• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
the base item is a refillable potion for 150 gold with 2 charges

that can be upgraded into the jungle potion or a different potion which gives more mana sustain and (pretty sure this is the case, haven't seen numbers) will make your spells hit harder in some form.

have fun!
That will nice to have some change at the start of the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're no bueno

make it ranged only easy peasy
i feel like most ranged mids don't need flask tho

like, i always go flask on lebonk but no one else

I take back what I said about mid. T_T

Keep trying Zky ;_;
i kind of gave up. i'd play it if still had my ps2, it's one of those games i've started over like 5 times and could never really get into, but i know one day i'll just work out in my head

kenbo

rito repertoir said pbe was scheduled for tonight, so hopefully

at least i want to see new dorans ring lol ;_;

whats the flask for lane tho

cos if that's the same price i guess u can start with that midlane

tho i'm kind of glad they're nerfing flask, you should be able to poke melee champions out mid

itll probably cost asmuch as the other starting items

itll make your next auto put a dot on the enemy

subtles

I'm down with some Jayce lovin, but I don't think there's anything really bad about him now.

I haven't played him much since the changes, but he is quite strong. I'd just like to see his build path be more flexible, maybe have a playstyle that isn't so heavily reliant on a poking/sieging pattern.

zkylon

zkylewd
itll probably cost asmuch as the other starting items

itll make your next auto put a dot on the enemy
i imagine it'll be like 150g+350g for the upgrade so in lanes u just start with that

dorans will be the low sustain option that'll probably be like 430g or something and maybe a bit better to compensate?

jerd

Pretty sure I'm gonna take a break for a while after the season and let everyone beta test all this stuff then just tell me what to do next year. I don't have the energy for this lol

killatopak

Gold Member
Pretty sure I'm gonna take a break for a while after the season and let everyone beta test all this stuff then just tell me what to do next year. I don't have the energy for this lol

Ehhh. But all of the fun is by discovering stuff. At least that was for me until I started getting a hang of the meta.

Essence reaver feels like an item made for me. I just love cdr. I make it a point that every champ I use has 40%.

jerd

idk preseason is like a featured game mode to me. Super fun at first trying and seeing all the new stuff but its pretty inevitable that some weird combination of the sweeping changes is horrifically broken and soon that's all you'll see.

I will say the idea of an early game top side objective is awesome and will allow junglers to really punish bot lane ganks

drawkcaB

Junglers will have a few options. Starting gold's 500, Hunter's Machete costs 350g (as does Hunter's Talisman, an alternate jungle starting item that gives mana and health regen instead of damage on hit and lifesteal).

Here we go again...

Ferga

I'm going to laugh if machete and talisman just build into the same thing/s.

I'm going to be very surprised if they don't.

Quonny

Varus
R - Chain of Corruption
Now displays max Spread Range to Varus and Enemies if it is spreading to at least one enemy champion.
Rooted targets gain 3 stacks of [W] Blight over the duration of the root.
Damage 150 / 250 / 350 -> 100 / 175 / 250

AP Varus is back boys.

jerd

I'm going to laugh if machete and talisman just build into the same thing/s.

I'm going to be very surprised if they don't.

Idk why they wouldn't since you wouldn't really want your starting item to determine what your jungle item would be for the rest of the game

Maybe i want regen on one jungler and on hit damage on another but want the same final item for both of them

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, Graves is getting some big changes this patch and we're eager to get your feedback on the current direction. Here's a summary of the major changes:

Base Stats
Attack range reduced to 425
Graves' base stats have been adjusted to be similar to a melee champion

P -- New "Destiny"
1. Graves’ attack is a cone of 4 bullets whose AD ratio scales up by 33% over game time. The first bullet does 0.75-1.1 tAD (by level); extra bullets deal 33% of that. Each bullet can apply On Hit Effects, but only once per target. Graves’ crits fire more bullets (8 normally, 10 with Infinity Edge), empowering him at close range to burst a target and long range to deal AoE damage.
2. Graves stores two bullets at any time. After using them, he must reload. Reload has a longer delay and is reduced only slightly by attack speed. Graves’ time between attacks otherwise is reduced dramatically by attack speed.
4. Unlike other basic attacks, Graves’ bullets hit the first unit they collide with.

Q - New "End of the Line"
Graves' basic attack is extremely potent, but he needed a tool to keep ranged opponents from running straight away from him and melee from running straight at him. This is where Graves' new Q, End of the Line shines:
Fires a powder round, dealing low damage in a line before landing on the ground
After ~1 second, this will detonate, dealing high damage along the line from which it fired and in both directions perpendicular to that line.
If the powder round strikes a wall, this detonation is immediate

W
Smoke Screen is an extremely powerful ability. It's hard to appreciate that power partially because you cannot know how much vision it's actually restricting.

