• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

but valentine quinn's not really pandering lol?

is elementalist lux pandering because she wears a skirt?

i don't get if ur idea of killing objectification means putting women on baggy cargo pants or whatever

the problem with u is that you have no middle ground, zyra (or elise or syndra) as designs are objectifying, but valentine quinn isn't

the fact that u can't see that makes me feel like you're unprepared for this discussion and just want to be mad at not getting a skin for ur champion

it's understandable cos really, why is xin zhao ok and not swain lol, but don't blame it on zyra dood

Heartseeker quinn is wearing a top bearing out her chest and skintight leggings that had to be fully textured after it came on ptr because otherwise it looked like she was wearing thigh high leggings like a hooker.

And hey, there is a middle ground. But that is lost when seemingly every other skin riot releases is just an objectification of a character. And Im not saying put her in baggy pants rofl. Nobody is saying that. Youre the one bringing up baggy pants and dressed. Ritos idea of "lets put a low cut tight top" is so overused that its laughable.

And elementalist lux is actually pretty tame because atleast its a variety of dresses. Shes more stylish than sexy.

And the xin skin sucks too. Looks like that one jarvan skin.

Leezard

Im only using a robe as an example because zky brought that up.

But changing silhouttes isnt one of ritos concern, because someone like lux and her ultimate changes her silhoutte by giving her a dress of sorts(depending on the transformation). If people have trouble recognizing Zyra through her silhoutte, maybe its because her frame is too generic as a slim sexualized woman?

Zyra has a generic silhouette for sure. The Zyra-Elise days of champ design were dark.

zkylon

zkylewd
Heartseeker quinn is wearing a top bearing out her chest and skintight leggings that had to be fully textured after it came on ptr because otherwise it looked like she was wearing thigh high leggings like a hooker.

And hey, there is a middle ground. But that is lost when seemingly every other skin riot releases is just an objectification of a character. And Im not saying put her in baggy pants rofl. Nobody is saying that. Youre the one bringing up baggy pants and dressed. Ritos idea of "lets put a low cut tight top" is so overused that its laughable.

And elementalist lux is actually pretty tame because atleast its a variety of dresses. Shes more stylish than sexy.

And the xin skin sucks too. Looks like that one jarvan skin.
i mean you're asking for fat and malformed characters so idk, you kind of are talking about baggy pants and shit

saying things like "every other skin is just an objectification of a character" or complaining about how short quinn's pbe leggings are (why are u complaining about unreleased stuff???) is just inaccurate and weird

One nerf at a time until the next rework
that's the big one

i think it should be like 0.5 regular snare, 1.5 empowered snare?

Talents

Banned
Get in a lobby where everyone gets their main roles, everyone's nice, we have a really good team comp. Someone on enemy team dodges at last second.

Next lobby get a team who flame each other cause they didn't get their main roles, only 2 of the 5 of us got our main roles.

I love it.

i mean you're asking for fat and malformed characters so idk, you kind of are talking about baggy pants and shit

saying things like "every other skin is just an objectification of a character" or complaining about how short quinn's pbe leggings are (why are u complaining about unreleased stuff???) is just inaccurate and we

The point was that it looked bad. Heartseeker quinn before the fix was literally half naked moreso than after the fix. The original intention of the skin as created was a half naked quinn.

Intention is important zky. As for me wanting more diversity in female characters...ok? That doesnt mean baggy pants. Male characters range from Veigar to Urgot to Galio to Garen to Jhin. Rito is getting better with female characters, unfortunately its always two steps back when they release a sezualized skin. "But thats just how zyra is" isnt a valid excuse. Great, you can make a bunch of skins for zyra that dont objectify her. They chose to objectify.

Lets not forget the travesty that was the very original Lux where she had too much make up. Again, as with quinn, just because they ended up changing her doesnt take away from the original intention behind the design, in this case oversexualization. Its good that rito can catch themselves on it, but they need to apply it to everything.

You can create a good skin that doesnt devolve to pandering with skin tight clothing and having to bare half the bust. Even for characters that were created as objectified women.

Leezard

Well well well

bpX9MkF.jpg

Aatrox rework on pbe

His new blood well does not seem completely unlike Rumble's heat. You get it up to 100% to gain combat stats and revive passive.

I could take your complaints more seriously if you played the game.

One of the reasons I dont play is because of the pandering riot does. Come now newt, trying to disregard someones argument against the art in a game because they dont play is sad even for you.

subtles

Newt was right about Dignitas. I warmed up to Smeb since he plays a lot of Rumble but it's really sad seeing ssumday like this. T_T

Is the competitive League thread no longer a thing? I've been away for a while and haven't seen it at all recently.

One of the reasons I dont play is because of the pandering riot does. Come now newt, trying to disregard someones argument against the art in a game because they dont play is sad even for you.
Breezy, look at it this way, with the Zyra skin Riot has officially started the evil dragon trainer skin line, Dragon Master Swain is closer than ever

Naut is fine,(Q) better hook than Thresh, W have a nice shield that scales on his health and her E is weird but useful to counter gank or TFs, his R maybe needs a rework but fine as it is

Ever

Banned

Damn. Those changes are crazy for tank tops, especially the changes to give it a free Spectre's Cowl passive from level 1. That's huge, especially against ranged poke laners (aka Jayce, Gnar, Quinn, Lissandra, and more).

The 5 damage buff to minions is also a nice QoL buff, to make last hitting as a tank easier early, esp since they don't build any damage items.

I think it's too strong though, since the gold efficiency numbers are ridiculous and stronger than most other Doran's items atm.

For clarity:

141.65% Cost effectiveness in lane without both passives.
291.65% Cost effectiveness when taking damage from an enemy champion.
185.4% Cost effectiveness when attacking minions.

Doran's ring is 184% cost effective and Doran's Blade is 134% cost effective. Making Doran's shield STRONGER than both, and now stackable.

Sadly it's getting pulled, but hopefully we see a tuned-down version of this item in the future.

Breezy, look at it this way, with the Zyra skin Riot has officially started the evil dragon trainer skin line, Dragon Master Swain is closer than ever

I understand that(After all, Dragon Knight Morde/Dragon Sorceress Zyra/Dragon Master Swain makes sense). But I feel they could've done better on Zyra and y'know, made her a cooler dragon sorceress. You don't call someone a sorceress and then make them have a skintight appearance.

Calvero

Banned
Damn. Those changes are crazy for tank tops, especially the changes to give it a free Spectre's Cowl passive from level 1. That's huge, especially against ranged poke laners (aka Jayce, Gnar, Quinn, Lissandra, and more).

The 5 damage buff to minions is also a nice QoL buff, to make last hitting as a tank easier early, esp since they don't build any damage items.

I think it's too strong though, since the gold efficiency numbers are ridiculous and stronger than most other Doran's items atm.

For clarity:

Doran's ring is 184% cost effective and Doran's Blade is 134% cost effective. Making Doran's shield STRONGER than both, and now stackable.

Sadly it's getting pulled, but hopefully we see a tuned-down version of this item in the future.

i could have see adcs just taking this as a starting item :^)

I understand that(After all, Dragon Knight Morde/Dragon Sorceress Zyra/Dragon Master Swain makes sense). But I feel they could've done better on Zyra and y'know, made her a cooler dragon sorceress. You don't call someone a sorceress and then make them have a skintight appearance.
It works for Game of Thrones

drawkcaB

I always felt like Naut was fine

I partly agree.

But if one of the goals of the class update is to make tanks require a greater degree of skill to play optimally (i.e. Sion'ing other tanks) then Naut is a big candidate. The one skill shot he has is easy as hell to land. W, E, and R are guaranteed to land when in range. His lockdown CC chain is pretty much guaranteed as well and consumes a lot of his power budget. And even though he's not quite the offender that Maokai is, he keeps creeping back in the top lane whenever the meta dictates it's a tank's lane.

It's not that he's the biggest offender as far as having simple kits though, it's also that lots of other potential tanks that could use this treatment have been mentioned as needing full reworks (Rammus, malphite, Volibear, and others), are likely not to be touched (Amumu) or have had a recent rework or mini-rework (Shen, Alistar, Leona).

If we could make a Venn diagram of doesn't need much of an art change / has an overly simple kit with little room for mastery / could use a further refinement of his purpose / hasn't recently had a rework and not slated for a full rework, we're left with a less than a handful of champions, and one of them is Naut, so that's my guess.

Also, "fine" doesn't matter for these class updates. Sejuani is a buff to her passive or early W or E damage buff away from being viable, but Riot is going ahead with a rework.

zkylon

zkylewd
The point was that it looked bad. Heartseeker quinn before the fix was literally half naked moreso than after the fix. The original intention of the skin as created was a half naked quinn.

Intention is important zky. As for me wanting more diversity in female characters...ok? That doesnt mean baggy pants. Male characters range from Veigar to Urgot to Galio to Garen to Jhin. Rito is getting better with female characters, unfortunately its always two steps back when they release a sezualized skin. "But thats just how zyra is" isnt a valid excuse. Great, you can make a bunch of skins for zyra that dont objectify her. They chose to objectify.

Lets not forget the travesty that was the very original Lux where she had too much make up. Again, as with quinn, just because they ended up changing her doesnt take away from the original intention behind the design, in this case oversexualization. Its good that rito can catch themselves on it, but they need to apply it to everything.

You can create a good skin that doesnt devolve to pandering with skin tight clothing and having to bare half the bust. Even for characters that were created as objectified women.
You're drawing intention from a random wip state, so what you're saying is meaningless. Intention is what's released, that's why it was changed to look like this

It's also not two steps backs, stop being dramatic and changing the narrative to fit whatever weirdo agenda u got against league

Ranked disabled, rip LoL

For clarity:

BRB ADs buying the item now

Thats priestess

Nekofrog

Banned
Did you win?

Went 11/2/9 on maokai and yes. It was a silver smurf bit I've just been paying fun normals and messing around with weird stuff because my Internet has had heavy packet loss for the last week but I felt bad that I could have ruined some people's ranked experience by playing under the assumption it was a normal game and goofing around. I should be more cognizant of that.

excuse me the red sorceress wears a longflowing red dress who likes getting naked

You're drawing intention from a random wip state, so what you're saying is meaningless. Intention is what's released, that's why it was changed to look like this

It's also not two steps backs, stop being dramatic and changing the narrative to fit whatever weirdo agenda u got against league

That 'random wip' state, for Lux atleast, was the intended release until there was backlash(And rightfully so.) Them releasing the art and model and then going back and retexturing means that it passed through multiple people who went 'ok we can show them this' and their intention to release it until there was pushback from the playerbase.

It is two steps back. There is no changing narrative here, I've always criticized ritos here(And have since I started posting here regularly). Just because I don't like the art and objectification of women doesn't make it a 'weirdo agenda' zky. I get it you like the sexualization of characters and enjoy posting art that reflects that, but that doesn't mean it's ok to keep objectifying females like that.

Nekofrog

Banned
Not happy with the buffed fervor for irelia even if it is technically better than it was last patch. Still miss the bruiser orientated fervor. I do like the battle trance change, I used it on her anyway and it's a little better now.

Newt

The awkward moment when their Kat is a master's smurf but you're so far ahead of your lane, you're transitioning into an MR tank.

I think this is why Draven is so good right now. You get so far ahead you just build defensive items and the assassins that try to jump on you are squishier and do less damage than you.

Newt

In theory sure

In practice?
Yeah, I mean he's pretty alright.

I know I'm making a lot of game posts, but this meta is so great and robust I love it.

The Cait lethality build is incredibly strong in lane, but it really falls off lategame. I think the best route is probably two lethality items and then transition into a normal crit build. Those Qs though, they were chunking me hard in lane. Good thing it was Soraka support.

Another PBE Patch, another Patch with no Illaoi Skin. And that Zyra skin shoulda been legendary cause it looks like shit with her tame AF animations.

Think I'mma take another break from ranked. At least til I get my new mouse. Only bad thing about normals is that top is just cheese town. "Oh, you wanna learn how to play Cammy? well let me pick Ori and make CSing for you hell anytime I'm in lane cause fuck actually fighting it out, let me just play some shit you'll never face top cause I don't wanna lose lane and I also wanna be annoying :3".

Fucking MF tops ... Ashe tops ... Ori tops. makes me never wanna do normals -_-
Might just start playing Twitch top cause fuck it, why not?

Orianna? Are you playing Camille mid?

Nope. I first Picked Camille top ... they last picked Ori Top.

Last night, I pick Illaoi Top ... they pick MF top and spam make it rain.

Week ago I pick Susan top ... they pick Ashe top with Flash Heal and Vi camps for her. My Hec Jg wasn't interested in punishing a Top ADC with no excapes or mobility so, ya know. That didn't go well.

Cause fuck me I guess, normals are cheese games. :/

You should be able to walk up and destroy any of those champions that early as camille

Kill them and then farm

I guess, if I know what I'm doing. Trying to learn a top champ in normals is something ... you have a good chance of facing some shit you'll never see in ranked half the time.

subtles

Surprised Riven has a 12% play rate as I think I've only seen a fraction of the Riven players compared to previous seasons.

TheFlow

Banned
playing with bronze players gives me headache.

same dumbass mistakes every game. like these people are mentally ill.

example. I warded the red because I knew the blitz team would invade. they did and all camped on my warded. MY dumbass ez then proceeded to go the red camped spot when we all told him not to. he burned a flash and gave first blood.

he then died 2 more times within 5 mins.

I am going to stop playing nami in low elo so at least my winrate doesn't drop with her.

and I went 1/3/19 that game. with several double bubbles and ect.

Top Bottom