• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

i was playing garen vs riven on top the other day. I straight up murder her from level 1. I picked up doran's blade and she picked up cloth armor. At level 1, just 1 spin to win almost killed her. I got 25 armor pen runes, I donno what her runes were. she just couldnt trade hits with me, since garen's spin to win is not interuptable. I killed her over and over, their jungler amumu came help her, then I just kill them both.
I think Garen is a hard counter for Riven as well.

1fOYH.jpg

So I was in a 4-man premade with a random Nunu, and we ended up going against with a few Gaffers.

Garen (YingMaster) and Wukong (AcridMeat) were destroying me top but we caught up in lanes and somehow beat them. :3 I thought it was funny running into them, I knew I recognized the names from somewhere.

AcridMeat

Banned
1fOYH.jpg

So I was in a 4-man premade with a random Nunu, and we ended up going against with a few Gaffers.

Garen (YingMaster) and Wukong (AcridMeat) were destroying me top but we caught up in lanes and somehow beat them. :3 I thought it was funny running into them, I knew I recognized the names from somewhere.

This is the single nicest way to say I went 2/9 I'll ever read.

For the record, I went 10/1/13 the next game as Lux. >_>

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I hope Riot never uploads a new video to their Youtube channel so I can see Nikasaur's hat on the home screen forever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I like that Janna portrait better.

gaf too cool for jungelrs
Garen was a random who didn't pick until the last second. I took support and left him jungle because I thought people don't like playing support.

Blizzard

Banned
I picked a bad night to experiment with ranked. I hadn't seen any active trolls in a while, then someone sat afk on the champ select screen until they got Eve. Then they went top despite us asking them to go bot lane. Then they spent a good bit of the game sitting afk in bushes, like not next to the fight?

In lobbies since then I've seen one disconnected on the other team, then someone dodged on mine, and now they're disconnected in my lobby. :( I guess they just got randomed to jungle Teemo, and the fifth player on my team who would have to go AP mid seems to also be afk.

I sure hope reporting people in ranked actually does something, must be the full moon tonight. =P *edit* Thankfully someone dodged AGAIN.

Feature

Banned
A good garen yes due to the silence (silence kills riven). A bad garen no (they do exist, I am one, and I think I beat at least one of them as Riven). Buying armor in 1v1 top right off the bad is basically surrendering as Riven already. If she had armor runes and bought shoes instead of armor, she might have had a chance if she could avoid the silence while attempting to farm.

Garen at level 1/2 is just super strong. Try him with a stunner like sion.
Get in bush => Sion stun => Silence => Spin => kill or 90% of health gone.

Ferga

Really looking forward to M5 vs CLG

I still remember SV talking about how he would easily win against Diamondez' counter jungling

Ferga

Oh god why would DL take vayne against urgot?!

Wow this is one intense game

I think this game is over. M5's team comp is all about early game and they're are losing it. Their damage is going to drop off really quickly now (noc and urgot). As long as Chauster stays with DL, CLG will win this.

Boken

Banned
Balls = dumb.

Vayne vs Ryze, Urgot and Nocturne is just way too much to deal with in team fights. That last fight proved it. I don't know who put dblift up to it, but I hope they realise that was too dumb.

Boken

Banned
Ashe, Kennen, Nocturne. The ultimate initiate team. Thats fucking scary. You can only respond to that with Janna - too bad m5 already picked it. I'd rather galio over nunu for counter initiating even. I'm not feeling CLG's team at all.

edit: Yuck. M5's team too stronk

Ferga

This is brilliant play by CLG. Perfect timing on these lane switches.

Ninja tabi on hotshot? Why? M5 has a tonne of cc and has 2 ap.

wowowoowowowowowowowowowowowoowowowoowoowwowowowowoowowowow. this baron wowowowowowow

hotshot throwing this game

Boken

Banned
CLG's strategy was really good. Never considered that early push beats initiate. Shame it ended out this way. CLG's late game team is too weak, it was over once they failed to get the bottom tower for 15 minutes.

Ferga

M5 too good. Glad i'm cheering for them for this tournament. Hotshot giving away 2 kills gave M5 2 dragons in a row and a baron. So god damn dumb how CLG lost with a 10k lead and the first baron.

Boken

Banned
I don't see how you can fault CLG so hard. They had the right answer. It was brilliant. All M5 had to do was to defend. That doesn't take much - CLG had the harder task.

Ferga

I'm not critisising CLG as a team but bad calls on Hotshot's teleport. The game literally turned when Hotshot teleported top to split push then getting caught. Then he got caught again in M5's jungle.

They played early game perfectly though. CLG got impatient in my opinion and forced split pushes when they were clearly not working.

Boken

Banned
dumbshitgg throwing the game! Amazing game this GO M5!

This is brilliant play by CLG. Perfect timing on these lane switches.

Ninja tabi on hotshot? Why? M5 has a tonne of cc and has 2 ap.

wowowoowowowowowowowowowowowoowowowoowoowwowowowowoowowowow. this baron wowowowowowow

hotshot throwing this game

But how can you people just blame hotshot? It was clearly a team decision since nobody wanted to contest dragon.

EXGN

Both teams looked really strong. You can say what you want about about Hotshot, but they were both great games that could have went either way. I predicted the winner of CLG v M5 would take the tournament and I think that's still the case. I hope Dignitas can beat the Russians though.

Hauk

Neo Member
Yorick on sale, dayumn. Time to spend some of that randomly accumulated RP now. When he was first introduced he seemed like shit, but some buffs later he seems pretty cool.

Blizzard

Banned
I realize I'm beyond terrible, but I'm convinced the last 6 ranked matches (all losses) have been some of the worst I have ever seen in ranked. One game presumably had active trolling (afk in champ select, random to eve, sit afk in bushes), but the rest probably all had at least 1-2 players who would practically NEVER stop going alone wandering out into the jungle. I begged and pleaded and tried to buy tons of wards, but it never seems to be enough.

I swear I need a giant neon sign that says
#1 Please never go alone mid/late game, for the love of all that's holy, and
#2 When their team has three squishy high damage characters, please stop constantly chasing volibear

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!

I mean, I may be terrible, and I may be at like 175 ELO, but still, you'd think people would at least play less suicidally.

Ferrio

Banned
So i might of undervalued fiora's laning capabilities. She has some pretty evil burst early levels. If you're suicidal and get a dorans blade you can easily be around 90 AD the first level. Laned against a rumble last night, and at lvl 2-3 i started to melt him.

Blizzard

Banned
Ranked continues to be awesome -- Ziggs goes 1/7 mid lane, at one point is warned about 4 times about the incoming gank (due to wards, we can see them walking into his lane), and then dies -- then says he was on facebook talking to someone.

7 losses in a row, let's see how many times we can do this, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom