• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

nbraun80

So just getting back into this after not playing for the past 2 months. Is there anywhere i can find a good up to date rune and mastery guide?
Runes are basically the same, don't need to change too much, and honestly with masteries I had like 10 pages set up, but now I've just been changing one page to what I want when I lock in a champ. It's pretty quick, just pick what keystone you want and work your way down, then put 12 points into another tree you like.

Kenai

and i duno why ppl say athenes was uncommon before, it was very much a core item on mana hungry champions like ori, lux, xerath, etc.

the big difference with the adc itemization issues is that this is a problem they suddenly created rather than a problem that existed for a long time

wouldn't you think that if the idea was to leave things as they were until the mage reworks then maybe it was a better idea leave things in the older, happier-for-everyone state than in this shitty build-abyssal-on-everyone and having to look for cost efficient, easy to build items in other classes

I just remember basically no one taking it. I don't remember why, I almost never get to play mid remember?

And honestly I don't know why they prefer now to then. Maybe that's why they don't want to bother, cause they maybe tried halfheartedly before and nothing really changed, the items just shifted. That may even be the time they decided that a rework on items was really needed and to just bundle it in with the mage rework so everything plays nice together when it's done.

I'm not sure if they literally just threw up their hands after the last tweaks or whatever but I can almost guarantee they are basically done with item adjustment for current items until that patch is closer, for better or worse (and yes I find it kind of annoying too since the FQC shenanigans are spilling over into my support roster, but that item was getting pretty OP I guess so whatever).

zkylon

zkylewd
i think if the mage reworks are several months in the future then rito eventually will make some adjustments in the meantime to alleviate things

some simple recipe changes like the examples i gave above should help a fair bit

kenbo

And about this chest thing ... does the pool scale with the amount of characters you have?

Like, would they give you a skin shard for a character you don't own or a perma-skin (as the result of re-rolling 3 skins you don't care for) for a character you don't have?

Because they aren't even willing to let you buy skins for champs unless you own them so I find the idea that the game would GIVE you skin shards for these un-owned champs to be a bit out there.

If it does scale then I'd love to try this as I only have a hand full of champs. Would greatly heighten my chances of getting a skin I like if it only gives you skin shards for champs you OWN.

The opposite seems to be true for the champs though, they will only give you champ shards for champs you DON'T own, right? So to me it seems logical that they would only give you skins for champs you DO own ..

I think you can get skins for anything

the logic is that you can just disenchant them for essence

zkylon

zkylewd
chests can drop shards for champions and skins you already own, but if you combine three shards or full unlocks they will always give you something you don't have

and yea like kenbo says idea is that you just turn repeats into essence or combine them

Mage rework is scheduled to june according to Meddler

But no reason not to ship stuff like itemization adjustments in a couple patches time, specially since they'll have competitive data on top so no excuses to keep things weird

jerd

Cull
AD increased to 7 from 5
Bonus gold from passive increased to 350g from 300.

Is cull gonna be any less shit now? The fact that it lacks great combat stats pretty much means you're still gonna want to avoid trades and have no sustain right?

also these gifs are adorable

Cull has sustain

It might not be a joke emergency "I got hooked, burnt flash and the only thing I can buy is boots and maybe a pot or two" first back / second back item now, though

MaxiLive

Is cull gonna be any less shit now? The fact that it lacks great combat stats pretty much means you're still gonna want to avoid trades and have no sustain right?

also these gifs are adorable

Yeah that buff doesn't seem great, it seems like so little money to gain after playing passively to farm. You'd be better off getting more stats and trying to make a play. Also if you lane goes badly to the point where farming is a struggle that is going to put you even further behind!

It might work in lane swap situations etc but even then the amount of bonus gold probably isn't worth it.

jerd

Cull has sustain

It might not be a joke emergency "I got hooked, burnt flash and the only thing I can buy is boots and maybe a pot or two" first back / second back item now, though

Oh wait it does. I legitimately don't think I've seen anyone buy it yet so I was just going off of the notes

Only champion that should be legit buying it is GP and even then it's a super greedy start that could pretty much ruin your lane

Cull has sustain

It's kinda hard to fit it around certain adc. For example, I doubt Lucian would buy it if he had to back early because long swords build into Essence Reaver and it's 350g. Hard to justify buying a cull over long sword for certain champions. But for others who build Infinity Edge first item and had to back early, I can see cull replacing the double dorans.

--

Also, a guy from England I played against in a ranked game added me. He played well when I was against him, but playing with him and he gets tilted the fuck out of so easily. Lost two ranked games because his lane opponent (Riven and Renekton) got hard fed and carried the game. Not going to play with him anymore for my ranked games because as nice as it is to have a fellow brit to play with, I don't want to deal with him the entire gaming ranting and blaming the jungler when he dies within the first 3 minutes of the game.

It's just disheartening to see that.

Great OT, excited to be part of this community in 2016.

After trying Jihn in the PBE, I think he may be my new favorite marksmen. His kit feels so good to pull off, and can only really be explained by actually playing it. Also that ultimate is amazing, and gives you a rush of dopamine when you activate it and when its pulled off.

Jinh to me has a very good fun kit. My only concern is his e.

That e is pretty devastating at max level.Everything else makes sense to me and seems fairly balanced. That e looks devastating.

Godan

Runes are basically the same, don't need to change too much, and honestly with masteries I had like 10 pages set up, but now I've just been changing one page to what I want when I lock in a champ. It's pretty quick, just pick what keystone you want and work your way down, then put 12 points into another tree you like.

Thanks al have a look then.

Aint thunderlords a big thing that everyone uses the now?

Hard

Banned
No point using Bond of Stone since they removed the damage multiplier now. I might go with Grasp of the Undying on Gnar if I choose not to Thunderlords.

Not sure what keystone I'll be taking now. Not sold on Warlords but new Fervor seems nice. Thunderlords should still be dumb for an extra patch.

patchday

boo, I thought new champ select was going live. Would have played. Basically just waiting on the new champ select to come online. havent played in a few days now.

Read up on the Shen changes. Sounds pretty good and hes finally getting a little polish on his visual features. I never did buy a skin for him cause I wasnt a fan of the look.

Its a shame that new Christmas mode got removed. I really liked it. Been playing Smite a lot now because the Arena mode it has is the closest I could find to Porro King and thank goodness its not a limited time trial.

garath

I'll probably go back to using storm surge with khazix. The move speed on assassinate with now slow resist sounds pretty good.

patchday

oh yeah btw nice OT! Good explanation of the roles!

And yeah good to see Khazix buffs I'll have to check him out now.

Edwardo

Lol I feel like you couldn't listen to Warsongs while playing because of all the little pings and stuff in the background.

Jk, that mightve just been from the Jhin steam I had in another tab.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Who let Zkylon make a thread unsupervised? I blame Ghost for this.

Also,

♪ going ♪
tX8B1Za.png
♪ we can do this ♪

Who let Zkylon make a thread unsupervised? I blame Ghost for this.

Also,

♪ going ♪
tX8B1Za.png
♪ we can do this ♪
♪ AH HEEHEE HEE HA HA HAHA HA AH HEEHEE HEE HA HA HAHA HA♪

♪ AHAHAHA AHAHAhaha shhhhhhhhhhhh I'm charging my laser ♪ GOING

Top Bottom