• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

JulianImp

Yokai/Oni Ahri would be nuts for the next Lunar event but Ahri is already on japanese folkore no?

Lunar revel is an event for the Chinese new year, and has nothing to do with Japanese culture, actually (they don't celebrate it themselves, even). Then again, kumiho is the Korean name given to mythological nine-tailed foxes, which are indeed seen in Japanese folklore (and probably Chinese as well), so you could say that Ahri belongs to chinese folklore anyway. Her clothes are Korean AFAIK though, so they could always release a more Chinese-looking skin for her, I guess.

Next year's going to be the year of the dog though, so I bet we'll be getting Lunar Revel Nasus as the main skin.

zkylon

zkylewd
afaik she was released around the time the korean server launched so she's korean because koreans are the best at everything

23qwerty

god my UI was so fucked up there, all the champion stats when you tabbed were stacked on top of each other, had to get my gf to tab so I could see the stats and items.

My health bar at the bottom was permanently empty and would flash red whenever I took damage
the timers at the top of tabbing was missing completely

So annoying

killatopak

Gold Member
this akuma chun li ahri thing just looks fucking cool

and i love pixelart so

champions_of_legend_by_orkimides-d8jq07c.png

champions_of_legend_vol_2_by_orkimides-dazsxdb.png

really cool shit

Is there a riven pixel art? I'd make that my avatar.

killatopak

Gold Member
TY Zky. I'd be making that my avatar in the near future.

When the enemy tries to ADC in 2017 you and you counter with assassins in 2017.

Though Kayle ADC only works in super weak lanes like Ezreal/Blitz.

pretty stupid to build armor items in a predominantly ap team.

Newt

yeah that frozen heart on blitz seems shit. doubt rengar was focusing him. did he want it to slow your attacks??
To be honest, frozen heart wasn't that bad of a buy. Around 1/3 of Kayle's damage is AD, and our Kennen was completely useless that game. Blitz was mostly being focused by Rengar and I.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What do you mean? Ranked MMR just ranks you against people at your level. I don't get your point.
How valuable is an MMR rating that isn't mid/high diamond? How bad can someone bomb their MMR just by playing roles they don't main? Buying smurfs just supports account theft...

Buying a smurf is dumb. You open yourself to account security issues and it's likely to just get banned at some point anyway.

If you want a smurf for some reason don't be lazy and just level it.

zkylon

zkylewd
buying clean leveled accounts isn't really morally wrong since those are just bot leveled so no one was harmed in the process (low level ppl can't even tell and it was always bot wars in 3v3s and dominion anyways lol) and the account security/risk of ban stuff doesn't matter since that account is meant to be disposable. don't buy an account that's already ranked since that is possibly stolen and you definitely don't want that

i think generally buying an account for smurfing is really dumb since rito now basically handled you an easy way to smurf in the form of flex queue, so why bother. only time i think it's smart to buy a clean leveled account is when you're playing in another server, which is a shitty thing to have to do but it's the only option riot leaves you with because of their terrible region locking stuff

it's not a matter of being lazy, league is not an mmo, grinding is not part of this game and grinding in league is specially terrible since u can't even zone out like you would in an mmo. that's definitely on riot for not having a solution to people playing in different regions and until they do you gotta make do with what you have, so account share and buy all you want as long as you don't harm anyone, i say

edit: i would much rather give that money to riot but the way they treat region changing is just unacceptable

solution would be to just allow cross region play, period, but still make it so u have a main server which is where u can buy shit and play ranked. when u log in to other servers with ur old account you have all ur champions, skins and whatnot, but u can only play normals and customs (and maybe flex kek). if you want to play ranked you have to transfer your account like you do today. the server separation also still exists, so it's not like you're gonna be constantly matched to people from other regions. also friends should be shared across regions

there's issues to a system like this (like there's two dudes with accounts named "narutoDave999" in both na and kr and now one of them has to change it), but imo it's worth the trouble

TY Zky. I'd be making that my avatar in the near future.
nice

lemme know if u need help

voice sounds like it's gonna be a good galio but that's not the igor i know and love -___-

i hope new galio is still a mage

Talents

Banned
Oh god Zky reminded me of the guy on EUW who has the name "Talents" yet never fucking plays. JUST GIVE ME THE NAME HE HASN'T PLAYED SINCE 2015 AND EVEN THEN HE ONLY PLAYED 2 GAMES SINCE 2014 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

e2e863b840e2c6396c342f3afe54fae0.png

JulianImp

What Ekko could have been.....

Zed is basically non-time Dio, though. He'd probably be an absurdly easy model swap for that one LoL rip-off that had Shrek in it:
  • Q throws knives instead of shurikens
  • W sends out The World, and he can swap places with it because ZA WARUDO
  • E does a silly spin (probably with a MUDAMUDA voice clip)
  • R has him use The World to teleport behind opponents, he hits them a lot, and then when his mark procs you hear "now time moves again"

See? it's perfect (besides his E)! Even his passive of preying upon the weak works thematically for Dio.

subtles

Zed should be chained up, though.

Oh god Zky reminded me of the guy on EUW who has the name "Talents" yet never fucking plays. JUST GIVE ME THE NAME HE HASN'T PLAYED SINCE 2015 AND EVEN THEN HE ONLY PLAYED 2 GAMES SINCE 2014 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

e2e863b840e2c6396c342f3afe54fae0.png

Probably just plays enough to keep the name to torture you.

buying clean leveled accounts isn't really morally wrong since those are just bot leveled so no one was harmed in the process (low level ppl can't even tell and it was always bot wars in 3v3s and dominion anyways lol)

Sorry but that's absolutely false. Botted accounts do cause harm, and playing with or against a bot is a shitty experience. Especially for new players. I've had many new players complain about bots to me. It's people sacrificing the experience of others in the game just so they can make a quick buck by doing something against ToS.

Talents

Banned
Sorry but that's absolutely false. Botted accounts do cause harm, and playing with or against a bot is a shitty experience. Especially for new players. I've had many new players complain about bots to me. It's people sacrificing the experience of others in the game just so they can make a quick buck by doing something against ToS.

New players aren't gonna have much fun against Diamond+ players stomping them every game either though, which from my experience is what happens when I level on the NA server.

JulianImp

Played today's match and was paired by the dumbest adc I've seen in my life. My Miss Fortune didn't understand when I told her to "not push", and then tried simplifying it to "please only last-hit, because that way we'll be harder to gank while Yi's ganks will become better", and yet she failed to do that. She was also 30-something cs when the enemy Ez was almost 80, and not because of lane harass (she just sucked hard at csing). It was a good thing our Garen and Veigar snowballed and carried us, with some decent plays by Yi as well. Still, we were 0/4 early on in botlane, so I was fearing the worst.

And this is another example of my awful map awareness, because I was expecting our team to lose due to awful performance in lane, but I didn't take into account that much of the enemy team's score was in botlane, while our other lanes got fed and went on to win the game.

Edit: Regarding account levelling, I'd agree that it's a real pain. Having to play hundreds of games to level up to 30 isn't much of a learning experience, and it gives you subpar builds by default because you can't equip all rune slots or assign all mastery points. Talking with Zky we agreed that buying champs with IP is still a pain, but by comparison it plus the free champion rotation means newer players can slowly get accustomed to the game by often playing normals against whatever's available at the time.

Having to play from thirty to sixty normal games (or a multiplying that by five if you play against AIs) to get most champs does feel like quite a grind, but the worst part IMO are runes, since you can only get the most basic tier three ones for "cheap" and more specific ones that might be more optimal for particular champions can cost you over 6K IP per set. By comparison, runes feel like a waste, since while purchasing a new champ gives you access to a cool new toy, runes "merely" affect your build in terms of raw numbers, which are a lot less exciting (ie: getting 0.33% more movement speed when you upgrade a quint from tier 2 to 3 is as unexciting as watching paint dry, even though it does make quite a difference in-game).

subtles

I always thought it would be neat if Riot sold lvl 30 accounts granted you linked it to an account you already had that played over a certain number of games/ranked games. Having 2-3 accounts with the same content would have been nice but it's quite obvious why they would never do it.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Played today's match and was paired by the dumbest adc I've seen in my life. My Miss Fortune didn't understand when I told her to "not push", and then tried simplifying it to "please only last-hit, because that way we'll be harder to gank while Yi's ganks will become better", and yet she failed to do that. She was also 30-something cs when the enemy Ez was almost 80, and not because of lane harass (she just sucked hard at csing). It was a good thing our Garen and Veigar snowballed and carried us, with some decent plays by Yi as well. Still, we were 0/4 early on in botlane, so I was fearing the worst.

And this is another example of my awful map awareness, because I was expecting our team to lose due to awful performance in lane, but I didn't take into account that much of the enemy team's score was in botlane, while our other lanes got fed and went on to win the game.
There is nothing you can say during a game to fix anyone else's mistakes and it's not only unproductive and rude to try and micro them but you're lowering your own focus and taking away from the things you could be doing better. Go into a higher level game and try to tell people what to do and they'll tell you rightfully to fuck off. The only time you should be typing that much is to flame them in the post game lobby.

New players aren't gonna have much fun against Diamond+ players stomping them every game either though, which from my experience is what happens when I level on the NA server.

We have smurf detection. The system knows withing two or three games if you're a smurf and around what level you're at and will place you with other smurfs or high levelled players.

JulianImp

There is nothing you can say during a game to fix anyone else's mistakes and it's not only unproductive and rude to try and micro them but you're lowering your own focus and taking away from the things you could be doing better. Go into a higher level game and try to tell people what to do and they'll tell you rightfully to fuck off. The only time you should be typing that much is to flame them in the post game lobby.

The thing is I had a very similar game were I asked my adc to freeze lane, they asked for clarification and then succesfully started slow-pushing, which gave us a great advantage. I get that being too pushy might end up tilting people rather than helping them realize what they're doing wrong, but many times I've found myself making mistakes that I've corrected when someone pointed them out to me (such as a Jhin telling me I should use Nami's ult defensively instead of offensively against a CC-heavy enemy team a couple days ago).

On the other hand, ignoring the issues and flaming people in post-game lobby sounds even more pointless and toxic. It's almost like making a drive-thru hate post in here and being happy with yourself for a job well done. While some people might be put off by others telling them what they could be doing better, they should at the very least get it as long as you aren't looking down on them. Nagging them over and over is always a bad idea, but who knows, they might learn something they didn't know (ie: build qss against their malz).

Also, comparing low bronze with a "higher level game" makes no sense, since down here many of us still suck at the basics of the game (csing, itemization, trades, roaming, wave control, objectives, map awareness) that it's likely that your teammate doing things wrong merely knows no better rather than obstinately clinging onto a suboptimal way of playing just for the heck of it.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
On the other hand, ignoring the issues and flaming people in post-game lobby sounds even more pointless and toxic.
These skills are absolutely necessary to develop as a league player. Bronze players giving out advice to each other during game is like a fat person giving out advice while failing his diet. You might be right but you're not in the right and most people are gonna give you a bit of side-eye. If you really wanna improve then coaching/replay analysis while being teachable will yield a significantly larger gain over a short amount of time. You could be out of bronze within a couple of weeks easily.

JulianImp

These skills are absolutely necessary to develop as a league player. Bronze players giving out advice to each other during game is like a fat person giving out advice while failing his diet. You might be right but you're not in the right and most people are gonna give you a bit of side-eye. If you really wanna improve then coaching/replay analysis while being teachable will yield a significantly larger gain over a short amount of time. You could be out of bronze within a couple of weeks easily.

Again, talking down to them might be the case, but who says we can't see flaws in others despite being flawed ourselves (damn, that almost sounds too deep to be a post about LoL)? Like, I'm not an S-tier support by any means, but having watched some videos and playing top got me to understand some basics about lane management, to the point I can notice when my adc could do things differently to eke out a small advantage. Should I shut up about that and only go "gg adc, go lookup 'wave control' in youtube. plzkthnkx" in post-game chat? IMO, all that does is make you look like a jerk, and if you're looking to maximize your chances of winning, it's a better idea to try and get a failing teammate to improve during your game than afterwards (since who knows if you'll ever get to play him again, anyway).

Expecting everyone to be assholes that reply "leave me alone" upon any sort of suggestion is akin to viewing all your teammates as obstinate and toxic players, which is more likely to lead to losses than suggesting something. I insist, it isn't about copy-pasting stuff or pinging them repeatedly to "try and get them in line" (which is a laughable course of action), but rather a friendly recommendation like when you tell people laning against Teemo to get sweeper lens to fight back against his mushroom spam.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Zyra skin is good. Not sure why this would be upset people when the last major Zyra skin was the Halloween one in 2013. Honestly thought the Xin Zhao skin was just Jarvan. Seems like a strange choice.

Zyra skin is good. Not sure why this would be upset people when the last major Zyra skin was the Halloween one in 2013. Honestly thought the Xin Zhao skin was just Jarvan. Seems like a strange choice.

It's not upsetting to people in the generic sense, it's upsetting to Breezy.

Top Bottom