• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Why does the Rainman continue to play Irelia? He just does not do well with her.

To be fair he didn't get much help when they ganked him on top. The rest of TSM should've done something when 3 SK members where top. Maybe force a dragon or take down a tower. They were surprisingly passive.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel kind of bad even asking this, but does anyone have tips for Ahri?

I tried her in a bot game, and I think I used normal AP runes, tried to max Q, bought doran's rings and AP items etc. She really did not seem to do much damage though, compared to the crazy damage and kills I have seen some Ahri players get. I gave bot Malz first blood (I think even before level 6) since ignite and the abilities were not enough to do much damage. Doing the taunt + Q combo did not seem to do much damage either, and taunt does not work through minion waves.

Should I just try to poke with Q until I get high AP? What is a good item sequence? The typical combo is EQW unless you are ulting, correct?

Wrekt

I tried her in a bot game, and I think I used normal AP runes, tried to max Q, bought doran's rings and AP items etc. She really did not seem to do much damage though, compared to the crazy damage and kills I have seen some Ahri players get. I gave bot Malz first blood (I think even before level 6) since ignite and the abilities were not enough to do much damage. Doing the taunt + Q combo did not seem to do much damage either, and taunt does not work through minion waves.

Should I just try to poke with Q until I get high AP? What is a good item sequence? The typical combo is EQW unless you are ulting, correct?

Poke with Q. Against Malz he will push the lane super hard, so try and use Q to freeze the minion wave just outside of your turret range. Play passive till you get 6. Ult if you see a pool go down (as you are about to get ulted yourself.) Without the pool damage (and assuming you dodge a Q too) he won't be able to finish you off if you didn't dive on him with <50% hp.

I go dorans to start and grab a Hextech and boots on my first back. If I'm winning my lane I'll go forward into a WotA. If I'm getting my ass kicked I'll start building a RoA. Once I build one, I work on the other. 5th item is a Deathcap and then if the game is still going I'll build towards an Hourglass. Against Malz, I'd toss a QSS in after the Hextech Revolver though.

Edit: I only use E for team fights and when I'm committing to a fight. Q then E them. Ult to get behind them (between them and their friendly turret.) Then activate W and walk back with them, hitting auto attacks between steps.

EXGN

To be fair he didn't get much help when they ganked him on top. The rest of TSM should've done something when 3 SK members where top. Maybe force a dragon or take down a tower. They were surprisingly passive.

He didn't do much against Curse's Shyvanna either as Irelia or in Kiev against M5. It just doesn't seem like Irelia is a good fit for him.

Not saying he played poorly - I think Regi was the weakest link in their losses today. I just think TRM could have a bigger impact with a different champion

bjaelke

He didn't do much against Curse's Shyvanna either as Irelia or in Kiev against M5. It just doesn't seem like Irelia is a good fit for him.

Not saying he played poorly - I think Regi was the weakest link in their losses today. I just think TRM could have a bigger impact with a different champion

I agree with you. All I'm saying is that it wasn't his fault this match. Should probably have picked something like Tryndamere instead.

KKRT00

Remember to have mana regen runes, because she has serious mana issues without blue, I start with boots and two health potion and one mana, then i got two dorian rings or dorian + small rod, then i go for rabadon -> spell wamp 'gun' /magic penetration boots, then for void staff or clepsydra, so just pure ap. Rod of Ages is mistake, You will died on CC anyway and mana isnt that much of problem later. For first ten levels if You dont have blue just be smart about using skills, dont waste it on farming, just for harass.

--
I had so awesome game as a Shen minute ago, i'm so pissed that and i havent turned lol recorder before ;\, it was such a great play.
http://i.imgur.com/R9fHK.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Watching these games last night made me appreciate the fighting game community so much more.

The format for these damn games is so stuffy and formal, I'm rolling my eyes during it.

Wrekt

I start with boots and two health potion and one mana, then i got two dorian rings or dorian + small rod, then i go for rabadon -> spell wamp 'gun' /magic penetration boots, then for void staff or clepsydra, so just pure ap. Rod of Ages is mistake, You will died on CC anyway and mana isnt that much of problem later.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree here. Now I honestly don't know what you meant by "clepsydra" but assuming that was just a typo on an AP item, you have 0 defenses outside of the Dorans rings. 0 tenacity, 0 armor, 0 MR. I'm not content with just "dying to CC anyway." I skip something like RoA on naturally tanky mid like Morgana but no way in hell am I going to glass cannon on a champ that has relatively short range like Ahri.

Ferrio

Banned
We are just going to have to agree to disagree here. Now I honestly don't know what you meant by "clepsydra" but assuming that was just a typo on an AP item, you have 0 defenses outside of the Dorans rings. 0 tenacity, 0 armor, 0 MR. I'm not content with just "dying to CC anyway." I skip something like RoA on naturally tanky mid like Morgana but no way in hell am I going to glass cannon on a champ that has relatively short range like Ahri.

Don't think I've ever seen Kiunch with RoA on ahri and he dominates with her quite often. Her mobility and spellvamp make it so she doesn't have to build health.

Blizzard

Banned
I think at least one top-rated guide I was looking at said shoes, doran's, doran's, rylai's, deathcap. Something like that. It just didn't seem like I was doing much damage even against bots early game. Maybe I need void staff by the time I get AP.

I think at least one top-rated guide I was looking at said shoes, doran's, doran's, rylai's, deathcap. Something like that. It just didn't seem like I was doing much damage even against bots early game. Maybe I need void staff by the time I get AP.

Rylais is preferable because with ROA you sink alot of gold into the extra mana pool which ahri doesn't need. Ahri isn't as desperate for HP early because shes so mobile. Champs that rush wota cant really get an ROA also because it slows down their build way too much.

Ahri is not a burst assassin like kassadin. She has low mana costs and low CDs meaning she's great for sustaining in a lane and doing consistent damage over a long period of time instead of all her damage up front and then sitting through a long cooldown cycle.

KKRT00

By clepsydra i meant Zhonya Hourglass :)

Volimar

Watching these games last night made me appreciate the fighting game community so much more.

The format for these damn games is so stuffy and formal, I'm rolling my eyes during it.

This reminds me of a question I had. Are there any pro teams with women on them in the tourneys?

Zissou

This was the first lol tournament I tried watching, and it was super jarring. It feels like watching golf with the non-hype commentary and polite clapping being the only form of audience reaction to the game, as well as the isolation of the players from the audience to prevent them from being 'disturbed' (I understand the reasons for this, but still, it sucks a lot of excitement out of it). This community needs its yipes or something.

Ferrio

Banned
This was the first lol tournament I tried watching, and it was super jarring. It feels like watching golf with the non-hype commentary and polite clapping being the only form of audience reaction to the game, as well as the isolation of the players from the audience to prevent them from being 'disturbed' (I understand the reasons for this, but still, it sucks a lot of excitement out of it). This community needs its yipes or something.

Exactly, sounds like golf. It's hard to get excited about a game when it's being presented that way. The commentators kept explaining the basics of the game over and over and over. I assure you mr commentator, anyone watching these games knows how LoL works.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

If you are not under level, after 2 dorans, you should be able to kill most mid at level 6 combo + ignite if they are under 70% health. Ult to dive in front of them, charm, Q both hit, W, ignite then use the remaining 2 charge on your ult to finish them off or escape.

Before they hit 70% health, just aim your Q whenever they try to last hit.

Rayven

aka surume

It's a 30-40 minute match vs 3 minutes. Completely different in terms of intensity.

The tone of the few fighting tournaments I've seen was super fratty including shoutcasters openly taunting participants, shit-talking, etc.

Anyone have links to some pro ones?

what they should do is do it like StarCraft in Korea where players are playing in booths and the audiences can cheer.

A team fight in LoL isn't any less exciting than "WHERE YOU AT!?"

JesseZao

It's a 30-40 minute match vs 3 minutes. Completely different in terms of intensity.

The tone of the few fighting tournaments I've seen was super fratty including shoutcasters openly taunting participants, shit-talking, etc.

Anyone have links to some pro ones?

I don't mind the format of this tournie, but I think it would be good to find more shoutcasters for the games. I like that Phreak et al. like to participate and cast games, but I would hope more pro players and people from the community are brought in to cast games. When SC2 was new and I was playing it, the casters were entertaining and informative and they were from the community and some were pro players.

If there are channels where people just commentate over replays of games of LoL, I haven't found them, but that is how it seemed the SC2 shoutcasters got their start.

Tried an early counter jungle for the first time today and it couldn't have been better.

skarner.jpg

I was Skarner and the enemy had Warwick (lol). Started with Regrowth Pendant + 1 Potion. Killed my wolves and blue and proceeded to camp at the bush beside enemy red. I was there for quite a long while that I contemplated on just moving on, but thankfully he came. Seems like he went back to heal since he's on full HP/MP. I waited for him to weaken red enough then I dashed and stole red with Smite then immediately killed him for first blood. Felt so good.

Thought the match was gonna suck since our Riven went AFK for 05:00-20:00 game time. Got forced to solo top. Our Nexus towers were already both down by the time Riven reconnected but we managed to push back. No one in the team really wanted the buffs which made me really happy.

Avinexus

I was Skarner and the enemy had Warwick (lol). Started with Regrowth Pendant + 1 Potion. Killed my wolves and blue and proceeded to camp at the bush beside enemy red. I was there for quite a long while that I contemplated on just moving on, but thankfully he came. Seems like he went back to heal since he's on full HP/MP. I waited for him to weaken red enough then I dashed and stole red with Smite then immediately killed him for first blood. Felt so good.

I do that nearly ever game now if I am using a strong jungler. I go exhaust/smite and 90% of the time end up with their red and first blood.

Yeah, sounds like Xspecial's Ahri build. I had trouble doing damage with it at low summoner levels (I'm currently 26) but I think it was mostly lack of masteries.

At the start I found Ahri very hard to CS with using just autoattacks and was wasting Q's farming early. Once you get the 2x Doran's she can two shot the caster creeps and you have decent regen making it much easier to farm with Q. Now I use my Q sparingly until I've got my rings. I've never really tried running mana regen runes, I think I went with magic pen and magic resist... whatever is in Xspecial's guide.

Rylai's does delay your damage a bit but ups your utility and the health is a nice bonus. I had a lot of trouble going Rylai's first when I first started playing because you have to have competent CS if you're going to pick it up before deathcap and mine wasn't. Edit: I also get t2 boots after doran's, not sure if this is good or not... people tell me that t2 boot timing depends on how the game is going.

Sorry for trying to give advice at SL 26 but I've played Ahri most and had some of the same troubles early on with her.

Blizzard

Banned
It may only work in low-level blind pick games, but pantheon and leona have done well for me. Kiunch and I are now 5/0 when we have laned together doing that. Some games I make mistakes or don't do well, but we have been lucky enough to have decent teammates, so as long as at least 2 other people are decent on the team, it seems to work really well.

Ferrio

Banned
It may only work in low-level blind pick games, but pantheon and leona have done well for me. Kiunch and I are now 5/0 when we have laned together doing that. Some games I make mistakes or don't do well, but we have been lucky enough to have decent teammates, so as long as at least 2 other people are decent on the team, it seems to work really well.

It's an anti bot lane meta killer for sure. Trouble is you gotta make it count cause panth will fall off later.

Blizzard

Banned
It's an anti bot lane meta killer for sure. Trouble is you gotta make it count cause panth will fall off later.
Yeah, every time so far it's counted, but we'll probably run into some pro ranged farmer eventually that messes it up. Pantheon's heartseeker in THEORY does ridiculous damage if he gets AD stacked, but he can also be burst down easily in that case. I just try to do well early and hope they surrender. :p

Ferga

Wow TSM is out. God damn. Cheering for M5 now.

To be honest though, I only like Chaox in TSM. He always seems to know what he is doing.

broz0rs

Yeah, every time so far it's counted, but we'll probably run into some pro ranged farmer eventually that messes it up. Pantheon's heartseeker in THEORY does ridiculous damage if he gets AD stacked, but he can also be burst down easily in that case. I just try to do well early and hope they surrender. :p

lol he basically turns into Twisted Fate at end game.

bjaelke

QUARTER-FINALS
9:10 Quarterfinal #1: CLG vs. Curse
12:05 Quarterfinal #2: aAa vs. SK Gaming

Great games today. Could go either way.

bjaelke

Brilliant play by Elementz on Janna for the double kill. Cops should probably have bought Last Whisper early on to counter the 2 x Randuin and Sunfire.

Curse comeback in the makings. Fantastic kill on jiji

Ferga

Wow SV's mundo really knows how to initiate. Love watching that last team fight. Hits a blind cleaver and goes straight in, facechecking a blind bush without flinching. Mundo+zilean real terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom