• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

eGXgilW.jpg

Bruh, why is Quinn so strong!?
Btw, I haven't had any problems with new champion select so far.

Nah, vanilla. Someone auto-locked mid and by the time I realized every other position was filled out. So I just decided to test her out.

Thinking of biting on the skin whenever it goes on sale, though.

It's a legendary Skin, I don't think those go on sale.
Best bet at getting it on the cheap is the hex box thing.

You can get Riot Girl Trist for free though.

kenbo

For new players I highly recommend a few addons (oh god we're becoming WoW)

- Championify
imports champion.gg data into your recommended items list - contains highest WR/most frequent items and skill builds right into your shop! - really useful if you play a lot of new champions

- Overwolf + Replay HUD
(learn from your deaths! only do this if you already have 100+fps. This program records your screen and plays back your death to you)

Overwolf also has "League of Legends Champ 101" that I havent tried out - lets you learn about all the champions in your game - their skills etc

drawkcaB

It seems like a few high elo streamers were queuing solo and getting matched against 5-man premades. That's probably the worst-case scenario for bad outcomes, and most people would never encounter it since they're not Diamond+, but since it happened to streamers it became really public.

It may or may not have been related to configuration issues with matchmaking -- there were clearly some of those too.

That plus the fact that Heroes did the system before and cut it for producing bad games is convincing people that it's a terrible system. I am pretty unconvinced yet, but if it's really that bad I suspect they'll just turn the dynamic part off.

That and thread was started by Hashinshin and his shitheel followers gobbled it up. A game played by milions of players and he's by far the whiniest motherfucker of the lot. Who knows whether it's bad or not, but I'm sure as shit not taking his word for it.

jerd

That and thread was started by Hashinshin and his shitheel followers gobbled it up. A game played by milions of players and he's by far the whiniest motherfucker of the lot. Who knows whether it's bad or not, but I'm sure as shit not taking his word for it.

Yeah and assuming this

You'll still need to be of similar rank to your queue-buddies, and the system is designed so that groups will almost always play against similarly grouped opponents (so if you're in a premade five, there's a 95% chance you'll run into another premade five)

Didn't get nixed most people are just using "I lost so the other team was clearly premade" as an excuse. Go to new or rising and every other post is "I was paired with 4 solo players against a premade 5!!" which seems very unlikely if the system is even remotely working

I have no doubt the system has problems but I don't believe Riot will just ignore them. Thing is a work in progress and is in testing still. Reddit is so strange in that the most popular stuff there is anti Riot. If you hate the company so damn much go play another game lol

patchday

For new players I highly recommend a few addons (oh god we're becoming WoW)

- Championify
imports champion.gg data into your recommended items list - contains highest WR/most frequent items and skill builds right into your shop! - really useful if you play a lot of new champions

- Overwolf + Replay HUD
(learn from your deaths! only do this if you already have 100+fps. This program records your screen and plays back your death to you)

Overwolf also has "League of Legends Champ 101" that I havent tried out - lets you learn about all the champions in your game - their skills etc

huh might have to give this a try.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nice, then you unlock the super skin.
just a kpop ahri that plays you girls generation in the background would b e ok

yea hasinshin sux

pigeon

Banned
Azir is Ghostcrawler's example of a champion whose time to learn is too high for ordinary humans to play him ever. (Although I think the real issue is that his skill cap is so high that they had to nerf him so much that his base level is just really bad.)

patchday

I mean, new client is on the way. New champ select is one of the more important pieces to defining the new season though.

I wonder if new client should be integrated with game client like Dota is. I noticed if I create a custom game in dota to experiment with champs the map loads instantly. LoL by far takes the longest to load a map out of any moba I ever played (hots, smite, dota)

edit: The actual use case was I'd pick champ, start match (maybe it spent a min loading map first time. Every other time I experimented with a character it was instant). Was screwing around single player against bots just messing around with diff heroes

Bacon

New champ select is really slick. Definitely feeling it so far after two games with it. The merge of team builder and draft is such a smart move. I loved being able to pick a champion and go in TB but hated when I got mirror matchups and this addresses that issue perfectly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
New champ select is really slick. Definitely feeling it so far after two games with it. The merge of team builder and draft is such a smart move. I loved being able to pick a champion and go in TB but hated when I got mirror matchups and this addresses that issue perfectly.
This always seemed like the end goal. Team Builder was going to be a stepping stone to test ideas, so personally, I find it somewhat amusing that people are upset that its gone. The new draft process speeds things up, does more to engage the entire team throughout the selection process, and serves to place players in the roles they really want to play.

Newt

This always seemed like the end goal. Team Builder was going to be a stepping stone to test ideas, so personally, I find it somewhat amusing that people are upset that its gone. The new draft process speeds things up, does more to engage the entire team throughout the selection process, and serves to place players in the roles they really want to play.
If only they didn't tack on the 3-5 man queues for ranked.

Bungie's

should be interesting to see how dynamic queue works out in higher ranks. Sounds like you'll have to have your 5 man pre made group in order to climb.

should be interesting to see how dynamic queue works out in higher ranks. Sounds like you'll have to have your 5 man pre made group in order to climb.

Sounds terrible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofle.../spoiler_echo_fox_vs_dynamic_queue_na_solo_q/

Well I understand Riot thinking behind their decision since like what ~78% of the players are lower than plat. So dynamic Queue maybe terrible for challenger players it's still better overall for your average joe.

Nev

Banned
Congratulations Ghostcrawler for destroying another game. What a complete joke this new "solo" queue is. I can't believe anyone except for that helpless person thought this was remotely close to being a good idea. I guess I won't even bother with soloQ this season. They might as well remove it altogether, it's 5 premade ranked stomps vs 5 random or 5 premade vs the same all the time anyways. Worst part is Riot won't draw back until probably season 7 and we'll have a complete utter garbage season 6, because they can do no wrong. Ugh.

jerd

Does Lord Dominik's work with all physical damage? Kindred's passive in particular is what I'm wondering

Oh hey nev.

It should probably be noted that all these extreme examples of "I just played vs Team Liquid with randoms" also mention somewhere in the comments that LP loss is 2-3 and Meteos won a lopsided game earlier an gained 1 LP. I think it is safe to say the system is fudged and not working as intended but instead of posts about that we get "League is dead" stuff

Dominik's increases all damage. Not sure if it works with true damage because those are weird but everything else is a go.

Also I expected people to shun dynamic queues but not this hard lol

jerd

Yeah it's gonna suck in D1+ for sure but idk if it's really gonna matter beyond that. If the games aren't gonna be even in terms of premades though we're probably just better off without it

Started the day off with an 11 AM glass of whiskey at work as I accepted my offer to convert from contractor to permanent Rioter.

Pretty fucking good start to the day

Guys, I think league of stormraiders is coming. Try Wukong with stormraiders and watch as you speed up when you ult someone, or become inescapable by just landing a e q combo. I think Hecarim and Sejuani can abuse this as well, will see today.

Edwardo

Needed to try the new champ select, so I got a game in before I went to bed last night. It seems pretty cool so far. I had no idea what was happening at first after I selected my suggested champion, but it wasn't hard to figure out lol.

I had support as my first and fill as my second. I ended up getting jungle, so I picked Kha. I still have the problem of getting too low in hp from my first clear with him. I'm killing camps fine, but if the enemy jungler decided to look for a nice gankaroo I'd be done.

Hard

Banned
Does Lord Dominik's work with all physical damage? Kindred's passive in particular is what I'm wondering

Oh hey nev.

It should probably be noted that all these extreme examples of "I just played vs Team Liquid with randoms" also mention somewhere in the comments that LP loss is 2-3 and Meteos won a lopsided game earlier an gained 1 LP. I think it is safe to say the system is fudged and not working as intended but instead of posts about that we get "League is dead" stuff

It's not really the LP as it is wasting 20 minutes that could be used in a meaningful game.

jerd

It's not really the LP as it is wasting 20 minutes that could be used in a meaningful game.

Think you missed the point. That is probably not likely the way Riot intended for the system to work and it will probably be changed/fixed. If not then a lot of the dissatisfaction is probably warranted

Edwardo

One guy on my team was whining all champ select about how it makes everyone lag and load slower. It was just one game, but I didn't see anything wrong.

Top Bottom