Enemies inside Smoke Screen cannot see out, for any reason.
Cooldown increased (20/19/18/17/16 >> 26/24/22/20/18).
Now only slows briefly on impact.
E
Graves needs a lot more defenses to function at the 200-400 range window he now occupies. Quickdraw now gives True Grit's bonus on cast. If you can stretch a fight out, you can stack True Grit up to pretty monumental proportions, making Graves king in long, messy skirmishes.

No longer grants AS. Instead, resets Graves’ AA and gives him 1 shell.
Now grants True Grit (Armor/MR) for 4 seconds. This bonus is extended by striking a non-minion with a basic attack and can be stacked if sustained long enough to reactivate E.
Speaking of reactivating E -- E’s cooldown is reduced by less from autoattacks, but each bullet can trigger this effect.
R
With a closer range pattern, Graves was getting into a lot of sticky situations. To help him deal with that, Collateral Damage now knocks Graves back substantially, creating a potential escape spell for Graves in exigent circumstances. Offensively it incentivizes “execute” usage over Live's more fire-and-forget R.

What's the point of all these changes?

Graves wields an epic-size shotgun. He should feel like he is a classic shotgun figure, with particular emphasis on devastating close range damage.

Graves has struggled for years with being either strictly better or strictly worse than his peer marksmen (Lucian and Corki, for example). Instead of trying to push Graves and Lucian apart, we decided to flesh out Graves' character fantasy to such an extent that he would never feel like a different version of another champion.

Strategically, Graves is empowered against close range opponents, particularly beefy divers who want to get up close and personal with him. He's effective at neutralizing them at the cost of sometimes struggling to output sustained damage against flighty longer range opponents. This makes him the perfect marksman for your team when the enemy _will _engage on you due to having better initiation tools than you have disengage.

hmm

zkylon

zkylewd
gypsylord said:
For me (and I admit I'm very biased) I'm super excited for the usability improvements we've made to the mastery system. Keystones? yeah those are cool. Not hating life when you have to interact with the mastery pages in champs select? Freaking awesome

new client hype

kenbo

new client hype

nope
not gonna happen

he means they made it easier to put in points because each mastery is worth 3 points now

nice lateral problem solving riot! makes decision making more valuable WHILST speeding up mastery allocating
genius

ChrisD

I love that everyone will be in my shoes, confused with what is truly the best thing to buy. Even if only for a week before a new Meta sets in.

zkylon

zkylewd
not me

nothing changed for me

nope
not gonna happen

he means they made it easier to put in points because each mastery is worth 3 points now

nice lateral problem solving riot! makes decision making more valuable WHILST speeding up mastery allocating
genius
u literally told me u were hyped for the new client like 2 days ago -__-

zkylon

zkylewd
Doesn't look like it changed much, swapped 3 mp5 for 50% mana regen.
regen got changed to % base regen instead of flat

5c9983fcdd.png

i told this to xypherous like a billion years ago, for both dorans and blue elixir, dunno why took them so long

but yea feels like mids are gonna just watch everyone else go nuts. not having to run tp every game is gonna be nice tho

edit: well, sheen now gives cdr instead of ap, so i'm guessing it's something of a change for fizz/ekko and also less frequent lich bane users like ahri and viktor and lulu

zkylon

zkylewd
oh had missed mini mejais

C0rny8q.png

i like it, dorans ends up being a farmy more defensive item while this can scale if you can snowball it and doesn't give any defensive stats so the extra healing is gonna be pretty useful

edit: lol!

definitely gonna play with this item, sounds great for leblanc or maybe ahri to double up on the regen

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I do not really understand how Graves is supposed to fight most of the other AD carries but, uh, sure, okay I guess.

idlewild_

regarding graves' auto attack:

Q: The storing two bullets at a time part of the passive is confusing, does this mean that graves can only attack when he has shells? Also is graves Q functioning like a velkoz Q?
A: Correct. You can't fire your shotgun without ammo.

hmm, will have to see what the reload rate is on his passive, but this is going to make getting cs suck

idk

ill have to see his base stats. so far it looks like he's gonna be rushing ER - shiv - lifesteal item and he can dumpster most people in 1v1s because of how bullshit his passive is now.

also u legit won because caitlyn was too dumb to buy a last whisper. i cant believe she bought ghostblade over it.

not trying to be a downer on you.

zkylon

zkylewd
from reading the shadow and fortune stuff i sort of wish captain miss fortune was her default skin now

just fits the personality in her lore much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom