• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

PSqueak

Banned
Not if you play the good roles.

it's a catch 22 system, the only way to ensure a quick TB set up is playing a support (one of my main roles), but if you're playing TB it's because you're trying a new champion, role or position, meaning TB matchmaking rarely is your main, me not picking support = long wait times, but if im gonna play my main, why even use TB? i'd just go to ranked.

Balthuk

I regret whatever I said about Rengar that was positive/neutral. Just got obliterated by one and in a way that felt unfair as f, don't want to play more for the day.
Someone grab me a pitchfork

I regret whatever I said about Rengar that was positive/neutral. Just got obliterated by one and in a way that felt unfair as f, don't want to play more for the day.
Someone grab me a pitchfork
The Rengar hate circlejerk shuns no one, grab a seat, a torch and your commemorative "Fuck this fucking champion god fucking damn it" pin and window sticker

Edwardo

it's a catch 22 system, the only way to ensure a quick TB set up is playing a support (one of my main roles), but if you're playing TB it's because you're trying a new champion, role or position, meaning TB matchmaking rarely is your main, me not picking support = long wait times, but if im gonna play my main, why even use TB? i'd just go to ranked.

Not necessarily. When I'd play with more than one friend, we'd queue up in team builder more than anything. But Ya, Im with you on the just play ranked.

Nekofrog

Banned
Have we not been punished enough with all the Rengars and TKs we have to deal with since there was no drafting?

I loved team builder for that reason. It let me both pick up new champions and learn them, plus play vs the bullshit OP stuff and learn what to do/what not to do against it. it's one of the reasons I have such good Shen stats in ranked (36 games, 64%wr, 5.34KDA). i played SO many games of Shen in teambuilder late at night by myself vs whatever was broken at the time and learned that Shen, when played correctly, actually out traded most common top lane champions.

i still wonder to this day why he wasn't more popular in the last 6+ months. unless he's vs like an ignite riven, he can dumpster most lane opponents in 1v1s and have the global presence of a god

rip team builder

Hard

Banned
I loved team builder for that reason. It let me both pick up new champions and learn them, plus play vs the bullshit OP stuff and learn what to do/what not to do against it. it's one of the reasons I have such good Shen stats in ranked (36 games, 64%wr, 5.34KDA). i played SO many games of Shen in teambuilder late at night by myself vs whatever was broken at the time and learned that Shen, when played correctly, actually out traded most common top lane champions.

i still wonder to this day why he wasn't more popular in the last 6+ months. unless he's vs like an ignite riven, he can dumpster most lane opponents in 1v1s and have the global presence of a god

rip team builder

The meme that he has no kill pressure in lane

In SoloQ win lane = win game

Omg the new Stormraider's Surge makes Nasus completely OP, watch out.

Trying right now, will post results soon.

Can confirm that shit is broke af.
K7tpO2S

The only thing that was annoying about TB was the late-night queue times for Jungle. I always found myself sitting around twirling my thumbs for 7+ min after 1AM.

RIP TB

What do you think of the new Shen?

Nekofrog

Banned
i haven't been able to try him. i tried to play this morning in a bot game on the pbe, but servers were too busy and i dont want to play an actual real game on pbe because lol pbe.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
new champ select is way too shiny compared to the rest of the game lmao
I mean, new client is on the way. New champ select is one of the more important pieces to defining the new season though.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I mean, new client is on the way. New champ select is one of the more important pieces to defining the new season though.

really? that's good, i can see why they chose champ select to roll out first and give a taste of the new future client

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, new client is coming this season

and tbh i wasn't expecting new champion select this early in the year, that's really cool

i hope the rest of the client soon follows, specially the shop, ranked stats and runes and masteries getting big overhauls and new functionality would be much appreciated

and tbh i wasn't expecting new champion select this early in the year, that's really cool

i hope the rest of the client soon follows, specially the shop, ranked stats and runes and masteries getting big overhauls and new functionality would be much appreciated

Season 6 feels like its a massive overhaul for the game that could possibly lure in lots of new users and old ones. I'm hyped lol. I'm surprised new champion select is so responsive, I haven't encountered the bug yet though.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm kind of tempted to get challenger ahri only cos it's cheap but i guess i can save the money since i already have kpop

edit: also all shen skins except tpa will be getting new splashes

nice

so I was just here posting cause I dc'd in game and somehow couldnt reconnect, then I tried again, worked perfectly. As expected, we were losing lol, when the game was over, I come to notice I was playing ranked. I'm dumbfounded lmao, then I remember Teambuilder was always in the first position so that's why, ugh.

Nekofrog

Banned
i'm kind of tempted to get challenger ahri only cos it's cheap but i guess i can save the money since i already have kpop

nice

thank god

bloodmoon shen splash was legit one of the worst in the game.

worse than beachball chest nidalee

PSqueak

Banned

nice

And yet, Piltover customs Heimerdinger remains with a completely inaccurate splash since the revamp, while other skins took the chinese artwork and pretended to be new art...

Wonder if I should bother getting the box and keys with my RP.

I added up all of the RP for champs I'd like that are half off this month and I'd still have like a couple1000 rp left over. Figured I'd save it for Dragon Tamer Trist or Demonic Vi seeing as neither of those are gonna be half off ever but maybe these boxes could be fun and net me champs I'd like to try that arent 50% off.

Challenger Ahri is temping ... but I like Pop-star Ahri more and Challenger looks kinda too try-hard edgy for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
would be nice to see a massive splash update effort for sure

lots of champions need it

lux needs it pretty bad, some of those splashes are embarrassing

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, the whole concept of skins is kind of vain and shallow, so it's not really any different not to like a skin if it's got a bad splash

i generally don't play with skins with bad splashes either

Quonny

Man, I'm starting to get worried that Nasus might be meta. He'll get dumped on if that happens.

The new surge keystone makes his mobility problems extremely mitigated. One Q with a Trinity Force will trigger it on anything but a pure tank.

Basically you stun him or you die.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Mmmmm that fresh smell.

So OCE finals are being held in Brisbane this year, I'm actually super keen to go and watch now that it's far closer to me.

pigeon

Banned

i hope the rest of the clien soon follows

I think they really wanted to push new champ select out before they started Ranked because it's going to radically change the Ranked play experience. Right now people's rankings incorporate, to a small degree, how good they are at their three worst roles, because sometimes they have to either play those or dodge. That's going to be gone now, so people who are more specialized will on average rank higher than before, and vice versa for people with more general skills.

I think this season im really going to try to main mid lane and get really good at it. I usually ended up going jungle last season because no one would ever want to jungle, My best roles mid and jungle, but i rarely got mid lane.

Moonlight

Banned
Had a great game as Ahri! First time so far I've actually been the team carry and trying to just go all around the map putting out the fires in other lanes (Tristana especially). Was sort of stressful to feel so responsible about where the game was going, but when it all works out, it feels pretty nice.

Top Bottom