• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feature

Banned
very nice , a malzahar. Will be interesting to see how the pro's use him. When I play him I can rape whole teams with him.

Ferga

I think AAA is really regretting not taking advantage of the huge lead they had. If this goes on, Udyr is going to be fearfully strong.

Ferga

malzahar's damage has fallen exponentially. I can't see AAA winning this now. They just dont have enough damage to match graves and cass

edit: yup. gg.

bjaelke

SK made a come back. How the hell did AAA lose? They we're winning all game until Candy Panda stole Baron with Grave's Ult.

They smited too early. You could see the +10 gold over Maokai's head right before Graves used his ultimate. It was the first of many bad decisions in that game.

Ferga

Wow i love these line ups!

And a fizz!

gee SK needs to work on csing

SK getting downright outplayed in this 3rd game

SK got crushed. Funny how the commentators said "AAA can walk off, and let 5 random people in the audience play and they'll still win."
Renek pick was awful. Kennen bully him throughout the whole game. Kennen > Renekton.

Feature

Banned
That guy playing malz was shit. He needed to throw down his pool under someone and ult that person on it. No, at some point he ulted an udyr, udyr rank and he threw a pull at the edge of his feet while he was running... I thought I was watching a random solo que game there.

XeroSauce

That guy playing malz was shit. He needed to throw down his pool under someone and ult that person on it. No, at some point he ulted an udyr, udyr rank and he threw a pull at the edge of his feet while he was running... I thought I was watching a random solo que game there.

God that was horrible. I tuned in around that time and just shut it off. I'll get the nutshell one later.

Mxrz

The bots in custom seem worse than ever. I wanted to try out Ahri, and bleh. They could've at least fixed that "Get stuck at the edge of the base for the entire match" thing.

Anyhow, I see why folks dig Ahri. Seemed like a much faster, much safer LeBlanc. Don't get hit, poke poke, finish off. Didn't realize how good her ult actually is.

Blizzard

Banned
The bots in custom seem worse than ever. I wanted to try out Ahri, and bleh. They could've at least fixed that "Get stuck at the edge of the base for the entire match" thing.

Anyhow, I see why folks dig Ahri. Seemed like a much faster, much safer LeBlanc. Don't get hit, poke poke, finish off. Didn't realize how good her ult actually is.
Her ult used to be better.

Also you didn't have an afk person on your team by any chance, did you? We had one and a bot went afk at the same level to keep it even.

Not really though. Ahri's more of a sustained damage champion whereas Leblanc's WQRE can insta-gib people.

EXGN

That's the ideal way of doing that, but obviously it's a lot harder when facing teams of that calibur lol. Malz just isn't a very good champion right now after the damage nerfs because his combo can be so difficult to pull off without jeopardizing positioning.

Also, Shen + Udyr taking on Baron by themselves at the 20 minute mark. Hope everyone understands why Shen is OP now, lol.

Ferrio

Banned
Shen's going to be a nightmare to balance, I don't think they can do it with his kit. You make him too weak he gets blown up in lane. Make him too strong he dominates his lane, everyone elses lane, and wrecks in teamfights.

They need to pick between having him strong, or having him utility (as a tank at a moments notice).

bjaelke

Also, Shen + Udyr taking on Baron by themselves at the 20 minute mark. Hope everyone understands why Shen is OP now, lol.

That has nothing to do with Shen being OP. Udyr had Wriggles Lantern which allows most champion compositions to 2-man baron at the 20 minute mark. They were even doing it at a fairly slow speed - only surpassed by Leona and Maokai.

Ferrio

Banned
So why no Sejuani at the tourny, i need to see her be played.

LOL

Also shen has the most bans at 24. Cass following him at 17.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So why no Sejuani at the tourny, i need to see her be played.

LOL
The impact of the new jungle on the game is embarrassing. It is literally always an AOE clear jungler who can keep up on levels and has no need for mana regen to donate blue buff around. Mundo, Shyvana, Udyr, Lee Sin, maybe Maokai. Shen will do the job too. Nautilus showing up some too because he fits that archetype but wow is it repetitive.

Fast, safe, and tanky junglers who can just grab Oracles and ward clear all day instead of ganking.

EXGN

That has nothing to do with Shen being OP. Udyr had Wriggles Lantern which allows most champion compositions to 2-man baron at the 20 minute mark. They were even doing it at a fairly slow speed - only surpassed by Leona and Maokai.

Yea but Shen's Q allows them to do it at absolutely zero risk. If someone came, they would have been able to escape with ease at mostly high health. Most other champions, it would come with a certain amount of risk because it would take a long time and bring them to low health. Also, Saint doesn't run Wriggles on Udyr - his build is like Randuins/Wits/Trinity. Imagine how ridiculous that Barron run woulda been WITH Wriggles?

Boken

Banned
The impact of the new jungle on the game is embarrassing. It is literally always an AOE clear jungler who can keep up on levels and has no need for mana regen to donate blue buff around. Mundo, Shyvana, Udyr, Lee Sin, maybe Maokai. Shen will do the job too. Nautilus showing up some too because he fits that archetype but wow is it repetitive.

Fast, safe, and tanky junglers who can just grab Oracles and ward clear all day instead of ganking.

"AOE clear jungler who can keep up on levels and has no need for mana regen" - that's what old jungle was.
"instead of ganking." - "Lee Sin, maybe Maokai." Those guys are gankers bro. Nautilus is also a ganker

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Shen's going to be a nightmare to balance, I don't think they can do it with his kit. You make him too weak he gets blown up in lane. Make him too strong he dominates his lane, everyone elses lane, and wrecks in teamfights.

They need to pick between having him strong, or having him utility (as a tank at a moments notice).

Remove global from his ultimate.

Fixed~

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"AOE clear jungler who can keep up on levels and has no need for mana regen" - that's what old jungle was.
"instead of ganking." - "Lee Sin, maybe Maokai." Those guys are gankers bro. Nautilus is also a ganker
Seems pretty common for the first 10-20 minutes of the game to see maybe one or two kills. I don't mean that they don't gank ever, but the focus of the role shifts pretty heavily to denying vision.

Blizzard

Banned
Considering how Twisted Fate, Nocturne, and Pantheon are not (but used to be?) global, it would make sense to me to lower Shen's ult to have the same range.

I am fine with Gangplank keeping his global because I'm biased and like Gangplank, and also because it only damages and slows a certain area, rather than bringing an extra player into the fight.

XeroSauce

Considering how Twisted Fate, Nocturne, and Pantheon are not (but used to be?) global, it would make sense to me to lower Shen's ult to have the same range.

I am fine with Gangplank keeping his global because I'm biased and like Gangplank, and also because it only damages and slows a certain area, rather than bringing an extra player into the fight.

It's the biggest CC in terms of range, is it not? GP has that stuff on like a 50 second cooldown, he basically has a global Sejuani he can throw every minute.

Blizzard

Banned
It's the biggest CC in terms of range, is it not? GP has that stuff on like a 50 second cooldown, he basically has a global Sejuani he can throw every minute.
Sejuani's is a 1-2 second stun, not a slow. Gangplank has that on a 110 second cooldown at level 3, the exact same as Sejuani. Gangplank's also does limited damage (with a small AP ratio), and people actually have to get hit by the cannonballs to take damage, and presumably no one builds much AP on Gangplank.

It can be great for team fights, but I don't think I've ever considered taking Gangplank ult damage a game changer like Shen suddenly appearing in a teamfight, saving someone, and taunting 2 people. *shrug*

EXGN

Sejuani's is a 1-2 second stun, not a slow. Gangplank has that on a 110 second cooldown at level 3, the exact same as Sejuani. Gangplank's also does limited damage (with a small AP ratio), and people actually have to get hit by the cannonballs to take damage, and presumably no one builds much AP on Gangplank.

It can be great for team fights, but I don't think I've ever considered taking Gangplank ult damage a game changer like Shen suddenly appearing in a teamfight, saving someone, and taunting 2 people. *shrug*

Ya, for the GP ult, I almost exclusively use it for the AOE slow. If I see a champion get away from a fight with like 50 HP, that's the only time I'll use it for damage.

XeroSauce

I'm talking out of my butt because I'm biased against his ult. Of course in comparison to Shen, GP's ult is lackluster, but when I'm top as let's say Riven and I can't do anything to stop my opponent from securing two kills for his team all the way from top lane while I have to use tele or something...I just really dislike global ults as a whole.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm talking out of my butt because I'm biased against his ult. Of course in comparison to Shen, GP's ult is lackluster, but when I'm top as let's say Riven and I can't do anything to stop my opponent from securing two kills for his team all the way from top lane while I have to use tele or something...I just really dislike global ults as a whole.
And I'm biased because I like Gangplank and think his is the least offensive of the global ults. All others than I can remember (maybe I'm missing some?) physically teleported the champion to the target location.

However, Riven is probably my best champion and the one I have played the most in the last few months. I need to get back to her, but I will say that Gangplank and Cho'gath are two of the most annoying matchups for Riven to face top lane, so Gangplank getting assists across the map (and bonus gold from parley last hits) is the least of your problems. :p

XeroSauce

And I'm biased because I like Gangplank and think his is the least offensive of the global ults. All others than I can remember (maybe I'm missing some?) physically teleported the champion to the target location.

However, Riven is probably my best champion and the one I have played the most in the last few months. I need to get back to her, but I will say that Gangplank and Cho'gath are two of the most annoying matchups for Riven to face top lane, so Gangplank getting assists across the map (and bonus gold from parley last hits) is the least of your problems. :p

Those crits man. At least Trynd has to get in range for that stuff.

Zissou

Don't forget Karthus!
I hope they never nerf him...

VALKYRAY

Banned

i was playing garen vs riven on top the other day. I straight up murder her from level 1. I picked up doran's blade and she picked up cloth armor. At level 1, just 1 spin to win almost killed her. I got 25 armor pen runes, I donno what her runes were. she just couldnt trade hits with me, since garen's spin to win is not interuptable. I killed her over and over, their jungler amumu came help her, then I just kill them both.
I think Garen is a hard counter for Riven as well.

Blizzard

Banned
i was playing garen vs riven on top the other day. I straight up murder her from level 1. I picked up doran's blade and she picked up cloth armor. At level 1, just 1 spin to win almost killed her. I got 25 armor pen runes, I donno what her runes were. she just couldnt trade hits with me, since garen's spin to win is not interuptable. I killed her over and over, their jungler amumu came help her, then I just kill them both.
I think Garen is a hard counter for Riven as well.
A good garen yes due to the silence (silence kills riven). A bad garen no (they do exist, I am one, and I think I beat at least one of them as Riven). Buying armor in 1v1 top right off the bad is basically surrendering as Riven already. If she had armor runes and bought shoes instead of armor, she might have had a chance if she could avoid the silence while attempting to farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom