• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Reivaxe

I L L A O I S K I N W H E N

join me in accepting that she's a forgotten character and lets move on together.

Hopefully Eve turns out to be decent in lane and she's cool enuff to be my new top lane waifu who actually gets skins post rework.

Rito should use some of the emotes i make for the discord channel, much more versatile and appropriate than what's shown here (^:

Also mandatory disgust at yet another pandering garbage ahri skin. Trash skin for a trash champion with trash fans :^)

w4bZqMx.png

Xater

I think I am getting to the realization that support and carry are my favorite roles. I tried top quite often, but these tanks never quite click for me. Maybe I should play mid more, but that also seems like a lot of pressure.

Reivaxe

I like finisher and last hit stuff. That can strengthen skin themes and your power in personalizing your play.

Emotes ... I feel like they should be character locked as seeing a Jinx emote ontop of a Garen after he Q-Spins-Ult you makes no sense to me. Like character mastery I think it should be locked for the character you're playing at that time ... like, flashing a high mastery you got on Swain as you're playing Lux makes no sense imo.

But that's just me though..

zkylon

zkylewd
can't imagine riot having received a single positive response from a player about gems

it's such a money driven and anti-player thing, it's bizarre coming from riot

I like finisher and last hit stuff. That can strengthen skin themes and your power in personalizing your play.

Emotes ... I feel like they should be character locked as seeing a Jinx emote ontop of a Garen after he Q-Spins-Ult you makes no sense to me. Like character mastery I think it should be locked for the character you're playing at that time ... like, flashing a high mastery you got on Swain as you're playing Lux makes no sense imo.

But that's just me though..
i feel you but i think that'd be too restrictive

would be kind of cool to have all emotes on every champion (like happy, sad, angry, troll, etc. emotes for lux) but i also kind of like seeing specific emotes made with specific champions in mid

Rito should use some of the emotes i make for the discord channel, much more versatile and appropriate than what's shown here (^:

Also mandatory disgust at yet another pandering garbage ahri skin. Trash skin for a trash champion with trash fans :^)

Harold emote in game when??

Quonny

Make emotes for every champion.

Tie emotes to mastery.

Charge IP to unlock them (as a new IP dump since runes are byebye).

Charge RP to add a flourish to them or make them glow.

now emotes aren't total shit, players have to earn them and riot can make some money

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh the league of legends community was asking riot to put advertising in lcs so i guess we get what we deserve...

So far have only get 4 gemstones , and more star guardian skins, I guess those guys are like the renegades or theres are more SG groups out there.

This is the first time a theme skin set get two release right?

I was expecting Illaoi getting a skin

join me in accepting that she's a forgotten character and lets move on together.

Hopefully Eve turns out to be decent in lane and she's cool enuff to be my new top lane waifu who actually gets skins post rework.

Yorick mains just feel so bad for you guys

Leezard

I don't think so, I can't think of any place in SR or TT where this fits:

But who knows.

It's from a new game mode it seems.
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/08/new-game-mode-invasion.html

Very, Very TL;DR: Star Guardians Fight Stuff Together.
Helpful Tl;DR: Invasion is a 5 player PvE mode on a brand new series of maps (yes, plural :) ). Form a squad of your favourite Star Guardians and, alongside your friends, defend the city from a series of monster attacks.
Players: 5
Map: Valoran City Park
Mode type: 5 player co-op battle
Win Condition: Defeat a series of invading space monsters, culminating in a large Boss Fight.
=======================
Details!
Mode Flow
Each game ”run" is made up of a series of 7 different encounters, followed by a final Boss Fight against ”The Big One".
Between each encounter, you'll be given a flat amount of Gold and a Level, and will have time to purchase items. Whenever you're ready to move on, channel on the large star in the center of the area. Once everyone is ready, you'll begin the next fight.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Technically there are not just two sets of releases for Star Guardian skins. The original Star Guardian Lux came out a year before the next set with Lulu, Janna, Poppy, and Jinx.

pigeon

Banned
So far have only get 4 gemstones , and more star guardian skins, I guess those guys are like the renegades or theres are more SG groups out there.

This is the first time a theme skin set get two release right?

I was expecting Illaoi getting a skin

They really should've done Star Guardian Illaoi, not even joking.

Xater

Make emotes for every champion.

Tie emotes to mastery.

Charge IP to unlock them (as a new IP dump since runes are byebye).

Charge RP to add a flourish to them or make them glow.

now emotes aren't total shit, players have to earn them and riot can make some money

Paragon is basically just doing that. You level up a hero and to up the mastery you have to use Reputation/IP. You can get Skins, Emotes and shit from that. It's a good system.

They're saving Illaoi for another genre of anime.

Eh, would be cool to see her as an SG skin and break the mold of skirt cute girls like Riot did with Jinx.

Paragon is basically just doing that. You level up a hero and to up the mastery you have to use Reputation/IP. You can get Skins, Emotes and shit from that. It's a good system.

Heroes of the storm do that too, and if the box drops during an event you can get event stuff too

Xater

Heroes of the storm do that too, and if the box drops during an event you can get event stuff too

Didn't know that. Haven't played HOTS since they introduced the rewards upgrade, due to the lack of a good machine to run it on. Yeah if I have one complaint it's that Riot could probably make a better rewards system. Other games in the genre are doing better.

zkylon

zkylewd
They really should've done Star Guardian Illaoi, not even joking.
i kind of agree

syndra and ahri are pretty redundant (like janna and soraka) and ahri makes more money so just do ahri and illaoi

illaoi is not the bestest of fits but she'd be more original

I've had a lot of success the last two Rumble games I've played going Boots/4 start and 2 points in E. Laning is so easy! Hardly missed a single creep all lane against Swain and Nasus, and his E poke when in danger zone is pretty substantial. I don't know if anyone else here plays Rumble, but with Q CD so bad early game the old permapush lane phase isn't really possible anymore, and it's harder to CS with it due to reduced minion damage, so E is a more important spell than it used to be. Worth keeping in mind I think, especially in matchups like Nasus where you don't want to push with Q or Swain where movespeed wins the matchup by making his snare useless.

In matchups where you actually get harassed Boots would be pretty bad, but against short range champs you can just run around them the whole time and pick off creeps/poke. Of course, you're squishier for ganks than with Doran's or Ruby Crystal, so there's always a tradeoff.

Dekutulla

honestly I'd be fine with timed loot exclusive skins if, like, boxes didn't require you to get S ranks and even only then if you've not gotten a box from that champ all season

if you're gonna do loot crate exclusives then at least make them easier to get, you bastards

dimb

Illaoi is not the right fit for a mahou shoujo skin line. I can't say that some of the new designs really sell the magical girl concept well either. Miss Fortune is especially offbase but Soraka and Syndra are good at least. I feel like they really locked themselves into Sailor Moon offshoots though so the outcome of the skin line has started to feel very conservative.
just checking but Urgot's W does apply the slow from frozen mallet right?
Yes, and you really need it...

Didn't know that. Haven't played HOTS since they introduced the rewards upgrade, due to the lack of a good machine to run it on. Yeah if I have one complaint it's that Riot could probably make a better rewards system. Other games in the genre are doing better.

Riot have an awkward system, dailies for material you would probably wont have time to gather just for one piece of the set you probably use money to buy it and save all your time

zkylon

zkylewd
having seen the models, yeah, whatever

it's riot so they're not bad quality, but it looks like a very uninmaginative cashgrab

real lame, star guardian could've been an awesome skin line that releases skins one or two at a time, slowly building up a team, maybe making some villains also or set up characters rivalries or whatever. they did the anime thing so clearly they like the idea of creating a universe around skin lines, then why do this crap :/

instead they gave star guardian skins to like 10% of the roster lol

so lame

drawkcaB

Just had a chance to try out Ornn jungle, just clearing around and stuff. Clear speed is and sustain are in line with the other meta tanks, easily, if not even better (and this is with huge lag spikes on the PBE right now). His W makes quick work of any camp.

Frankly...I think he's busted. You can do a solo raptor start with ease and once you hit level 4, buy a pair of boots and ruby crystal or a smite upgrade and off you go again. His sustain is good enough that refilling the refillable potion isn't really that big of a deal. I assumed there would be some sort of penalty to using his passive beyond the fact that he can't take damage prior to and while using it, but it pretty much free to use whenever. It doesn't take any time at all, and from what I can tell he doesn't take any addition damage when using it, doesn't pay extra gold for the benefit There's zero drawback to having a mobile shop. Insanely potent (broken) stuff. This is the sort of shit I'd be comfortable putting on an ultimate as a passive.

His ultimate can actually be knocked in the same direction it was traveling, so you can use it as an insanely long engage tool if you want to. It's an exceptionally strong ult thanks to it applying brittle and on top, so I assumed that you could only knock it back in certain directions, therefore giving opposing players some counter play, but you can literally call it behind you, knock it forward, apply brittle, AA, W the enemy, brittle, AA...that would be ~25% max health + ~25% current health damage within about 2 seconds (numbers are approx, can't remember the actual values right now). Mechanically, it's a very satisfying ult to use.

Speaking of brittle, that thing needs a per target cooldown. It's somewhere around ~6s with max CDR, way too easy to apply.

I feel like his kit needs to be gated more than it actually is.

zkylon

zkylewd
mjoKXrU.png

ye like i thought it's not something you're probably gonna until you have ur core items

like 1000g for 55 ap is pretty sweet but i doubt you'll prefer having 55 ap than putting that money towards void staff or something

redemption upgrade looks kind of awful for lategame but maybe there's some weird strat u can do with an early upgrade into something weird

idk

These Vayne buffs on PBE are bonkers. A bonus damage no longer crits, but it applies two W stacks, increased damage from 12 to 14%, and takedowns during ult restores 20% of Target's max health.

Rito banned a pre-made for cheesing Ascension.

lmao

Did they seriously ban them for doing that? What the hell will their reason be? They found a cheese way to win, it's not the same as proxy Singed because EVERYONE in the team was on it.

mjoKXrU.png

ye like i thought it's not something you're probably gonna until you have ur core items

like 1000g for 55 ap is pretty sweet but i doubt you'll prefer having 55 ap than putting that money towards void staff or something

redemption upgrade looks kind of awful for lategame but maybe there's some weird strat u can do with an early upgrade into something weird

idk

yeah that's gonna be broken in combination with his kit

if only because in pro games they tend to go late game, being able to outgear your opponent will be huge. And ornns kit isn't bad either, strong initiation. So being able to buff his groups items like that is huge. Yeah it costs money, but by late game you usually have an excess of money.

Did they seriously ban them for doing that? What the hell will their reason be? They found a cheese way to win, it's not the same as proxy Singed because EVERYONE in the team was on it.

One guy told Riot about it so they could check it out and then Riot banned all of them for intentionally feeding.

dimb

"Win"? They just kept the game going indefinitely until a surrender is forced by whichever team is sick or wants to leave first.

zkylon

zkylewd

but everyone on the enemy team wanted to play league of legends...

yeah that's gonna be broken in combination with his kit

if only because in pro games they tend to go late game, being able to outgear your opponent will be huge. And ornns kit isn't bad either, strong initiation. So being able to buff his groups items like that is huge. Yeah it costs money, but by late game you usually have an excess of money.
lol pro games don't tend to go late game -__-

One guy told Riot about it so they could check it out and then Riot banned all of them for intentionally feeding.

Isn't the point of having a rule against feeding was it's because it makes your teammates feel awful whilst costing them a game? Is it fair if you get chat banned for cussing at each other (jokingly or otherwise) through team chat in a 5-man premade if none of you report each other?

"Win"? They just kept the game going indefinitely until a surrender is forced by whichever team is sick or wants to leave first.

I mean, no one stopped them from surrendering. It doesn't take 60 minutes to make it obvious that there's no chance of winning anymore. It's akin to torturing an enemy team if your own team has a massive lead and they have zero chance for comebacks because you've got a massive gold lead and warded their entire jungle.

but everyone on the enemy team wanted to play league of legends...

They can click the surrender button and play the next game. They didn't exploit any bug like that Flash mastery bug. 15 minutes is already enough to realize where the match is headed.

It's a waste of time because both of them made it so. This just felt more like Riot trying to punish players for finding a flaw in the design itself, there's no glitch or bug to speak of. Players played by the rules. It's like taking AD bruiser team in the League of Cleavers era.

zkylon

zkylewd
I mean, no one stopped them from surrendering. It doesn't take 60 minutes to make it obvious that there's no chance of winning anymore. It's akin to torturing an enemy team if your own team has a massive lead and they have zero chance for comebacks because you've got a massive gold lead and warded their entire jungle.

They can click the surrender button and play the next game. They didn't exploit any bug like that Flash mastery bug. 15 minutes is already enough to realize where the match is headed.

It's a waste of time because both of them made it so. This just felt more like Riot trying to punish players for finding a flaw in the design itself, there's no glitch or bug to speak of. Players played by the rules. It's like taking AD bruiser team in the League of Cleavers era.
those comparisons make no sense

this is a team of people dedicated to not playing league of legends but instead their own little joke that's not fun for anyone but themselves

they can fuck off and play their mode in customs with their friends

when ppl like that get banned it's because they've done their cheese a bunch of times and no one likes playing against it

it's an exploit, it's not a balance issue, it's not making the game unbalanced, it's making the game broken

Top Bottom