 'passive' and 'proc' items....

why arent there any actives? I get that ADC is already mechanically intensive but cmon
what about caster ad

Here's your new jungle sustain changes:

Junglers will have a few options. Starting gold's 500, Hunter's Machete costs 350g (as does Hunter's Talisman, an alternate jungle starting item that gives mana and health regen instead of damage on hit and lifesteal). That then leaves 150g which is enough for either 3 health pots or the new mini flask. That's got 2 charges, each of which restores 100 health, at a cost of 150g. It upgrades (combine cost 250g) into a bigger refillable potion called Hunter's Potion, that holds 5 charges of 60 health/35 mana and gains a charge whenever you kill a large jungle monster.

Refillable potion on large monster kills

pretty cool :^)

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope the PBE deploy is still en route for today I NEED NUMBERINOS

rito repertoir said pbe was scheduled for tonight, so hopefully

at least i want to see new dorans ring lol ;_;

Here's your new jungle sustain changes:

Refillable potion on large monster kills

pretty cool :^)
whats the flask for lane tho

cos if that's the same price i guess u can start with that midlane

tho i'm kind of glad they're nerfing flask, you should be able to poke melee champions out mid

the base item is a refillable potion for 150 gold with 2 charges

that can be upgraded into the jungle potion or a different potion which gives more mana sustain and (pretty sure this is the case, haven't seen numbers) will make your spells hit harder in some form.

have fun!

I want PBE just for the itemz

i find it strange that there are so many 'passive' and 'proc' items....

why arent there any actives? I get that ADC is already mechanically intensive but cmon
what about caster ad
Actives are boring for ADC, stuff with charges like Shiv is far more interesting for a role that is always moving and attacking

Also caster AD items would just end up in the hands of shit like Riven and that's no bueno

zkylon

zkylewd
I meant Yoshida. T_T

Vagrant story. Tactics Ogre.

He's my favorite artist, him and Matsuno are my dream team developers.

was trying to get vagrant story to work on emulator last week

impossible ;_;

its ez to counter flask mids. just take flask and tp.
it's not really countering that's an issue, it's that the champions that start flask like fizz and talon can kill you at 6 just as well as if they had a combat item

it's not really a big deal, i just wish that if i'm gonna be harassing a champion for a bunch of minutes any of that stuck :p

the base item is a refillable potion for 150 gold with 2 charges

that can be upgraded into the jungle potion or a different potion which gives more mana sustain and (pretty sure this is the case, haven't seen numbers) will make your spells hit harder in some form.

have fun!
that's weird, but ok

i wonder if you can just start with that item then

kenbo

Actives are boring for ADC, stuff with charges like Shiv is far more interesting for a role that is always moving and attacking

Also caster AD items would just end up in the hands of shit like Riven and that's no bueno

You're no bueno

make it ranged only easy peasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom