• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

TheFlow

Banned
you die too much as a support and u seem to often end up games without a pink ward slot which is bad (you don't buy enough pinks overall either)

my duo friend dies less often than ur 59% winrate nami on his 29% winrate thresh

you can't be dying that often on janna, u need to play safer

with a 29 percent win rate that would explain it. probably doesn't engage what so ever.

if you are looking at the current 20 games I am tilted. I am dying too much with everyone. not sure what happened to me. I buy pinks. last two janna games I had 5 pinks each both games lasted 30 mins or less.

but I am unistalling. gold 5 is good enough for me

Newt

with a 29 percent win rate that would explain it. probably doesn't engage what so ever.

if you are looking at the current 20 games I am tilted. I am dying too much with everyone. not sure what happened to me. I buy pinks. last two janna games I had 5 pinks each both games lasted 30 mins or less.

but I am unistalling. gold 5 is good enough for me
cmon flow

zkylon

zkylewd
you're clearly not being productive with the way you approach the games u play

everyone gets feeding lanes, but not everyone dies like an average of 7 times a game

you need to improve yourself before u can even think about complaining about others

if you die that much on freaking janna you're making a lot of mistakes of your own and are meaningfully contributing to your losses

watch ur own replays and figure out what you do wrong, try to break bad habits and such. watch better players and see where they ward, when they play aggressive in lane, when they roam, start paying more attention to the map, etc.

if u don't identify your own issues and just blame others and then uninstall when it doesn't work out then you just wasted ur time playing that many games. just be more critical of yourself and try to improve, you're already g5 so you're getting your skin, you don't have much to lose

TheFlow

Banned

everyone gets feeding lanes, but not everyone dies like an average of 7 times a game

you need to improve yourself before u can even think about complaining about others

if you die that much on freaking janna you're making a lot of mistakes of your own and are meaningfully contributing to your losses

watch ur own replays and figure out what you do wrong, try to break bad habits and such. watch better players and see where they ward, when they play aggressive in lane, when they roam, start paying more attention to the map, etc.

if u don't identify your own issues and just blame others and then uninstall when it doesn't work out then you just wasted ur time playing that many games. just be more critical of yourself and try to improve, you're already g5 so you're getting your skin, you don't have much to lose
I lost two I believe at 0lp. It is better to quit while ahead imo. So instead of sinking more time trying to climb I can just stop now and pursue other hobbies. I am broken so left the group and unstalled. Persona time

at some point, the only way not to die in a losing game is to not be present at all and to hide behind towers and not even bother participating in the game.

That's the truth. Yes, there is criticism to be had against people who do badly, but after a certain point in order to 'not die' you end up hiding behind 2 turrets not participating, and it's hard to criticize those that do try.

edit: Boy I said the same thing twice. Either way, when a game is lost due to things out of your control, that's that. You either try or hide in order to save your own 'kda'.

Talents

Banned
+1
Ghost's VOD reviews are legit

242.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
I lost two I believe at 0lp. It is better to quit while ahead imo. So instead of sinking more time trying to climb I can just stop now and pursue other hobbies. I am broken so left the group and unstalled. Persona time
sure, you do you

at some point, the only way not to die in a losing game is to not be present at all and to hide behind towers and not even bother participating in the game.

That's the truth. Yes, there is criticism to be had against people who do badly, but after a certain point in order to 'not die' you end up hiding behind 2 turrets not participating, and it's hard to criticize those that do try.

edit: Boy I said the same thing twice. Either way, when a game is lost due to things out of your control, that's that. You either try or hide in order to save your own 'kda'.
not really, there's a huge margin between dying an average of 7 times a game and playing overly safe

there's a reason higher elo games have less kills, the better people plays, the less unnecessary risks they take

if your average deaths is 7 you're a big part of your problem, specially if you're playing a champion like janna

Can't decide who tilts harder between Envelaap and 7Flow.

Envelaap is capable of doing some of the most enigmatic things possible, like having a 1/14 game immediately followed by a 1/17 game just because his lane opponent is Gold IV while he is Gold V, and 7Flow has more ups and downs than rides at an amusement park.

winnie-the-pooh.gif

not really, there's a huge margin between dying an average of 7 times a game and playing overly safe

there's a reason higher elo games have less kills, the better people plays, the less unnecessary risks they take

if your average deaths is 7 you're a big part of your problem, specially if you're playing a champion like janna

And like Flow said, this is gold 5. Barely out of silver. Everyone sucks in those games. Everyone is going to die like it's a clown fiesta. In those games, your kda doesn't matter. You either stomp or get stomped, and on the rare occasion have an evenly matched games.

zkylon

zkylewd
And like Flow said, this is gold 5. Barely out of silver. Everyone sucks in those games. Everyone is going to die like it's a clown fiesta. In those games, your kda doesn't matter. You either stomp or get stomped, and on the rare occasion have an evenly matched games.

i don't think it's crazy advice to recommend dying less lol

TheFlow

Banned
nah man the past 30 games I have been playing like shit.so I am definitely somewhat to blame.

That being said silver and low gold is clown fiesta hardcore. It is not rare for an average game to 40 deaths or more

i only search your profile because you always complain about things like shit teammates whenever you post here, which is why when you go like 7+ deaths on mage disengage/utility supports like janna or lulu it's strange since neither of them are particularly prone to dying if you're playing them correctly.

why does having me on your friends list matter at all

TheFlow

Banned
i only search your profile because you always complain about things like shit teammates whenever you post here, which is why when you go like 7+ deaths on mage disengage/utility supports like janna or lulu it's strange since neither of them are particularly prone to dying if you're playing them correctly.

why does having me on your friends list matter at all
Well I only got 10 games with them combine ever so that could be a factor :p. Plus I am tilted. Feeding on my mains too

Js lesss creepy to have me added than to search me everyday

Type2

What is even happening in this thread. 7flow you hit gold which means you aren't garbage mechanically by most lol standards and if you enjoy the game you should work on improving your weaknesses now that you have the fundamentals down.

Accept the importance of pink wards because often enough full build for supports is 3 pinks in late game over an extra item. Understand what areas of the jungle contain the most important points of vision to help you win the game. I can usually get my team to sit in a bush with me if it's pinked especially if I sweep enemies out of vision.

Figure out what your objective is in teamfights. Who is the best player on your team? Who is outputting the most damage in the teamfight right now? What ability or engage tool being wiffed or stopped by you will mean a win.

Next, your adc is feeding? Is your jungler winning? Get deep vision and invade with him. In general better vision means solo q junglers will gank or play on your side of the map.

Finally, yes 7 deaths on lulu, Janna, Nami usually means your team is losing especially if things start by you getting picked off. You're the teams vision, utility and peel. Did you die with locket up, redemption, unused wards or unused abilities? Odds are that is a personal mistake.
Also force people to come with you to ward say you need a buddy if it's in contested zones for objective purposes.

P.S also know when to engage. I haven't watched your games or anything but simply throwing a random bubble for a trade or unlikely pick usually leaves a squishy immobile champ dead.

TheFlow

Banned
What is even happening in this thread. 7flow you hit gold which means you aren't garbage mechanically by most lol standards and if you enjoy the game you should work on improving your weaknesses now that you have the fundamentals down.

Accept the importance of pink wards often enough full build for supports is 3 pinks in late game over an extra item. Understand what areas of the jungle contain the most important points of visions to help you win the game. I can usually get my team to sit in a bush with me if it's pinked especially if I sweep enemies out of vision.

Figure out what your objective is in teamfights. Who is the best player on your team? Who is outputting the most damage in the teamfight right now? What ability or engage tool being wiffed or stopped by you will mean a win.

Next, your adc is feeding? Is your jungler winning? Get deep vision and invade with him. In general better vision means solo q junglers will gank or play on your side of the map.

Finally, yes 7 deaths on lulu, Janna, Nami usually means your team is losing especially if things start by you getting picked off. You're the teams vision, utility and peel. Did you die with locket up, redemption, unused wards or unused abilities? Odds are that is a personal mistake.
Also force people to come with you to ward say you need a buddy if it's in contested zones for objective purposes.

P.S also know when to engage. I haven't watched your games or anything but simply throwing a random bubble for a trade or unlikely pick usually leaves a squishy immobile champ dead.
This is a good post. I need to get good

You think it's the harpy girl from the "leak?"

Oh, I definitely think that's the case. Comparing that image to the Leaked post would be like ... It would be like me saying that the next new champ is gonna be a Mature Anthro Female Monk Turtle Waifu who uses a staff and is a juggernaut (something I WANT. Riot plz ...) and then 2 weeks later bam, a teaser with a turtle shell under a cherry blossom tree. Like, it's too close on the basest of levels to not be the case.

But outta respect for the Riot employees here I see no need to talk too much about that post as it will only annoy/ hurt them and keep them out of the convos here. They put a lot of work into these reveals and the very least I can do is not promo spoiling the fun.

But that's just me. WTF do I know :v

drawkcaB

Tried Skarner again, still don't like him, still want another rework.

Really need to get around trying Tahm jungle with SBP. Here's hoping that the Sej and Maokai reworks pan out for jungling (not holding my breath though, I find update reworks mostly trash).

Leezard

leezard help me. feel like unistalling. help me again
:/

Accept the importance of pink wards often enough full build for supports is 3 pinks in late game over an extra item. Understand what areas of the jungle contain the most important points of visions to help you win the game. I can usually get my team to sit in a bush with me if it's pinked especially if I sweep enemies out of vision.

You saw the type2 post already, and that's good.

Tilting and feeding as a squishy support can often mean you want to get vision in an important area but it's too risky so you just get picked off and die. That is a thing that can happen to me when I tilt at least. Best part is to just ward the least risky places and get someone to go with you to ward Nash/drake etc.

Are you having issues with jungle camp or is the laning phase itself fine?

zkylon

zkylewd
tried gunblade leblanc three times on flex, it felt good ?

i think?

it's hard to tell since game 1 and 3 their midlaners were trash and game 2 i got stomped, flex is not as good for this kind of stuff as i would hope for

like the extra damage on gunblade is good for like a dfg facerolling and you actually heal a lot off that passive but i feel like i would get shit on if i tried this on real ranked

probably need to try it some more but right now i'm just gonna keep spamming anivia since it's working for me

zkylon

zkylewd
one of the rioters refered to the new champ as a he, so idk if that harpy thing is true

leaks have been pretty hit or miss in the past

here's hoping the leak isn't true, i like being surprised

one of the rioters refered to the new champ as a he, so idk if that harpy thing is true

leaks have been pretty hit or miss in the past

here's hoping the leak isn't true, i like being surprised

found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTAvtzKIIlk

hmm

'The Harpy and the Phoenix'.

what if it's a male and female? If they're referred to as the Harpy and the Phoenix...might be a kindred situation?

The teaser image also hints that-fire orb surrounding a humanoid bird. Doesn't necessarily mean the flame orb is emitting from the Harpy.(Edit-Apparently the description of it says this exact thing. lol.)

...or Ritos twisting what a Harpy is making him male. I can see them doing that. It could also be a code name?

Either way lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
the skin stuff sounds really generic and lame (even more star guardian skins? give me a break...), but the champion stuff, could be, no big details so could go either way

i like how eve sounds tho, sounds like i'll like her new design

the skin stuff sounds really generic and lame (even more star guardian skins? give me a break...), but the champion stuff, could be, no big details so could go either way

i like how eve sounds tho, sounds like i'll like her new design

Yeah, the skin stuff sounds literally like they looked at the list and looked what came out the past few years, and said 'Oh yeah, dark star...star guardian...make another pulsefire adc...and let's have fun and do demon/angel riven/yasuo'. Like the most generic boring ideas.

Also apparently the new champion is supposed to be like Cho'Gall? I would LOL the fuck out of my skin if League copied from HotS.

Top Bottom