• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
maps

zkylon

zkylewd
i think rito was on point with the april fools thing this year

no need to make anything super fancy, this thing is cute and harmless

Tizoc

Anyone got matched with bots in Normals?
My team did and they got destroyed
like badly
I think I had the most if not 2nd most kills.

TheFlow

Banned
Lots of people showed up for the inhouse this week. Good games!

Also 7Flow, don't let a game like that bother you.

Sorry Repgnar. League is the only game where I get toxic. not sure why.

Anyway guys um Janna is fucking op. just won 2 in a row with her. Close to promos.

Someone jumps on your ADC press R

Someone is about to jump on your ADC press Q

ADC is trading press E to win every trade

ADC is chasing down enemy. get in front them for the bonus speed, and W the person running.

You scale so well. Will start playing her more instead of nami against all in comps.

best thing is Cait goes so well with Janna.

faridmon

So now that I have improved not dying as much (except occasions when I am playing against veigar or eve,etc) how can I win games when the rest are not doing as good?

I only win games where everyone listens to sane sound and go after objectives, most of the time they don't.

#Bronzelife

Ever

Banned
I was doing some Reddit digging, and I happened to come across a guide I made to supporting in low elo a few months back. It's not exactly the greatest thing in the world since I'm a support secondary and a top primary, but I want to see what y'all think of it

Here's the link, and the guide is copy-pasted below.

Hello friend.

Let me attach a disclaimer to this saying that I main Top. However, I do play a fair amount of Support, as it's a nice break from the constant brain strain that is laning, and it's good practice for maintaining map awareness.

Now let's get to it. So, you want to climb right? Climbing out of Bronze isn't hard, but it isn't exactly easy either. The best way to climb out of Bronze is to carry your way out. "But Tom, that's super obvious! How do you do that?" Well there's a foolproof way to carry in Bronze. It goes like this:

1. Crush your lane

2. Win Team-fights

It's that simple. But to do that, you should change up your champion pool. There are two key attributes for supports that are king in low elo: Damage, and Hard engage. I have nothing against "supportive" supports like Sona, Soraka, and Janna. They're all consistently good picks in all ELOs. But the thing about these kinds of supports, is that their effectiveness scales relative to the skill of the ADC. Let's be honest here, if you're in Bronze, your ADC is most likely a potato. You want to make your potato ADC's life easy. This is why you want to switch to supports that kill the enemy, or make it easy for your team to kill the enemy.

**Damage** - *Zyra & Brand*. These are the two main picks that deal tons of damage with the least of amount of gold. Zyra is probably the most oppressive laning support in the game right now, with the ability to throw out tons of harass with her plants, as well as having good pick potential with Q and disengage with R. Get a sightstone, then go Sorc Shoes, Liandry's, Rylai's, Void Staff, Zhonya's/GA. Tons of damage and poke. You're essentially a mage with a little more utility.

Brand is a little different, in that while he's not quite as good in lane as Zyra is (he can still do a ton of damage if he procs his passive), but he can absolutely *crush* team-fights because of the % health damage on his passive and because it spreads between enemies, doing tons of AOE damage in a fight. If the enemy team groups, Brand will destroy them, and we all know, people LOVE to group in low elo. Same build as Zyra, swap the order of Rylai's and Liandry's.

Other good picks - Vel'Koz, Lux, and Morgana.

**Hard Engage** - *Leona & Blitzcrank*. I love Leona. She's basically a portable GO button for any fight you want to take. Extremely powerful gank setup, and snowballs super hard since she can picks fights any time she wants. If you see an ADC or enemy carry out of position, Leona will make sure she doesn't get away with that. Plus she's so good for starting favorable fights/getting picks. Just spam ping your team that you're going in. Typing in chat "I'M GOING IN," do what you need to do. Just make sure they're following up. Because Leona will lock you down if you're an ADC and you have the nerve to step out of line vs her.

The thing about Blitzcrank, is that in low elo, he's god-tier. You can miss nearly every single hook in the game as Blitzcrank, but all you need is one good hook. One god-tier hook. It can be straight dumb luck, no one cares. Pull the enemy ADC into your team, and the game is over. Blitz is straight up the best pick champ in the game. If you hook a squishy into your team, they have to blow flash, or die. Blitzcrank wins games off of hooks, and pressure. Just the *threat* of a hook will scare your enemy into playing passively, especially if they're playing squishy champs against you. Just one good hook, and you won lane. Just one good hook, and you won the game. All you need is one.

Other good picks - Malphite, Nautilus, and Sion.

Even if you didn't read anything before this paragraph, I just want you to know that when you play in SoloQ, you should know that while you're in Bronze, your teammates are also in Bronze. They don't hate you. I consider them potatoes. They are friendly, well-meaning potatoes, though. Your job as support, is to pluck your potato teammates out of the ground, and carry them to the market (the enemy nexus). There are many ways to do so, but I'd rather carry potatoes in a wheelbarrow than with my hands.

Oh yeah, and general stuff. Ward, ward, ward. Buy a sightstone, please. Ward early, ward often. Once you win bot turret, look to pressure mid. Protect your carries and yourself first and foremost, can't do any damage if you're dead. Be smart about engaging. Objectives > Kills. Get infernal & mountain drakes. More damage = good. Ward, and ward more. Ward.

I took way more time writing this than I expected, but I was having too much fun with it to stop. I hope you enjoyed this and learned something from it. Good luck :\^)

Tizoc

I mean i know they were bots but my bronze team mates cant havr been THAT bad to get wasted by them
Then again they were bronze and i, for the most part , played as careful as possible against the top jayce

I mean i know they were bots but my bronze team mates cant havr been THAT bad to get wasted by them
Then again they were bronze and i, for the most part , played as careful as possible against the top jayce

niceme.me

In case you're serious, that's just Riot's April Fools thing. They were real people.

Edit: AP NASUS MID ALERT IN EULCS

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
blitz is so fun

i should've bought him earlier for when i get autofilled

like if you land a single hook in lane that should be a dead adc just slap em with your e and ignite and if your adc isn't braindead they're dead, down 2 summs, or both

Repgnar

Am I too late to the in-house

And when are we going to have our drunk in-house

I could get behind this. Voice chat would have to be a necessity since we can't tell if some people are drunk or not based on their play alone.

Don't worry about it 7Flow. My adc is average and I play pretty safe so it's not like I have the ego of Newt so it doesn't really bother me as long as you're fine with me jabbing back.

zkylon

zkylewd
lux being ran support on lck makes me worried about these buffs

ult buffs are just buffs for mid lux but if she turns up being kind of busted as support then she's gonna get support nerfs that are gonna also affect mid lux because no way they'll revert the reset buffs

so the whole balancing around the resets might happen really soon, which would suck

i hate this buff so much, this is just me being neurotic cos that's how i am but i wish she had gotten another kind of buffs (or none at all really)

I mean

Lux was always an odd support that didn't get played much because her offensive skills end up pushing the lane too fast. If these buffs push her over the edge, then she'll get gutted

And the circle will be complete

Tizoc

Is that ap susan match up on yt by any chance?

niceme.me

In case you're serious, that's just Riot's April Fools thing. They were real people.

Edit: AP NASUS MID ALERT IN EULCS
I knew it was weird that one of them laughed
Still i do hope this data helps them out in some wAy

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I mean

Lux was always an odd support that didn't get played much because her offensive skills end up pushing the lane too fast. If these buffs push her over the edge, then she'll get gutted

And the circle will be complete
Where do these ideas you get come from? Serious question.

Where do these ideas you get come from? Serious question.

Her E hits like everything. Not only that but in bot lane dynamics, using E would undoubtedly hit minions if the opponent is correctly using their minions as a shield. When you get to her Ultimate, chances are you'll be hitting minions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Her E hits like everything. Not only that but in bot lane dynamics, using E would undoubtedly hit minions if the opponent is correctly using their minions as a shield. When you get to her Ultimate, chances are you'll be hitting minions.
lulu zyra malzahar mf???

Joco

Well that April Fool's thing got our team. Whole game we were debating whether they were bots or real people. Probably cost us how much time with spent talking about it. Anyway we got crushed.

Calvero

Banned
I could get behind this. Voice chat would have to be a necessity since we can't tell if some people are drunk or not based on their play alone.
aww yeah. i know newt said he'd be down, but i don't know who else on here would be willing to give it a shot :^)

i'm saying the pushing "problem" you mention is actually shared by those four (and it's actually a quality not a problem)

Oh I don't think it's a problem. I don't know how bot is played these days(to be honest), but I assume people don't want to push because they want to spend 20 minutes farming down there.

Newt

Botlane is actually great right now.

Exh nerfs, lots of fights that happen, big variance in strong picks etc.

Lulu needs to be nerfed though, she's the most powerful champion in the game by far.

Top Bottom