• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's Ryze? I haven't played him in a long time, but I saw a video recently where a half life yas and wukong attacked one, only one level above them both. Ryze ulted and within three seconds both were dead.

What on earth was that dmg?

nbraun80

How's Ryze? I haven't played him in a long time, but I saw a video recently where a half life yas and wukong attacked one, only one level above them both. Ryze ulted and within three seconds both were dead.

What on earth was that dmg?

probably depends when the video was made, bout 4 months ago or so he was super broken, now it's not too bad.

Leezard

Apparently the mastery tree shown before had a mistake. The tier 1 mastery increases spell damage, not ap. I can see it being viable on supports now. It should be nice for all ap and ad casters.

iuZzSFn.png

drawkcaB

10% CDR on TF is pure sex for Xin and Skarner. 20% CDR on IBG hnnnggg.

Man, this preseason is exciting. Definitely going to bring me back.

Hmmm, my standard 10% starting CDR rune sets for jungling seem to be a tad bit fucked now.

Am I reading this right, that last whisper and associated items now only penetrate "bonus armor" or does the description mean that the 40% is a "bonus" (i.e. as is right now).

The Thunderlord mastery being on utility seems weird, going to have to try 12/0/18 Lucian, with his passive I think he could get a lot of mileage out of that.

I also think that TriForce-ER Lucian will be really strong.

20% CDR on IBG will probably be really nice for Blue Ez.

zkylon

zkylewd
would be nice if mids got a keystone to choose from tho

i guess u could go 12-0-18 but losing 7% mpen is just no

also like all the mid items are a lot more expensive for some reason

would be nice if mids got a keystone to choose from tho

i guess u could go 12-0-18 but losing 7% mpen is just no

Yeah, I'm thinking that in it's current state a lot of mids would want to go into utility. Cass would do so well with Thunderlord and I would really like that MS on doing 30% damage on Syndra. The loss of pen would be super rough so I don't know.

zkylon

zkylewd
pbe should be today, hopefully

You have a magic DoT, a passive scaling Shiv and a burst of speed for bursts, what else do ya want
two of those are in a tree you're never gonna go full on

if you like utility so much how about we trade, two adc keystones for utility and two ap mid keystones for offensive :^)

There's penetration in utility as well
yeah, 6 flat at level 18 vs 7% all game

pls

might as well get 45% cdr, you can reach that with morellos+cdr/lvl runes+blue

Yeah, I'm thinking that in it's current state a lot of mids would want to go into utility. Cass would do so well with Thunderlord and I would really like that MS on doing 30% damage on Syndra. The loss of pen would be super rough so I don't know.
7% mpen is mandatory on every mid, that thing is probably stronger than the actual keystone lol

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i didn't think so :>

it's a non-choice, none of those keystones are better than 7% mpen

it also kind of sucks that you have to choose between merciless and mana regen. i can't imagine ever going the mp5 masteries now

i like the idea of keystones, and they seem to do fun stuff for other classes, just masteries in themselves seem really boring for mids

zkylon

zkylewd
that's what i'm saying, there's only one keystone for mids, while there's two for adcs

no reason why they couldn't just make it so there's not four or whatever so we all get to choose

killatopak

Gold Member
Well at least there's one for you. I legit don't know if there are bruiser keystones. I think tanks benefits most in top lane for the updated masteries and items.

zkylon

zkylewd
i do appreciate the mage keystone is called deathfire

Well at least there's one for you. I legit don't know if there are bruiser keystones. I think tanks benefits most in top lane for the updated masteries and items.

damage reduction is gonna be pretty good for bruisers

Leezard

Bursty mages can run the "get movespeed when dealing 30% damage" keystone. The dot one is another choice. That's two choices.

Mid laners sacrifice part of their % penetration all the time by only putting 2 points in it, dunno how that's gonna be an issue. If they can live without 6% pen they can live without 7.

Leezard

not really cos you lose on 7% mpen

Oh, you're right, I thought it was an offensive keystone. Then yeah, you have to sacrifice mpen and you only have one choice in offensive tree.

Unless Karthus/Anivia spell crits count for the crit mastery, which I doubt.

With the new Kog, I'm thinking that building a ton of AD isn't going to be all that great. I think maybe Tear-BotRK-Manamune-Runaan's will probably work really well, maybe even Wit's End since his W is magic damage. Manamune will just be adding another onhit to his autos, but it might not work since with his attack speed he'd just eat through his mana in like three seconds.

subtles

I just hope everyone doesn't tunnel on to a few strong/broken things like they always do. If there's one thing we get over the next few months, I hope it's more diversity.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, turns out the counter to yasuo is having riven, fiora and vayne in your team for tri lane throws

split pushing, friends!

lmao

Mid laners sacrifice part of their % penetration all the time by only putting 2 points in it, dunno how that's gonna be an issue. If they can live without 6% pen they can live without 7.
???

some go 4%, not 0% dude

also it's doublepen so it's also for autos which is important for mid harass early game

no way any midlaner ever goes 0 points in the mastery pen

i challenge u to find me a champion that does that

Oh, you're right, I thought it was an offensive keystone. Then yeah, you have to sacrifice mpen and you only have one choice in offensive tree.

Unless Karthus/Anivia spell crits count for the crit mastery, which I doubt.
that would be fun, but i doubt it

Healing off 15% of an Anivia crit would be fucking broken lol
???

some go 4%, not 0% dude

also it's doublepen so it's also for autos which is important for mid harass early game

no way any midlaner ever goes 0 points in the mastery pen

i challenge u to find me a champion that does that
I said part, not all of it lol

But my point is if you can live with 4% magic pen you can live with 0 with some extra flat pen if you really want those utility keystones. 4% mpen is equivalent to roughly 3 flat pen for most of the game vs squishies. 7% is way more meaningful sure but if you can play the game as is right now with 2 points in the hybrid pen mastery then you can ignore the 7% if the mini Luden's or the MS boost are more important to you.

zkylon

zkylewd
well u said they can live without 6%, not 4%, dumbo

i guess we'll see, i don't believe there's much of a point of going anything other than the mpen since to me it sounds stronger than both those keystones, specially since you actually get a really strong keystone too

so we should be comparing 7% mpen to +5cdr cap/3+3 at lvl18 dpen, and i don't think either of those are worth it unless there's some weird cheese you can do on some champion with the extra cdr

23qwerty

doesn't randuins reduce crit damage from karth and anivia? they seem to be okay with leaving in somewhat strange interactions with their crit. though does ie increase them...? probably not?

Nekofrog

Banned
A lot of these changes seem really weird for a company who had touted about removing invisible power for so long. This just seems to throw heaps of it at the game. So many items and abilities that only proc under specific conditions with little way of telling the enemy that it's going to happen.

A lot of these changes seem really weird for a company who had touted about removing invisible power for so long. This just seems to throw heaps of it at the game. So many items and abilities that only proc under specific conditions with little way of telling the enemy that it's going to happen.
Costy implied you'll be able to see which keystone masteries the enemy has in-game

Ambition

Riot says a lot of things. They nerfed Sona for being too oppressive in lane but then they go ahead and release Tahm Kench, and approve Darius, GP, and Fiora's new kit.

zkylon

zkylewd
music was god tier but really disappointed in seeing nier as an arena fighter like rising

if it's gotta have another game's gameplay i'd rather it be souls or whatever

high octane twitch action is not what nier's about. nier's about story and world building and those super poignant little side quests and walking around around a desolate, melancholic world.

6 mpen is better than 7% because its better early and mid game. 7% mpen only beats out the flat 6 mpen when the enemies have 100 Mdef, which adcs or other squishies usually dont get to
you don't get mpen to kill squishies :I

music was god tier but really disappointed in seeing nier as an arena fighter like rising

high octane twitch action is not what nier's about. nier's about story and world building and those super poignant little side quests and walking around around a desolate, melancholic world.
It's not an arena fighter though, the game will still have exploration and shit like the first game. Nier had crazy combat with all the big-ass powers and bullet hell dodging already, it just happened to suck, Souls style combat wouldn't fit at all.

Story and world building are also intact since Yoko Taro is still the director and writer.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's not an arena fighter though, the game will still have exploration and shit like the first game. Nier had crazy combat with all the big-ass powers and bullet hell dodging already, it just happened to suck, Souls style combat wouldn't fit at all.

Story and world building are also intact since Yoko Taro is still the director and writer.
Also Nier2 probably wouldn't exist without Platinum being involved.

subtles

I believe that was just a proof of concept since the game is still very young. Okabe will be at home and the Yoko Taro presentation at GDC leaves me with no doubts re; his focus in game development. I'm really excited to see him with an actual development team.

Ocean's avatar.... loool I can't believe I missed the artwork/connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom