• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Don't care what everyone says

I really like Ascension. One of the most fun mode of the entire game

Ascension is like the best one after URF.

Doombots, Poro King, Blood Moon and that Thresh gimmick thing need to be thrown out. The rest are fine.

Playing Leblanc in Ascension is so depressing though. She loses 1v1 to every single mage/assassin when gold and levels are equal. The worst thing about that rework is how it just doesn't function outside of summoner's rift meta. But I still play it and lose and try to have fun.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Taric is so goddamn good right now, practically unfair

Well, if you're trying to learn jungle, Warwick is definitely the champion I'd recommend at the moment. Evelynn can jungle, be her initials clears are a bit rough, so she's not ideal for a new jungler. The rest of those champions can't really jungle, save Tryndamere when the meta swings his way (it's currently not though).

If you are jungling in low level games I am not sure how reliable teammates will be in helping on the early leash, so I would really just play something that clears easily like Warwick or Nunu. You start at a major buff (red or blue, typically the one on the bot side so that the bottom lane can help with leashing the first camp) and just kind of go around the map. Farm what you can when it makes sense in the jungle. Try to understand which camps your champion should gravitate towards if possible (if you only have single target abilities maybe put off doing the camps with lots of mobs, particularly the razorbeak/raptor camp next to the mid lane). While you are jungling try to look to see which lanes you think you can gank and head there when you see an opportunity present itself. Use wards to follow the enemy jungler and roaming characters so you can know where to be. Objective control for things like Dragon/Baron are important, and if possible try to kill the Rift Scuttler wandering up the river when those are coming up, or you can head to it if you are low on HP and need to kill something that will not attack back early game. Sometimes you have to know when to let objectives go and when to fight for them. For dragons, if it's not Infernal or Mountain maybe don't worry so much about losing it to the enemy team. Smite gives HP back so if you are fighting enemy champions in the jungle you can smite monsters nearby for a slight HP edge. Generally speaking though you are last hitting with Smite to secure objectives in the jungle.

i'll join in the warwick suggestion

he's pretty fun and easy to clear with

thank you guys! i actually own Warwick so i'll try him out soon. really appreciate the tips - jungle & mid i still struggle with.

unrelated, how is Fiora? she seems super interesting to play with

nbraun80

thank you guys! i actually own Warwick so i'll try him out soon. really appreciate the tips - jungle & mid i still struggle with.

unrelated, how is Fiora? she seems super interesting to play with

couldn't find many good recent jungling guides, but this is probably the best one that's recent and can give you an idea of it all.
Basically, you start the side of your bot lane, that way they can help you get the first camp low with you, so you'll either start blue buff or red depending on the side you're on. In low lvl games you may need to just ask them to help you, if not you should still be ok on ww. If you start red from there you can go to krugs or raptors, then to wolves, blue, and gromp. You can go into the river and take the scuttle crab if you feel you're healthy enough cause the other jungler could be there too. From there just look for possible ganks for people that are pushing or overextending. WW ganks best at lvl6, but if you get behind them and use your E to fear them back into your team it can work.

Also as for fiora she is a pretty high skill champion, very squishy and you have to understand how to poke and flow in and out with her, she's all gotten a lot of nerfs recently. She's good in the right hands, but not so much in the average players.

jon bones

thanks for the suggestion - finally got my first W as a jungler w/ Warwick

i will say i still needed too much direction & i didn't use his abilities to the best of my abilities.

VG had so few mobs, the map was so small & the 1 'big' monster literally had a timer on him to tell you when to kill him... still gotta adapt & learn

----

on to Mid - here are some heroes i own and am interested in trying - thoughts?

Ahri
Ekko
Katarina
Kassadin
Veigar (love that he looks like FF9 Vivi and his moveset, but he didn't feel strong when i got him in ARAM)

After trying out the Urgot rework and playing top i have found a new calling.

Managed to dig out of the hole and climb to Bronze II - I with playing Urgot top and some Sona support. Back to Bronze 1 and 98 LP after winning 4 straight as Urgot top.

Hope i dont get punished for having a win streak...

Only champ i had problems with top was a Tryndamere where i got stomped hard.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
on to Mid - here are some heroes i own and am interested in trying - thoughts?

Ahri
Ekko
Katarina
Kassadin
Veigar (love that he looks like FF9 Vivi and his moveset, but he didn't feel strong when i got him in ARAM)
Ekko is fun but sometimes challenging, and requires more map awareness. Ahri is easymode champ that looks for picks. Katarina is broken teamfight warping ability spammer. Kassadin is roaming melee mage with a slower early game. Veigar is a zone control mage that pops people in one big burst.

jon bones

Ekko is fun but sometimes challenging, and requires more map awareness. Ahri is easymode champ that looks for picks. Katarina is broken teamfight warping ability spammer. Kassadin is roaming melee mage with a slower early game. Veigar is a zone control mage that pops people in one big burst.

awesome, thank you

i understood all of that except for 'looks for picks' - what does that mean?

Catching people out and killing them when they're alone. Ahri is good at it because her R lets her gap close and cross over walls, so she can surprise opponents with Charm (her E) which CCs them and basically guarantees both hits of her Q if she throws it quickly enough and follow up with W and 2nd and 3rd uses of her R to chase them down with more spell rotations and Ignite. If her R is up she is considered very safe in lane since she can just blow it to escape from any gank where she's not chain-CC'd, and her passive gives her some sustain to help in tougher matchups.

jon bones

Aurelion Sol looks rad - thoughts?

really appreciate these little breakdowns, btw. i've got mobafire up to dig into the details but it's nice to understand a bit about them before digging in.

Catching people out and killing them when they're alone. Ahri is good at it because her R lets her gap close and cross over walls, so she can surprise opponents with Charm (her E) which CCs them and basically guarantees both hits of her Q if she throws it quickly enough and follow up with W and 2nd and 3rd uses of her R to chase them down with more spell rotations and Ignite. If her R is up she is considered very safe in lane since she can just blow it to escape from any gank where she's not chain-CC'd, and her passive gives her some sustain to help in tougher matchups.

���� appreciate it - had a great game with her and pulled out a decisive W

i feel like i need to get a little better at gold / item management + movement with her. i always feel a hair short of being able to zip around and finish off an enemy.

Quonny

A. Sol in my opinion is really boring. A good chunk of his damage just comes from standing around, so positioning his orbs is key.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Problem with A. Sol is that the best way to play him is to just back all the time and use the movespeed to get out on the map. Very :zzz:.

faridmon

I wouldn't say Thresh is doing great right now. Withe the recent patch, its all about string tanky engage champs such as Braum and Alistar that is in a very healthy position.

Jann is always good no matter though. And Taric seems really OP from the little I saw

and don't play A. Sol. He is just boring and if useless if you can't position well. Not ideal for a beginner. If you want a slower, more deliberate mid Velkoz and Xerath are good picks. Xerath is more difficult since he relies on dodgeble skillshots

Well of course i was punished for winning streak. 3 straight losses in promo series, 2 of them thanks to griefers and trolls. Fuck i hope those 2 players gets banned asap.

I have honor level 3, can't it work so i get matched with others who also has that? Instead of getting punished by having griefers on my team.

faridmon

Well of course i was punished for winning streak. 3 straight losses in promo series, 2 of them thanks to griefers and trolls. Fuck i hope those 2 players gets banned asap.

I have honor level 3, can't it work so i get matched with others who also has that? Instead of getting punished by having griefers on my team.

Some people man

Thanks, Guess i'll give Janna a try then.

What about Nami? Is she any good?

Nami is secretly one of the strongest support if you can make it work.

Personally, I never managed to make it work, but some people have climbed to platinum only using her.

Leezard

Nami is good but she's harder to play than say Sona and Janna, and requires a more active and aggressive playstyle in bot lane if you want to use her strengths properly. You can give her a try and see if you like her.

She's one of my favourites.

Oscar

I've been playing since march and my main is Darius. Took almost 4 months for one of his skins to be on sale, hype.

drawkcaB

Who's a good support hero?

Taric.

With his recent changes he can manage against poke supports very well, smashes heavy engage supports that are very common (thresh, blitz), and goes even if not positive against sustain/utility supports.

Scales extremely well and his ult is among the best team fighting ult's for supports.

Nami is also really good with some practice.

Last personal recommendation is Bard. Ever since his latest changes to his passive I've completely dumped any AP support I used to play. It's not necessary. Bard can really fuck people up. Such a clutch, fun support.

jon bones

Taric.

With his recent changes he can manage against poke supports very well, smashes heavy engage supports that are very common (thresh, blitz), and goes even if not positive against sustain/utility supports.

Scales extremely well and his ult is among the best team fighting ult's for supports.

yoo great advice

i would have never played him but you're right - he feels great to play.

having multiple satellites healing and throwing out stuns almost reminds me of like an R Type style mechanic

Newt

As the first gaffer to reach honor 3 rank on NA, I will be the official ambassador here on non-toxic play, and reformation.

6cbc91bbcc76fd0fc5759da49236e2b8.png

If any of you have any questions on how to be the best team-mate you can, please don't hesitate to reach to me.

23qwerty

lmao
coulda sworn I saw someone say they got it already here, maybe not

I'll have to log in later to see if I got it, probably dont play enough though

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
As the first gaffer to reach honor 3 rank on NA, I will be the official ambassador here on non-toxic play, and reformation.

6cbc91bbcc76fd0fc5759da49236e2b8.png

If any of you have any questions on how to be the best team-mate you can, please don't hesitate to reach to me.

I got it about half an hour before you lol

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the minimum time to get honor 3 must've been today cos other ppl like scarizard also got it

are you still taking champion select hostage noot?

JulianImp

Nami is good but she's harder to play than say Sona and Janna, and requires a more active and aggressive playstyle in bot lane if you want to use her strengths properly. You can give her a try and see if you like her.

She's one of my favourites.

Reasons I love playing Nami:
  • Healing can be done way before an enemy attack hits and still be effective, while shields time out if you use them too early. Also, your heals smack enemies in the head while healing allies, which is pretty cool
  • Playing some Teemo top got me more used to trading with basic attacks, which is a really good skill to have in order to harass with Nami's self-cast E in the early game (love that I can basically hit-confirm before committing to using it)
  • Early game E+W harass packs a nice punch while also keeping you healthy
  • I can somewhat predict movements in the very short term, so landing bubbles is good. Meanwhile, charging up a Janna tornado or taking my teammate's future position into account when using Taric's stun often ends in a whole lot of nothing happening
  • Her ult is incredibly versatile (engaging, disengaging, chasing, zoning)
  • Passive granting extra movespeed is also pretty cool when you need people to run into and out of fights
It's weird for me to hear she's actually harder to use than Janna, since I routinely feed as the latter while keeping a fairly healthy KDA and kill participation as the former. I think it might have to do with my reaction times being pretty awful and that I'm more comfortable when being proactive, but still...

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's the consensus on new Urgot

He seems ok to me. Cleaver/fervor stacking with his W feels fun but his range is just abysmal

JulianImp

He seems ok to me. Cleaver/fervor stacking with his W feels fun but his range is just abysmal

E range and start-up is pretty underwhelming, and W being worse than just auto-atacking most of the time unless you can proc 3+ legs with it is also a bit of a downer. I like that you can double-tap W if you need the shield but don't want the self-slow auto-attacking part and his ult appears to be really strong in teamfights, though.

I think his pitiful range is likely to result in him getting bullied to hell and back by ranged champs (mages, Teemo, Gnar, Kennen), while he has to land his Qs to even dream about going in (E has what, as much range as his basic attacks?), and lacks any kind of sustain to help him outlast attrition-based laners. The only match-up I can somewhat see him doing well in would be against Fiora, and only because she likes moving around opponents while lacking a way to counteract Urgot's attacks like, say, Shen does.

I'd love an excuse to whip him out when playing toplane, though, so hopefully I'm wrong about all this or he gets better.

killatopak

Gold Member

pretty damn tanky and he is a proper juggernaut now and a viable top lane. Has waveclear and a dash and mana costs are pretty low. He's not op or anything. It kinda feels like playing graves since you've got to play around the minion wave in order for your shots to hit.

Kayn is strong. Nasus is broken.

zkylon

zkylewd
while previous patch fixed my champion select issues, would be nice if the game equipped the skin i actually selected...

also just won normal games against teams full of diamonds and another game with a d1 player and a bunch of low diamonds, etc.

stop making excuses envelap, just get rid of that dumb mentality and you'll get back to winning ;)

edit: and sometimes you get 2/14/8 lethality sivir (i dc'd that's why i'm low level low farm)

4Sw5fBE.png

gotta take both types of games with a smile ;)

Top Bottom