• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Quonny

Riot has been messing with the terrain lately. I'm going to predict that one of his abilities removes all the walls or terrain in an area allowing passage for his team. Removes walls on the map and removes things like Jarvin ult and Anivia wall.

Newt

360f81a5bedf9329a91e6707b78d87e5.png

Scratches

Neo Member
During lane phase, as a laner, your main priority is to make sure you don't get ganked, so you want to ward near your lane (bot blue side would ward enemy river bush, or just river if that's too dangerous, red side bot would normally try to ward tribush) [...]
In my experience, one of the hardest thing to explain to new players is where to ward and how to play around vision, so this is a great post GG <3

This fucking game, right? :(

zkylon

zkylewd
I predict that Ornn deliberately made stuff for all three Freljordian factions to create division and civil war
i don't think so, from the lore so far, ornn doesn't seem like the manipulative type

i get the feeling he might be like a legendary hattori hanzo style character with not a lot of involvement in the avarosan family feud

the idea above of him being like a moving secret shop is kind of neat

kind of imagine a weird passive that lets him somehow upgrade his allies' equipment in some way, but that's probably not such a great id

or maybe his ult passive lets him craft an item out of 3, a breastplate, a wand or a sword at lvls 6/11/16, and he actually give that item to his allies, one at a time (well, i guess the jungler gets screwed hehe). item would be more about a weird passive than stats

idk the idea of an actual blacksmith that interacts with the item system is kind of interesting

considering he's designed by inven's designer i wouldn't be surprised

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
finally got some more of my d&d group to play

the Paladin played Garen, the Wizard played Varus in the Mid and our DM played Sivir w/ me the Cleric as Taric on the bottom

we all had a blast. fingers crossed they take to it

----

also played Warwick and tried t figure out the jungle. had a great game, really felt like i understood the flow and his ability really makes it easy to gank.

what other easier junglers are there to try?

Sup league Gaf, looking to get into the game, I have a pretty strong understanding of MOBAS but was wondering where I could go to get the current state of the game? Also need to find the "must learn" characters for each lane. Any pointers in the right direction would be a great help.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sup league Gaf, looking to get into the game, I have a pretty strong understanding of MOBAS but was wondering where I could go to get the current state of the game? Also need to find the "must learn" characters for each lane. Any pointers in the right direction would be a great help.

not sure if there's one site you can get all that info from but here's some useful links:
- solo queue winrates: www.lolalytics.com
- wiki: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com
- reddit: www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/
- beta patches: www.surrenderat20.net

for "must learn" champions idk, some staples of each role could be:
- top tank: maokai
- top bruiser: renekton
- top duelist: fiora
- jungle assassin: lee sin
- jungle mage/assassin: elise
- jungle tank: zac
- jungle bruiser: jarvan iv
- midlane support mage: orianna
- midlane roaming mage: twisted fate
- midlane assassin: zed
- ahri: ahri
- traditional adc: caitlyn
- initiator adc: ashe
- short range adc: lucian
- defensive mage support: janna
- offensive mage support: zyra
- tank support: braum
- engage support: alistar

idk about must learn tho, just some idk "classics" of the different classes of the game

honestly you just choose whatever champion you like, you'll probably find other champions of the same style and most likely build a roster that way

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would not look at Zac right now. Pretty weak outside of competitive/coordinated play. Caitlyn/Ashe/Lucian....low tier picks. If you want an AD carry Tristana is more ability oriented and capable of pushing towers, Draven controls lanes and can pull ahead of everyone else early, Kog'maw shreds people and scales hard. Thresh is power pick support if you want to learn him for tank/CC/utility. Janna is the other OP pick but she is :zzz:. Out of top lane Riven is one of the most consistent champs for general play but has a high skillcap. Jarvan is safe there and flexes to jungle like Maokai. Akali is hidden strong champ right now. Best champs to learn for general jungle play right now are Maokai, Warwick, and Sejuani. Jax is the hidden strong champ out of the jungle right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
6ALdWo6.png

was feeling a bit worried most people had gotten honor 3 before me but i guess they just played more games than me hehe

killatopak

Gold Member
I got Honor level 3 even though I don't give honor to my team mates half of the time. I only give them to the actual worthy ones. Also, I don't get honors often either. Riot's pretty lenient I think. I guess the higher levels would be stricter.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the idea is that honor 3 is gonna be easy to get so that it feels like cleaning up your act has a meaningful and immediate recompense

Reivaxe

sometimes I feel like playing this game again ... but then I remember that my laptop's w key came off and wont stay on and I'd fucking hate to struggle with it in the middle of a game :/

not sure if there's one site you can get all that info from but here's some useful links:
- solo queue winrates: www.lolalytics.com
- wiki: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com
- reddit: www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/
- beta patches: www.surrenderat20.net

for "must learn" champions idk, some staples of each role could be:
- top tank: maokai
- top bruiser: renekton
- top duelist: fiora
- jungle assassin: lee sin
- jungle mage/assassin: elise
- jungle tank: zac
- jungle bruiser: jarvan iv
- midlane support mage: orianna
- midlane roaming mage: twisted fate
- midlane assassin: zed
- ahri: ahri
- traditional adc: caitlyn
- initiator adc: ashe
- short range adc: lucian
- defensive mage support: janna
- offensive mage support: zyra
- tank support: braum
- engage support: alistar

idk about must learn tho, just some idk "classics" of the different classes of the game

honestly you just choose whatever champion you like, you'll probably find other champions of the same style and most likely build a roster that way

Thanks for the detailed reply!

JulianImp

was feeling a bit worried most people had gotten honor 3 before me but i guess they just played more games than me hehe

I honestly don't think I've played more games than you do since the honor update though, not by a long shot. Perhaps I got there slightly earlier than you only due to playing support rather than in solo lanes?

Heck, I've barely been playing pvp as of late, even. Mostly playing bot games and maaaaybe a couple ARAM games two to three times a week at best.

faridmon

The general idea is just try the free rotational champs and just try have fun. There is no strict way of ''learning'' how to play you just dive in

Make sure you watch couple of streams of higher ELO players in order to get the basics right

DevilDog

Who needs the B button anyway.

I'm guessing upgrading for his team means that you can't start building items from him, just finish the ones you're already started?

any copy pastable info i can see at work?

PASSIVE: LIVING FORGE & MASTER CRAFTSMAN

Living Forge: Ornn can spend gold to forge items for himself any time he's out of combat. For convenience, suggested items appear in a special on-screen menu. Ornn can also open the shop manually to build any item.

Master Craftsman: Ornn and his teammates have access to special upgrades for select items in the shop. Each player is limited to one of these upgrades.

Q: VOLCANIC RUPTURE

Ornn slams the ground, sending out a fissure that deals physical damage and slows enemies. After a small delay, a magma pillar forms at the target location, functioning like a tiny wall for a few seconds.

W: BELLOWS BREATH

Ornn becomes unstoppable, shields himself, and belches out flames. These flames deal a portion of the enemy's current health as magic damage. Enemies struck by the final gout of flame become Brittle. Ornn's basic attacks knock back Brittle targets.
BRITTLE

When Brittle, enemies suffer a portion of their maximum health as bonus damage when struck by immobilizing effects. Immobilizing effects also last longer when used on Brittle enemies.

E: SEARING CHARGE

Ornn charges, dealing damage to enemies he passes through. If Ornn collides with terrain while charging, the impact creates a shockwave that deals damage and knocks up enemies. This ability destroys player-created terrain.

R: CALL OF THE FORGE GOD

Ornn summons a massive fire elemental at a target location. It then travels toward him with increasing speed. Enemies run over by the elemental take magic damage and become Brittle.

Ornn can recast this ability to charge forward. If he strikes the elemental with the charge, he'll redirect it. The redirected elemental will then knock up all struck enemies, dealing the same damage as before and applying the Brittle effect.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
any copy pastable info i can see at work?
He is a cool looking blacksmith dwarf kind of character. He can shop anywhere. He has a big Ram that runs at him and then he knocks it away to redirect it at the enemy where they get knocked up. He extends crowd control. Looks like my kind of guy.

Reivaxe

Wait, is he like ... a prehistoric Yordle?

He's short and furry ... but he's buff and has horns ... but Gnar can turn into a giant monster so why not?

pigeon

Banned
NEW CHAMPION FACT CHECK TIME

I predict that Ornn deliberately made stuff for all three Freljordian factions to create division and civil war

Unknown, probably false!

Riot has been messing with the terrain lately. I'm going to predict that one of his abilities removes all the walls or terrain in an area allowing passage for his team. Removes walls on the map and removes things like Jarvin ult and Anivia wall.

Half true!

I predict that one of his abilities will allow his team to buy from the shop near him.

Half true!

Will he be SOIYA?

I don't know what this means so I'm gonna say mostly true!

i get the feeling he might be like a legendary hattori hanzo style character with not a lot of involvement in the avarosan family feud

kind of imagine a weird passive that lets him somehow upgrade his allies' equipment in some way, but that's probably not such a great id

True and true!

Still no new cute girls zzzzzzz trash game

Most true!

zkylon

zkylewd
PASSIVE: LIVING FORGE & MASTER CRAFTSMAN

Living Forge: Ornn can spend gold to forge items for himself any time he's out of combat. For convenience, suggested items appear in a special on-screen menu. Ornn can also open the shop manually to build any item.

Master Craftsman: Ornn and his teammates have access to special upgrades for select items in the shop. Each player is limited to one of these upgrades.

Q: VOLCANIC RUPTURE

Ornn slams the ground, sending out a fissure that deals physical damage and slows enemies. After a small delay, a magma pillar forms at the target location, functioning like a tiny wall for a few seconds.

W: BELLOWS BREATH

Ornn becomes unstoppable, shields himself, and belches out flames. These flames deal a portion of the enemy's current health as magic damage. Enemies struck by the final gout of flame become Brittle. Ornn's basic attacks knock back Brittle targets.
BRITTLE

When Brittle, enemies suffer a portion of their maximum health as bonus damage when struck by immobilizing effects. Immobilizing effects also last longer when used on Brittle enemies.

E: SEARING CHARGE

Ornn charges, dealing damage to enemies he passes through. If Ornn collides with terrain while charging, the impact creates a shockwave that deals damage and knocks up enemies. This ability destroys player-created terrain.

R: CALL OF THE FORGE GOD

Ornn summons a massive fire elemental at a target location. It then travels toward him with increasing speed. Enemies run over by the elemental take magic damage and become Brittle.

Ornn can recast this ability to charge forward. If he strikes the elemental with the charge, he'll redirect it. The redirected elemental will then knock up all struck enemies, dealing the same damage as before and applying the Brittle effect.
He is a cool looking blacksmith dwarf kind of character. He can shop anywhere. He has a big Ram that runs at him and then he knocks it away to redirect it at the enemy where they get knocked up. He extends crowd control. Looks like my kind of guy.
sounds really cool

is he gonna be a jungler or a support or something?

drawkcaB

He has all the tools necessary to be a tank jungler (%health damage, gap closer, CC) it's going to entirely depend on where Riot put his power. But as of right now, if I had to guess, Ornn jungle is going to end up like Poppy jungle, perfect fine, just not his primary role.

And that's just fine to me. Definitely going to try him out in the jungle. Hell, he's even animal inspired to boot, so I don't have to break my jungle rule!

Leezard

Ornn looks really cool. He has a simple kit, yet his abilities are powerful and has quite unique properties. Cool stuff.

Reivaxe

The lore calls him a Demigod, so maybe? Depending on what that other half is.

But arnt characters like Diana and Leo also called "demigods" to? He seems to not like gods dicking around with things.
I feel like he's an old ass Yordle (not as old as Gnar) that just likes to be left alone and being a demigod is just part of the lore people made up around him cause then never see him.

Anyway, he seems like he has some things that I WANTED from a small Poppy reworking ( as in, Poppy is supposedly seen as a Warden by Riot but most people want to play her as and engage champ and they gutted her in many ways to push this narrative of her being a peeler/ warden champ. Personally I would much prefer they turn her into a diver like WW who can either deal dmg or act as a front line depending on what you buy but if forced to be a tank I'd like her to be an engage tank who has free use of her E to engage ore disengage and for her ult to be more controlled as to set up for massive engages over knock-a-way disengage).

Seems like he would be great in coordinated team play. But I feel like that's the case with most well designed Tanks. In solo you can't count on a team of mooks following you into battle unless you're hella fed cause many people don't understand the importance of Hard CC.

Seems like with Kayn he could Top/ Jg. Haven't played Kayn yet but if he gets SuperTop's stamp of approval I'm sure that, much like WW top, I can make it work.

Top Bottom