• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

killatopak

Gold Member
music was god tier but really disappointed in seeing nier as an arena fighter like rising

if it's gotta have another game's gameplay i'd rather it be souls or whatever

high octane twitch action is not what nier's about. nier's about story and world building and those super poignant little side quests and walking around around a desolate, melancholic world.
<3

I'll buy it anyway. NieR has been my #1 for a long time. I'll be damned if I don't buy a platinum developed game of it.

music was god tier but really disappointed in seeing nier as an arena fighter like rising

if it's gotta have another game's gameplay i'd rather it be souls or whatever

I mean, it's Platinum. Were you expecting anything else? They only do character action but they're the best at it.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not an arena fighter though, the game will still have exploration and shit like the first game. Nier had crazy combat with all the big-ass powers and bullet hell dodging already, it just happened to suck, Souls style combat wouldn't fit at all.

Story and world building are also intact since Yoko Taro is still the director and writer.
i dunno, i like games like vanquish and bayonetta (rising not so much), but if there's something that platinum is trash at is level design

it's like bland corridor then arena then bland corridor etc.

i wouldn't say nier 1 had good level design but at least the world was evocative and they had the weird resident evil section and i dunno i really liked walking around the plains or exploring the towns and taking on quests, etc.

also i guess i said it wrong, but i'm not saying it should have souls combat, just that i'd take the souls package (as in, level design+world building, minimalistic) over the platinum package (crazy combat + shit everything else, super loud and insane story). but i guess that's a dumb comment to make anyways

point is, if there's still exploration i'm game, but since this trailer featured none of it, all i can say is that i don't care for what was shown. the mc design (i won't even bother trying to remember her weird ass name lol) is pretty good and the music's fantastic, but i don't want the game to be an arena fighter

Thats the only thing I kill tho
mages deal a ton of aoe dmg which hurts tanks and bruisers a lot. you buy void staff for that reason, not to kill squishies better. if you want to do that just buy more ap

Also Nier2 probably wouldn't exist without Platinum being involved.
i mean, sure, but doesn't mean i can't criticize it for being something different from what it should.

like fallout 3 wouldn't exist if it wasn't for bethesda, but it's still a really shitty fallout game and only thing of merit about it is allowing new vegas to happen :>

i believe this won't be so dramatic, at least nier2 will be a good game in itself, but i just have worries about how platinum vs cavia it'll be

I believe that was just a proof of concept since the game is still very young. Okabe will be at home and the Yoko Taro presentation at GDC leaves me with no doubts re; his focus in game development. I'm really excited to see him with an actual development team.

Ocean's avatar.... loool I can't believe I missed the artwork/connection.
yeah i found it very unusual that it said WIP at the end

we'll see

i'm optimistic about the game even if i don't like the trailer

point is, if there's still exploration i'm game, but since this trailer featured none of it, all i can say is that i don't care for what was shown. the mc design (i won't even bother trying to remember her weird ass name lol) is pretty good and the music's fantastic, but i don't want the game to be an arena fighter
I get what you mean, but that's to be expected of a combat trailer. Regardless of that just read some of the previews and interviews, all the stuff that made Nier cool is still going to be there, specially the random genre changes.

I dunno what's there to be worried about. Most of what made Nier great was due to Taro who's directing the new one and frankly though they made some memorable games Cavia was a pretty terrible studio.

killatopak

Gold Member
Things I like
-Story
-Music
-Atmosphere
-Likable Characters
-Diverse Genre
-Amazing side quests.

I don't
-Fishing/Planting
-Too much back tracking on quests
-
Deletion of saves

Neutral
-Combat
-DLCs
-Different versions (Gestalt/Replicant)

I dunno what's there to be worried about. Most of what made Nier great was due to Taro who's directing the new one and frankly though they made some memorable games Cavia was a pretty terrible studio.

I think it's mainly due to lack of budget. Even though they're published by SE at the time, they were given a small budget yet the expectations were large.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's all about vainglory nowadays

I get what you mean, but that's to be expected of a combat trailer. Regardless of that just read some of the previews and interviews, all the stuff that made Nier cool is still going to be there, specially the random genre changes.

hey now

drake1 is awesome

in that absolutely horrible kind of way

lol

Cavia games are like piles of shit filled with raw diamonds inside, but it's a magical, odorless, sanitized sort pile of shit that you can safely put your hand inside without wanting to vomit.

killatopak

Gold Member
it's all about vainglory nowadays

hey now

drake1 is awesome

in that absolutely horrible kind of way

lol

Yeah. Caim omg <3

Drakengard 2 shit the bed. I'm glad I played it tho. It's the game that introduced me to Cavia and in extention Drakengard 1 and NieR.

Quonny

5jHMSmE.jpg

I wish I still had PBE. My account got disabled ever since they tied it to NA accounts, but mine is only Lv23.

Theyre not even open to OCE. Rito Costy pls :(

Man those base AD buffs for ADCs are looking great. I'm really curious to see the new starting items, sounds like they want to phase out D.Blade starts as the norm

killatopak

Gold Member
Yeah, only console from last generation I have is a Wii and the PS3 is still expensive.

If you think buying a ps3/360 is expensive, would mind just watching a let's play?

Combat on NieR is a very opinionated. I don't hate it but I think it could get better. Most seem to think it sucks. NieR's strong points are its story, music and atmosphere so I think just watching it would be good.

NieR 2 is a long ways off anyway. Plenty of time to wait if the last gen consoles would drop in price or if there's an hd remaster on the way if you don't like watching LPs.

Twitch

Base damage increased to 55.46 from 49.04
Damage per level reduced to 2.41 from 3
Ambush (Q)
Rat-ta-tat-tat (R) [Need to confirm]
Duration reduced to 5 seconds from 7
Mana Cost reduced to 100 at all ranks from 100/125/150
Cooldown reduced to 90 seconds at all ranks from 120/110/100
"For the duration, his basic attacks become piercing bolts that automatically crit the first target hit and deal 30% ( from 20%) less damage to subsequent targets, down to a minimum of 35% (from 40%) damage."
Oh look, something that will not last more than one patch and is likely a mistake

Do they even give out PBE accounts anymore? They never really mention it. Still don't know why they call it public when it isn't open to everyone.

If you think buying a ps3/360 is expensive, would mind just watching a let's play?

Combat on NieR is a very opinionated. I don't hate it but I think it could get better. Most seem to think it sucks. NieR's strong points are its story, music and atmosphere so I think just watching it would be good.

NieR 2 is a long ways off anyway. Plenty of time to wait if the last gen consoles would drop in price or if there's an hd remaster on the way if you don't like watching LPs.

I imagine that the Super Best Friends will probably do Nier soon since that's one of Liam's favorite games, so I'll probably watch that when it happens. Though if there is a price drop for last gen consoles I'll probably play it.

zkylon

zkylewd
enemy team banned ori and first picked ziggs

wth

Cavia games are like piles of shit filled with raw diamonds inside, but it's a magical, odorless, sanitized sort pile of shit that you can safely put your hand inside without wanting to vomit.

not the way i would put it but sure!

Yeah. Caim omg <3

Drakengard 2 shit the bed. I'm glad I played it tho. It's the game that introduced me to Cavia and in extention Drakengard 1 and NieR.
never played 2, heard it went in a very different non-freaky direction so didn't want to subject myself to that

still wanna try drake3 some day

I probably should play the first Neir. Of course it has to be console exclusive. :(
u really should if u like jrpgs

face is wonky but outfit looks ok

jerd

Windspeaker's Blessing:
Rank 1: Your heals and shields are 10% stronger. Additionally, your shields and heals increase your target's resistances by 15% for 3 seconds when used on an ally other than yourself.

funny i was just telling a friend yesterday "you know who could use an insanely massive buff? soraka. that'd be lots of fun"

zkylon

zkylewd
ok this is a big one

apdo posted an apology letter and said he was gonna try do something big in china

i want to live in the two fakers world

unkillable demon king faker vs redeemed dopa

Nev

Banned
That victorious Sivir could very well be the best of the line yet. The rest suck, so it wasn't that hard anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom